Will The Bump Stock Ban Be Lifted? - Page 2

Will The Bump Stock Ban Be Lifted?

This is a discussion on Will The Bump Stock Ban Be Lifted? within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Originally Posted by NECCdude If Reagan hadn't signed the 1986 Hughes Amendment into law, we wouldn't even be discussing this. Seems politicians on both the ...

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast
Like Tree201Likes

Thread: Will The Bump Stock Ban Be Lifted?

Quote Originally Posted by NECCdude View Post
    If Reagan hadn't signed the 1986 Hughes Amendment into law, we wouldn't even be discussing this. Seems politicians on both the left and right can't simply accept that we have a second amendment and move on. Anyway, I wonder if this will make it to the SCOTUS. And the harassment of law abiding citizens continues.
    Both sides realize 2A is a threat to their power. The only difference is one doesn’t sugarcoat their agenda, while the other does. There are very few politicians who actually want anything other than power over the people.
    Bikenut, OldChap, Yogi223 and 4 others like this.
    We get the government we deserve.

Distinguished Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Kenny53 View Post
    As for the ban I still see bump stocks for sale in some on line classified ads. I saw one last week. It doesn't matter what language is used or isn't used they are still coming for our guns.
    Molon labe?
    OldChap likes this.
    "What country can preserve its liberties if its rulers are not warned from time to time that their people preserve the spirit of resistance? Let them take arms." - Thomas Jefferson

Member SAF, GOA, NFOA, USCCA

Quote Originally Posted by Havok View Post
    Both sides realize 2A is a threat to their power. The only difference is one doesn’t sugarcoat their agenda, while the other does. There are very few politicians who actually want anything other than power over the people.
    Very well said and it was were I was going. There are two sides and the Republicans ain't on our side.
    Audemus jura nostra defendere

SI VIS PACEM PARA BELLUM

4. Remove Advertisements
    DefensiveCarry.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Havok View Post
    I agree. It's why when "pro gun" politicians pretend to defend the 2nd Amendment it's almost always in the context of it being necessary for us peons to protect ourselves against burglars and carjackers, when it's primary purpose is so we can protect ourselves against them. Our prisons are packed full of people of higher moral integrity than those that occupy the halls of congress.
    "Some people go to bed with Lucifer..........then cry, cry, cry when they don't greet the day with God."

Distinguished Member Array Novarider's Avatar
    I'm not a conspiracy person but anyone else notice these mass shootings happen at exactly the right time to kill pro 2A bills? The hearing act was quickly headed in our favor then this shooting happens and Hillary Clinton tweets

"The crowd fled at the sound of gunshots.

Imagine the deaths if the shooter had a silencer, which the NRA wants to make easier to get."

Suddenly the bill died and may never get brought back.
    dp1911, OldChap and airslot like this.

On a side note: ever wonder if the phrase "conspiracy theorist" is used like the word "racist" in todays society for one to merely gain ground/win their side of the argument? Sure, conspiracy theorists and racism both exist, but the word rascist if often used on people who are not racist. I mean, just from the few posts here, and many many others onlne, people don't want to be called a conspiracy theorist nearly as bad as they don't want to be called racist.
    OldChap likes this.

It isn't a theory if it is fact.
    OldChap, Havok and airslot like this.
    Unfortunately there are many gun owners who will still shop at Wal Mart even though they know Wal Mart partnered with Everytown for Gun Safety just because it is convenient and they can save a few bucks.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by viney266 View Post
    The GOA getting the opposing Lawyer to engage on the issue was brilliant.

We all know the bump stock ban is a big joke. My worry is that it will become (as suggested above) a precedent for all kinds of other bans in the name of "safety".

And yes, why to this day do we have almost ZERO information about Vegas. I am not a tinfoil hat guy, but something sure stinks there.
    What @viney266 said. All the mainstream media claims are supposed to be accepted at face value, as decrees from .gov

And why WOULDN'T we believe them, just as we believe Comey, McCabe, Strozk, and anything from BATFE ?
    OldChap and airslot like this.
    - testing was halted after a brief kinetic episode -

DG
    As long as "studies" such as this one continue to be published, it will be an uphill battle.

https://www.vox.com/2019/3/8/1825462...nce-laws-study

The study itself points out that there may be other factors involved in mass shootings, but that's not where the emphasis is placed. Instead, it's carefully crafted to promote more gun restrictions.

