A shooting...Florida gun laws a target now - Page 2

A shooting...Florida gun laws a target now

This is a discussion on A shooting...Florida gun laws a target now within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Originally Posted by Mike1956 National Reciprocity and the abolition of gun-free zones were promises made to all of us in exchange for our votes and ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Like Tree29Likes

Thread: A shooting...Florida gun laws a target now

Quote Originally Posted by Mike1956 View Post
    National Reciprocity and the abolition of gun-free zones were promises made to all of us in exchange for our votes and our support the last go-around. Coming up on the mid-terms and here we are. When confronted with those realities, the retort is something along the lines of "yeah, but imagine how things would be if the other side had won". Here in just a few days, we might not have to imagine anymore. The Dems have done a bang-up job of ginning up support this election cycle. The Republicans, not so much. JMO, of course...
    Agree that we were promised these things yet none were even put to a vote instead they offered Bumpstocks away. I don’t think this is simply about bumpstocks as we all know it’s a simply a way to get a new legal definition to later control other modifications. I just wish they would stand up and have a back bone I don’t care about party and the NRA shouldn’t either instead they should concentrate on spending out money to better out position which they’ve not done.
    Mike1956 likes this.

Ex Member
    I think more oppressive gun laws are almost inevitable. My perception of the inevitability stems from SCOTUS’ recent refusal to hear assault rifle bans in two states. It has apparenlty decided not to further define or clarify Heller, but instead to allow the states to make their own interpretations. Perhaps with Gorsuch and Kavanaugh o the Court now it will accept such cases in the future, but that is one big hope.

The most significant failure regarding gun rights for me personally is the failure to enact national reciprocity. With my PA resident and AZ non resident permits I can drive from PA to FL carrying in every state except MD, which I have to pass through. Going north is even worse. I have to deal with NJ and NY (the worst) and then CT and MA (bad).

I think McConnel dropped the ball on national reciprocity by not acting this year on the Senate Bill. He had an opportunity to get it attached to another bill and put red/purple state Democratic Senators running for election in a bind. JMO.

Distinguished Member Array Old Sarge's Avatar
    Your original source of information was The Daily Mail, in United Kingdom. By time the news gets across the pond, it is bound to be warped, just saying.

4. Remove Advertisements
    DefensiveCarry.com
    Advertisements

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Old Sarge View Post
    Your original source of information was The Daily Mail, in United Kingdom. By time the news gets across the pond, it is bound to be warped, just saying.
    With American MSM, it's usually warped by the time it gets across the street.
    "Stop being dangerous, and you become edible." William Aprill

"Slaves, enjoy your freedom." Chuck Klosterman

Ex Member
    Quote Originally Posted by CG11 View Post
    Another media pawn is born.
    I do not get your point. Since it followed my post#7 I guess it might be aimed at me. Correct or not? I am really curious.

In my post I was reporting statistics that indicate FL has a substantial mass shooting experience, and because of that I was glad my PA permit was good in FL I would feel a bit safer if I go there. I think statistics give insight into reality, and realistic appraisals are always good.

I just wanted to compare FL mass shootings with other states. I found the statistics here

From 1982 to 2018 CA has 18, FL had 10. My state of PA had 3. If you expand the stats you can see every state. I was surprised that CA and FL led the country.

Anyway, I am not a media pawn, but I am a statistics junkie.

Distinguished Member Array The Old Anglo's Avatar
    If Gillum is elected we in Florida will Lose our 2A Rights as he`s supported Bigtime by Soros and "Everytown" Bloomberg. Votes have Consequences!.
    OldVet and kmckinnon like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Nmuskier View Post
    Went up to the 2nd floor to murder two people in a yoga studio? Then took his own life when the act was completed? This looks personal.

One might say mental instability or acute depression was a factor.

My first thought as well. This was specific. If all he wanted to do was shoot someone he could have just stayed on the first floor and potentially have more targets. Since the deceased are both associated with FSU it wouldn't surprise me to find another link. I really think this was specific.
    Nmuskier likes this.
    Retired USAF
    I'm in favor of gun control -- I think every citizen should have control of a gun.
    1 Thess. 5:16-18

Quote Originally Posted by 1942bull View Post
    I do not get your point. Since it followed my post#7 I guess it might be aimed at me. Correct or not? I am really curious.

In my post I was reporting statistics that indicate FL has a substantial mass shooting experience, and because of that I was glad my PA permit was good in FL I would feel a bit safer if I go there. I think statistics give insight into reality, and realistic appraisals are always good.

I just wanted to compare FL mass shootings with other states. I found the statistics here

From 1982 to 2018 CA has 18, FL had 10. My state of PA had 3. If you expand the stats you can see every state. I was surprised that CA and FL led the country.

Anyway, I am not a media pawn, but I am a statistics junkie.

I honestly don't see where his post is aimed at you 1942bull, I just don't see it. I think he was just making a comment, a simple remark.
    Retired USAF
    I'm in favor of gun control -- I think every citizen should have control of a gun.
    1 Thess. 5:16-18

Distinguished Member Array patkelly4370's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by bigmacque View Post
    I honestly don't see where his post is aimed at you 1942bull, I just don't see it. I think he was just making a comment, a simple remark.
    My impression too

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Nmuskier View Post
    Went up to the 2nd floor to murder two people in a yoga studio?
    Is it time to ban yoga?

Quote Originally Posted by lchamp View Post
    Is it time to ban yoga?
    Just high capacity yoga pants. Nothing over size 8.
    lchamp and bigmacque like this.
    Psalm 144:1

Senior Moderator
    Yep AR 15s as well as firearms liberties are targets.

https://www.breitbart.com/2nd-amendm...ate-gun-sales/

I don't even care that much for AR 15s but wanna keep mine.

Vote!

Educate those around you!
    Charter Member of the DC .41 LC Society "Get heeled! No really"

“No possible rapidity of fire can atone for habitual carelessness of aim with the first shot.”

Theodore Roosevelt, The Wilderness Hunter, 1893

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Sponsored Links