Expansion of Red Flag laws will lead to abuses. - Page 3

Expansion of Red Flag laws will lead to abuses.

This is a discussion on Expansion of Red Flag laws will lead to abuses. within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Hopefully the law will be enacted and abused. Then, the new Supreme Court can make ANY such laws illegal when the law is challenged. That ...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
Like Tree60Likes

Thread: Expansion of Red Flag laws will lead to abuses.

Hopefully the law will be enacted and abused. Then, the new Supreme Court can make ANY such laws illegal when the law is challenged. That would be great!! Shut’em down once and for all!

Quote Originally Posted by gasmitty View Post
    How about getting lawmaking out of the hands of the wrong people?
    ... and into whose?

Senior Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by frgood View Post
    ... and into whose?
    "The right people."

I would start with people who actually support the entire Constitution, not just the parts they like or agree with.
    I want lawmakers who take that elected position seriously as a duty to serve the entire constituency from which they were elected, not just the ones who voted for them.
    I want lawmakers who are more focused on the demands of their current elected position than using it as a stepping stone to power.

I think that would be a pretty good start.
    msgt/ret, BigJon10125 and TGbow like this.
    Smitty
    AZCDL Life Member
    NRA Patron Member
    NROI Chief Range Officer

4. Remove Advertisements
    DefensiveCarry.com
    Advertisements

would you vote for me, even if we did not agree on every piece of legislation ?

"The right people."

I would start with people who actually support the entire Constitution, not just the parts they like or agree with.
    I want lawmakers who take that elected position seriously as a duty to serve the entire constituency from which they were elected, not just the ones who voted for them.
    I want lawmakers who are more focused on the demands of their current elected position than using it as a stepping stone to power.

If only we had legislators that thought that way and voted that way on capital hill.
    That's exactly what we need in this country.
    Those that believe in the right to life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness.
    msgt/ret likes this.

Senior Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by frgood View Post
    would you vote for me, even if we did not agree on every piece of legislation ?
    Without knowing what you stand for, there is no way I can answer that question.

Are you asking if I'm a Democrat and you're a Republican, would I vote for you? Again, it depends on your positions on topics important to me. I am neither a party-line not a single-issue voter. And beyond your specific positions, it matters to me if you appear to be seeking office for your own gain rather than that of your constituents.
    msgt/ret likes this.
    Smitty
    AZCDL Life Member
    NRA Patron Member
    NROI Chief Range Officer

Liberals support the Constitution too. They just disagree on what it says.
    Retired USAF E-8. Curmudgeon on the loose.
    Lighten up and enjoy life because:
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your life it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... Buffalo Springfield - For What It's Worth

"The right people."

I want lawmakers who don't see the legislature as a career choice, or a stepping stone.
    gasmitty likes this.
    ~~~~~
    The only common sense gun legislation was written about 229 years ago.

I carry always not because I go places trouble is likely, but because trouble has a habit of not staying in its assigned zone.

Quote Originally Posted by sdprof View Post
    I want lawmakers who don't see the legislature as a career choice, or a stepping stone.
    Homeless derelicts don't typically run for office.
    There is a solution but we are not Jedi... not yet.
    Doghandler
    We have deep thinkers and stinkers in this group that could come up with a solution...
    welder516
    Buck the donkey

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Sponsored Links