Pro Second Amendment Student Walk Out

This is a discussion on Pro Second Amendment Student Walk Out within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Students at a High School in Michigan plan a walk out today in support of gun rights. https://www.lansingstatejournal.com/...rom=new-cookie...

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree76Likes

Thread: Pro Second Amendment Student Walk Out

VIP Member

Students at a High School in Michigan plan a walk out today in support of gun rights.
    https://www.lansingstatejournal.com/...rom=new-cookie
    PhaedrusIV, gasmitty, sgb and 5 others like this.
    NRA Benefactor Life Member
    Live Well, Laugh Often, Defend Yourself
    Nemo Me Impune Lacessit
    This land abounds in ruffians and varmints. Their numbers are legion, their evil skills commensurate.

Im not going to support them leaving school just because they are pro 2A. I still think they need to be doing this on their own time. They are there to get an education.
    We get the government we deserve.

Senior Member Array CreedDryrot's Avatar
    I saw on the news this morning that a couple of high schools are doing it here too.
    The Old Anglo likes this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    DefensiveCarry.com
    Advertisements

Distinguished Member Array NECCdude's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Pete63 View Post
    Students at a High School in Michigan plan a walk out today in support of gun rights.
    https://www.lansingstatejournal.com/...rom=new-cookie
    NRA TV had a segment last night about a nationwide pro-2A walkout. The HS students planned to do so whether or not the school district approved.
    Member NRA, SAF, GOA, NFOA, USCCA

Microwave radio technicians are fully deviated.

Lead Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by NECCdude View Post
    NRA TV had a segment last night about a nationwide pro-2A walkout. The HS students planned to do so whether or not the school district approved.
    If the district approved the anti 2A, they should darn sure approve the pro 2A, or someone should be called to answer. Or just ban all these walkouts during school hours and be done with it!
    Rick

EOD - Initial success or total failure

Distinguished Member Array NECCdude's Avatar
    Interesting thing is that I didn't see anything in last night's mainstream/liberal news media about this walkout. I'll watch ABC tonight and see if this gets mentioned. Probably will be mentioned if the turnout is low or controversial (i.e. students against students).
    The Old Anglo likes this.
    Member NRA, SAF, GOA, NFOA, USCCA

Microwave radio technicians are fully deviated.

For some its any excuse to leave class and hang with friends.

Next month it will be to support the South Gobi Desert Gerbil.
    There's only one way to get to heaven. John 14:6

Glad to see some kids standing up for the 2nd; not really in agreement with them leaving school to do it - they put themselves on a level with the antis in this way; they should be above the antis by doing this on their own time and maintaining their educational activities as appropriate.

I strongly support the pro 2A walk out. If the anti's were allowed then the pro's should be allowed. Good on the kids willing to make their voices heard and not being like the others begging for their own rights to be stripped of them. It's refreshing to see free thinking youth

Quote Originally Posted by sammeow View Post
    For some its any excuse to leave class and hang with friends.

Next month it will be to support the South Gobi Desert Gerbil.
    ...which is the reason I'm leaving work early today....protesting at the golf course. "Save the South Gobi Desert Gerbil's" (plural) LOL
    DownInTheDark likes this.
    Have I not commanded you, Be strong and courageous. Do not be afraid; do not be discouraged, for the Lord your God will be with you wherever you go. Joshua 1:9

Another link on the topic for your reading enjoyment.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/st...cid=spartanntp
    NECCdude and Pete63 like this.
    Retired USAF E-8. Curmudgeon on the loose.
    Lighten up and enjoy life because:
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your life it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... Buffalo Springfield - For What It's Worth

Distinguished Member Array RedSafety's Avatar
    Have to agree with rsticide, if school approved anti-2A walkout, then they MUST approve this or pay huge fines, PERSONAL fines for unequal voice, a gross violation of the 1A.
    Pete63 likes this.
    When seconds count, help is only 18+ minutes away!

flh
    I beleave that anything that involves kids viewing guns as good , is most definitely a great thing , we all know how the media attempts to make guns and the use of guns in any form as evil,

If they are going allow one side to protest they sure better allow the protests for both sides

I'll bet this pro 2nd protest gets little News coverage compared to the anti 2nd ...

Here is a picture from the local paper 12-18 year olds enjoying a school sponsored event ,

Who would have thought it possible, kids having fun enjoying a shooting sport..
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Pro Second Amendment Student Walk Out-img_2012.jpg  

The Greatest Lesson I Have Learned in Life is that I still have a lot to Learn

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by NECCdude View Post
    Interesting thing is that I didn't see anything in last night's mainstream/liberal news media about this walkout. I'll watch ABC tonight and see if this gets mentioned. Probably will be mentioned if the turnout is low or controversial (i.e. students against students).
    Believe it or not, This was mentioned on FLNBC news crawler this mourning! (Far Left NBC) I get a lot of my news(spin) from NBC & PBS every mourning!
    Nemo Me Impune Lacessit
    This land abounds in ruffians and varmints. Their numbers are legion, their evil skills commensurate.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by rstickle View Post
    If the district approved the anti 2A, they should darn sure approve the pro 2A, or someone should be called to answer. Or just ban all these walkouts during school hours and be done with it!
    Quote Originally Posted by johndp1911 View Post
    I strongly support the pro 2A walk out. If the anti's were allowed then the pro's should be allowed. Good on the kids willing to make their voices heard and not being like the others begging for their own rights to be stripped of them. It's refreshing to see free thinking youth
    Quote Originally Posted by flh View Post
    I beleave that anything that involves kids viewing guns as good , is most definitely a great thing , we all know how the media attempts to make guns and the use of guns in any form as evil,

If they are going allow one side to protest they sure better allow the protests for both sides

I'll bet this pro 2nd protest gets little News coverage compared to the anti 2nd ...

Here is a picture from the local paper 12-18 year olds enjoying a school sponsored event ,

Who would have thought it possible, kids having fun enjoying a shooting sport..
    According to the link posted by @OldVet , the anti's WERE ENCOURAGED AND SUPPORTED to protest/walk out.
    Nemo Me Impune Lacessit

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Sponsored Links