Quote Originally Posted by johndp1911 View Post
    On a side note: ever wonder if the phrase "conspiracy theorist" is used like the word "racist" in todays society for one to merely gain ground/win their side of the argument? Sure, conspiracy theorists and racism both exist, but the word rascist if often used on people who are not racist. I mean, just from the few posts here, and many many others onlne, people don't want to be called a conspiracy theorist nearly as bad as they don't want to be called racist.
    A long time ago, in a nation now far, far away, there was an old saying, "Sticks and stones may break my bones, but words will never hurt me."

I am well beyond the reach of mere words to define me. I will be remembered by my actions, not by what someone calls me. Of course, it goes without saying that the current generation flees to their safe space and soaks a crying towel whenever someone "labels" them. Poor Babies.

But "conspiracy theorist" is actually a good label. Our detectives used theories about people conspiring to commit murder all the time. And anyone who knows anything about our government lately, knows that there are politicians who regularly conspire to commit whatever crimes they think they can get away with. And some even go to great lengths to "erase" any links to such conspiracies.

It follows that being a "conspiracy theorist" is actually a very healthy occupation for a citizen of the republic.
    wmhawth, dp1911, Bikenut and 2 others like this.
    "The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has limits."

"What country can preserve its liberties if its rulers are not warned from time to time that their people preserve the spirit of resistance? Let them take arms." - Thomas Jefferson

Distinguished Member Array Novarider's Avatar
    That's because "conspiracy theorists" are usually pretty crazy. Like the government putting microchips in babies brains crazy.

I don't generally believe in conspiracies so I said I'm not a conspiracy person. There are a couple "stories" I don't believe, like the single shooter/magic bullet Kennedy assassination and these mass shootings just happening at the exact right time to push the anti gun agenda. That's about it tho.

Quote Originally Posted by Novarider View Post
    That's because "conspiracy theorists" are usually pretty crazy. Like the government putting microchips in babies brains crazy.

I don't generally believe in conspiracies so I said I'm not a conspiracy person. There are a couple "stories" I don't believe, like the single shooter/magic bullet Kennedy assassination and these mass shootings just happening at the exact right time to push the anti gun agenda. That's about it tho.
    When you get around organized crime and organized criminals, you'll soon learn that much of what takes place in the world of crime is a conspiracy. There are crazy people in every walk of life. Some chase ghosts, others chase Bigfoot with cameras whose lenses have been smeared with Vaseline. But there really are a lot of people who spend a lot of time unraveling some truly unbelievable conspiracies. You have to be a little mad to devote that much time to one, but many times these folks prove to be pure geniuses.
    PhaedrusIV and airslot like this.
    "The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has limits."

Probably so, but in my experience, “conspiracy theory” is just something people who are willfully ignorant choose to say when it makes their life easier to believe something isn’t real.
    OldChap and Bikenut like this.

Distinguished Member Array viney266's Avatar
    The problem with all the info on Vegas and why I become a "conspiracy theorist" over time.

1. One day I am told it was an ad hock door buster team that didn't know each other.

2. Two weeks later I listen to teams breaching the door with explosives...professional teams/

3. The earliest audio of the "entry" has gunfire in it...Gun fire on a man who was already dead?

4. The later same entry videos contain ZERO sounds of gunfire.

I get it, I am friends with several people that did tactical entry work, both for state police and military work. I know how it works, but why BS the American people? Do they not think we will notice the .300BLK ammo on the floor in the early pics of the room? <sigh>...removing tin hat and getting dinner now.
    Proud NRA Benefactor member, My wife, daughter and son are all life members.
    Gun carry permits and the 2nd amendment only confirm what is a God given right to protect ones life and the lives of loved ones from evil.
    Speed is only a matter of money. How fast do you want to go?

Quote Originally Posted by PhaedrusIV View Post
    What @viney266 said. All the mainstream media claims are supposed to be accepted at face value, as decrees from .gov

And why WOULDN'T we believe them, just as we believe Comey, McCabe, Strozk, and anything from BATFE ?
    Things I trust more than our government:
    1- Mexican tap water
    2- an elevator ride with Ray Rice
    3- Michael Jackson’s doctor
    4- drinks mixed by Bill cosby
    5- Rich Nigerians who want to share their wealth.
    The list goes on...

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Sponsored Links