467 People In FL Ordered To Turn In Guns - Page 4

467 People In FL Ordered To Turn In Guns

This is a discussion on 467 People In FL Ordered To Turn In Guns within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Originally Posted by Mike1956 RINO, lame-duck Kasich is pushing for one here, as well in gearing up for his 2020 presidential run. He's finished.........he won ...

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
Like Tree146Likes

Thread: 467 People In FL Ordered To Turn In Guns

Quote Originally Posted by Mike1956 View Post
    RINO, lame-duck Kasich is pushing for one here, as well in gearing up for his 2020 presidential run.
    He's finished.........he won one state. Who is going to bankroll that? Maybe George Soros to siphon votes off Trump.
    Mike1956 and The Old Anglo like this.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Doogie View Post
    He's finished.........he won one state. Who is going to bankroll that? Maybe George Soros to siphon votes off Trump.
    From what I hear, he is the darling of the Sunday morning talking head shows.
    msgt/ret likes this.
    "Stop being dangerous, and you become edible." William Aprill

Be careful what you put out there. The Universe is listening.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike1956 View Post
    From what I hear, he is the darling of the Sunday morning talking head shows.
    Yeah but they only talk and don't pay the super big $$ needed to mount a real campaign. He just likes to hear himself talk.
    msgt/ret likes this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    DefensiveCarry.com
    Advertisements

Distinguished Member Array riverrambler's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Havok View Post
    My appologies. I thought you were saying I assumed nobody voted for it. Which to be honest, I was. Thats what I get for assuming!
    No worries, I worded it wrong
    I didn't attend his funeral, but I sent a nice letter saying I approved of it.
    Mark Twain

Distinguished Member Array riverrambler's Avatar
    doesn't matter due process is due process. The courts will have to weigh in.
    That due process is still going to cost a bundle, like maybe $10,000 to prove you are innocent of the charges. Meanwhile they have all your guns and I doubt you'll get them back in a timely fashion if you prevail. This is pretty much like a good ole witch hunt.
    sdprof, craze, dp1911 and 2 others like this.
    I didn't attend his funeral, but I sent a nice letter saying I approved of it.
    Mark Twain

It does matter who you vote for, and this is a prime example. Hopefully there will be enough politicians with a backbone to fight this.
    Even folks that claim to pro 2ndA are supporting this knee jerk hogwash.
    It blows my mind how gullible and ignorant some people can be.
    The Old Anglo likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by riverrambler View Post
    That due process is still going to cost a bundle, like maybe $10,000 to prove you are innocent of the charges. Meanwhile they have all your guns and I doubt you'll get them back in a timely fashion if you prevail. This is pretty much like a good ole witch hunt.
    That's not what I am talking about. The laws will be found to be unconstitutional.

I have read the entire thread and I am not real sure what the question is but I am completely sure that the answer is "NO".
    sdprof and The Old Anglo like this.
    Audemus jura nostra defendere

SI VIS PACEM PARA BELLUM

Senior Member Array Bubblehead751's Avatar
    The criminal justice system is the real threat. It is a revolving door three ring circus and judges are the ring masters.
    Havok and The Old Anglo like this.
    Montani Semper Liberi

Mountaineers are Always Free!

Quote Originally Posted by Havok View Post
    Anyone could commit a crime, but this gives them a way to start taking guns away from basically anyone.

Abbott wants to implement red flag laws here in Texas. I have emailed him twice about it and never got a reply. Not too happy about that.
    Yes, they are violating the fundamental principle: presumption of innocense. This country becomes tyranny.
    Havok and The Old Anglo like this.

Well there are 20,980,000 residents in Florida so 467 while it sounds like a big number isn't.
    One is too big number out of the whole population of the US. If that one is YOU.
    Havok, msgt/ret, dp1911 and 1 others like this.

Quote Originally Posted by gunenthusiast View Post
    One is too big number out of the whole population of the US. If that one is YOU.
    Yep. Thatís 467 times the state got away with violating peopleís rights. It could have just as easily been anyone else. Just because it wasnít me doesnít mean I should be ok with it. Now the precedent has been set. How far can they push it? How many people will be victims of this in the future?
    The Old Anglo likes this.
    We get the government we deserve.

Hmmm...........467 people. Guess there were no "cold dead hands" types among them. I think this demonstrates exactly how gun confiscation will look like. When civilians are ordered to turn them in, the vast majority will turn them in. When law enforcement officers are ordered to seize civilian weapon, the vast majority will seize civilian weapons.
    OldVet, The Old Anglo and darbo like this.
    "Some people go to bed with Lucifer..........then cry, cry, cry when they don't greet the day with God."

Some thoughts:

Civil suits against those who falsely accuse under Red Flag?

Isnít a Red Flag report subject to false reporting laws? In those cases, the police and their time is purposely being abused the same as with any false report.

I assume if youíve been Red Flagged you also are not able to purchase a firearm. If not, whatís the point of taking a man's gun he can just go buy another?

Normally, if a person is disarmed by the law but there are no charges filed, the weapon is returned. I can see the possibility of a guy with a legal gun on him or in his car getting Red Flagged for disputing an infraction with a traffic cop. Cop gets pissed, Red Flags the guy for being irrational and behaving in a ďhostile fashion.Ē If the law is available to police chiefs who oppose gun ownership or carry, things could get interesting, indeed.

Wife has an affair. Husband is pissed and contentious divorce ensues? Wife reports that husband is a gun owner. Confiscated gun collection worth thousands of dollars canít be returned to the guy after divorce (lest he seek revenge with them) so they are awarded to the cheating wife. Talk about insult to injury.

Equal protection? Why do we have a law geared only toward protecting people from being shot? For example, a person triggers a Red Flag report and the reporting person says he owns a gun. Upon investigating, itís found he sold his gun the month before.
    A: Do the cops just leave him alone Ė a man they believe to be a likely danger to the public Ė just because he doesnít own a gun?
    B: Since if he had owned a gun the cops would have confiscated it under Red Flag, is his right to buy a gun terminated under Red Flag?

Should those on forumís and other social media be careful of what they post, lest they provide evidence that could be used to justify being Red Flagged?
    Havok, msgt/ret and The Old Anglo like this.

Quote Originally Posted by taltexan View Post
    I have emailed Abbott about the red flag issue but like you I have received nothing in the way of a response.
    Looks like the red flag law threat in Texas is dead.

https://www.bostonglobe.com/news/nat...pPO/story.html
    msgt/ret and taltexan like this.
    We get the government we deserve.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Sponsored Links