Pro Second Amendment Student Walk Out - Page 3

Pro Second Amendment Student Walk Out

This is a discussion on Pro Second Amendment Student Walk Out within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Here is an article from the Washington Examiner that explains Willl's reasoning behind his protest. Very coherent as compared to the Little Hitler at Parkland. ...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
Like Tree76Likes

Thread: Pro Second Amendment Student Walk Out

Distinguished Member Array BMcPhe44's Avatar
    Here is an article from the Washington Examiner that explains Willl's reasoning behind his protest. Very coherent as compared to the Little Hitler at Parkland.

https://www.washingtontimes.com/news...ent-walkout-s/
    "“The #Enough walkouts, they were often encouraged or at least really condoned by the school administrators,” he said. “We wanted to say, ‘Look, we want to be represented as well, but we don’t want to disrupt class, so we’re not going to ask for as much.’”
    He also has a message for student participants: “I’m telling everyone, don’t leave campus. We’re going to get our voices heard. This isn’t about you ditching class, this is about our constitutional rights.”
    Pete63 likes this.
    "Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants; it is the creed of slaves."
    - William Pitt

{NRA Benefactor Member and proud supporter of the 2nd Amendment}

Distinguished Member Array SOS24's Avatar
    I thought it was telling and thought out why the walkout was set for 16 minutes.
    [“We do however recognize that when anti-gun students organized their walkout, they were allowed and often encouraged by their schools. In light of this fact, we ask we receive the same platform to express our views.”

The meaning behind the 16 minutes he’s allotted for the walkout is also a direct nod to the anti-gun violence walkout in March: “In the spirit of civility with school districts around the country, we are asking for one minute less than the other side received,” according to the website.
    Last edited by rstickle; May 3rd, 2018 at 03:03 PM.
    Hoganbeg likes this.

Im surprised to see this being given attention by MSN. I thought this was a nice touch.

“Every year an estimated 1.5 million Americans use a firearm to defend themselves,” Riley said. “During a 16 minute walkout, that breaks down to 91 American lives saved during the walkout. We want Americans to know that firearms are overwhelmingly used for good in our country.”
    https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/st...AwDWmZ?ocid=sf
    a poor plan that is well executed will produce better results that a good plan that is poorly executed.

This is America. I have the right to go places. You have the right to stay home. You have the right to be upset about me going places. I have the right to not care.

4. Remove Advertisements
    DefensiveCarry.com
    Advertisements

Senior Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Pete63 View Post
    According to the link posted by @OldVet , the anti's WERE ENCOURAGED AND SUPPORTED to protest/walk out.
    And the Pro's were probably DISCOURAGED AND SUSPENDED.
    Havok and Pete63 like this.
    Rick

EOD - Initial success or total failure

Quote Originally Posted by rstickle View Post
    And the Pro's were probably DISCOURAGED AND SUSPENDED.
    Not to mention they suspended people who refused to participate in the anti gun walkout.
    a poor plan that is well executed will produce better results that a good plan that is poorly executed.

This is America. I have the right to go places. You have the right to stay home. You have the right to be upset about me going places. I have the right to not care.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Sponsored Links