Why They Don't Want Us Reading the New Zealand Shooter's Manifesto - Page 2

Why They Don't Want Us Reading the New Zealand Shooter's Manifesto

This is a discussion on Why They Don't Want Us Reading the New Zealand Shooter's Manifesto within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Originally Posted by gasmitty So does this guy hate the US more than he hates Muslims? I think he hated everyone....

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree135Likes

Thread: Why They Don't Want Us Reading the New Zealand Shooter's Manifesto

Quote Originally Posted by gasmitty View Post
    So does this guy hate the US more than he hates Muslims?
    I think he hated everyone.
    Bad Bob and msgt/ret like this.
    We get the government we deserve.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by viney266 View Post
    I wish I had downloaded a copy to read before it dried up. Amazing how this guy has just disappeared. And the lengths they are going to to do it.
    It can easily be found by searching for the great replacement PDF.
    viney266 likes this.
    "Stop being dangerous, and you become edible." William Aprill

"Slaves, enjoy your freedom." Chuck Klosterman

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Libertywheel View Post
    You keep a lid on his name and manifesto to stop these ego driven acts of evil. It is clearly not access to guns that has increased the rate of these acts of evil. It is the coverage and “fame” attributed to these evil acts that brings on more.
    It's impossible to keep a lid on much of anything that happens publicly in the age of the internet and social media, try as they might.
    viney266 likes this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    DefensiveCarry.com
    Advertisements

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by gasmitty View Post
    So does this guy hate the US more than he hates Muslims?
    His agenda appears to be driven by much more than simple hatred. As with any extremist manifesto, simple truths are mixed with falsehoods, and extreme "solutions".
    maxwell97 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike1956 View Post
    It's impossible to keep a lid on much of anything that happens publicly in the age of the internet and social media, try as they might.
    It’s the guns that get blamed instead of the “fame” achieved. So maybe we need to try harder. Mirrors up.
    Doing my best to stay left of boom.

VIP Member
    It’s the guns that get blamed instead of the “fame” achieved. So maybe we need to try harder. Mirrors up.
    How about if everyone just quits trying to hide the truth in an attempt to re-forge facts to fit on the storyboard?

Distinguished Member Array 19Kvet's Avatar
    On one hand, knowing this guys motivation may have some benefits however crazy he is.

On the other hand, the price others paid to publicize this manifesto should not be accepted as payment- that is, we cannot allow someone to purchase distribution of their rantings with the blood of others.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by 19Kvet View Post
    On one hand, knowing this guys motivation may have some benefits however crazy he is.

On the other hand, the price others paid to publicize this manifesto should not be accepted as payment- that is, we cannot allow someone to purchase distribution of their rantings with the blood of others.
    This guy isn't crazy, at least based on anything I've heard or read. The idea that we can allow or disallow his actions, otoh...
    viney266 likes this.

VIP Member Array ColoradoDiablo's Avatar
    I don't agree with his writings or his motivation but I would fight for his right to say and believe vile thoughts. Government / law enforcement should only be able to step in when one begins the chain to take action on their vile thoughts.
    graydude and Merovius like this.
    U.S. Army, Retired (1986 to 2014)
    Life Member, Veterans of Foreign Wars

Senior Member Array CommonCents's Avatar
    You keep a lid on his name and manifesto to stop these ego driven acts of evil. It is clearly not access to guns that has increased the rate of these acts of evil. It is the coverage and “fame” attributed to these evil acts that brings on more.
    I agree in general, but the propaganda media and leftists will spread any anti 2A, Anti Trump BS far and wide to the ends of the earth non stop if they believe any news will advance their agenda. They'll quash most anything that is anti agenda.
    Mike1956, matthew03 and Merovius like this.

Quote Originally Posted by 19Kvet View Post

The manifesto was published as soon as he posted / emailed it. The acts occurred afterwards. Had he been unsuccessful the manifesto would still have been published and available....only fewer would be inclined to read it.

Freedom is not neat and it is not tidy. Freedom is rough and not for the faint at heart. Freedom demands we do everything but limit his vile speech (until it turns to action and then we address the action and not the speech).

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ColoradoDiablo View Post
    I don't agree with his writings or his motivation but I would fight for his right to say and believe vile thoughts. Government / law enforcement should only be able to step in when one begins the chain to take action on their vile thoughts.
    I believe humans in general have the right to know the thoughts of those whose actions affect society.

I believe humans in general have the right to know the thoughts of those whose actions affect society.
    We are in agreement. My point is when speech becomes action, society should step in to blunt the action.
    Mike1956, matthew03 and Merovius like this.

His agenda appears to be driven by much more than simple hatred. As with any extremist manifesto, simple truths are mixed with falsehoods, and extreme "solutions".
    Like other demagogues, he's adept at pointing out real social problems, and then making his insane vision seem like the reasonable approach to solving them.
    Merovius likes this.
    "Lots of ways to help people. Sometimes heal patients; sometimes shoot dangerous people. Either way helps."
    - Dr. Mordin Solus

Distinguished Member Array NECCdude's Avatar
    It seems to me that governments can implement all the preventive laws they want but it's obvious that it isn't going to stop someone that intends to do harm. This murderer had mentioned other options than guns. Can't ban everything. Can't reasonably require a license for anything that can be used as a weapon either.
    Instymp and Merovius like this.
    Member NRA, SAF, GOA, NFOA, USCCA

Microwave radio technicians are fully deviated.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Sponsored Links