politicians misunderstanding about the 2A

This is a discussion on politicians misunderstanding about the 2A within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; https://bearingarms.com/tom-k/2019/0...ond-amendment/ It's not just Swalwell or liberals, in general, that infringe on the 2A. Even Conservatives. When does it become infringement? Who knows? That's why ...

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree82Likes

Thread: politicians misunderstanding about the 2A

Distinguished Member Array NECCdude's Avatar

https://bearingarms.com/tom-k/2019/0...ond-amendment/

It's not just Swalwell or liberals, in general, that infringe on the 2A. Even Conservatives. When does it become infringement? Who knows? That's why I say that the 2A should be an absolute right. Obviously, some people are going to murder someone with or without guns. And, obviously, there are legal consequences for doing so. So why tell law abiding people that they can't have a machine gun because of a very few people that do evil? I suppose if I had the money to buy my own tank I might buy one. I have to draw the limit at WMD though - way too risky.
    Member NRA, SAF, GOA, NFOA, USCCA

Microwave radio technicians are fully deviated.

“Logic is the beginning of wisdom, not the end.” - Spock - Star Trek VI : The Undiscovered Country

VIP Member
    Like it or not, most politicians either do not care about the Second Amendment, or simply use it as a lever to gain votes from those who either love it or hate it.
    "Stop being dangerous, and you become edible." William Aprill

It's all about control--of anything and everything. Politicians will not give up trying to get control until SCOTUS slaps them down. Then the politicians will regroup and attack it from a different direction. Meanwhile, SCOTUS is busy deciding if a cake decorator has the right to make or not make a cake. There are priorities, after all.
    Retired USAF E-8. Curmudgeon on the loose.
    Lighten up and enjoy life because:
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your life it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... Buffalo Springfield - For What It's Worth

4. Remove Advertisements
    DefensiveCarry.com
    Advertisements

VIP Member
    Politicians only care about the things which they can use to gain more control. The days of public service meaning what it says are long gone.
    So who is this Will that everybody fires at, what did he do, and how come he's not dead yet??

Hard to force your will on a population that can defend itself.
    https://www.facebook.com/Appalachian...125519/?ref=hl
    I don't train to fight some street urchin, I train to fight the evil version of myself, and that person scares me, because I know the time I put into my training on how to beat him.

Distinguished Member Array NECCdude's Avatar
    Well, if we can't stop the infringements then let's just give up and turn them in. From the comments I've seen, it's just a matter of time before they repeal the 2A.
    CWOUSCG likes this.
    Member NRA, SAF, GOA, NFOA, USCCA

Microwave radio technicians are fully deviated.

“Logic is the beginning of wisdom, not the end.” - Spock - Star Trek VI : The Undiscovered Country

Quote Originally Posted by Mike1956 View Post
    Like it or not, most politicians either do not care about the Second Amendment, or simply use it as a lever to gain votes from those who either love it or hate it.
    Most is correct in my opinion.
    Mike1956 and airslot like this.

Quote Originally Posted by matthew03 View Post
    Hard to force your will on a population that can defend itself.
    Unfortunately, the "defense" will be the individual against SWAT and its backups. Until the resistance approaches something like that of the Bundy cattlemen versus BLM a few years back, the "will" will continue to be forced.
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your life it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... Buffalo Springfield - For What It's Worth

If people can make 500-800 yard shots, Could get interesting ; )
    H/D
    A Native Floridian = RARE

IT'S OUR RIGHTS>THEY WANT TO WRONG
    H/D

Quote Originally Posted by NECCdude View Post
    Well, if we can't stop the infringements then let's just give up and turn them in. From the comments I've seen, it's just a matter of time before they repeal the 2A.
    Fair warning. The following is a bit of a rant.

From the comments I've seen from gun owners on many gun forums and in real life for quite some time I suspect entirely too many gun owners/carriers would loudly whine and complain as they lined up to turn their guns in. And after turning them in they would wonder how things got to that point blaming anti gunners and politicians never understanding the blame lies squarely on themselves for not standing up in a meaningful way right now.

What is a "meaningful way"? Letters, especially emails, do not make much of an impact on a politician unless there are thousands of them that are individually written and not just form letters but a few individuals politely meeting with them face to face in their office shows determination. Attending local board meetings shows resolve. Putting personal time and money into organizations that fight for the right to bear arms instead of supporting more government control by begging for even more government permission to be allowed to carry a gun like national reciprocity.

And if a person really believes in the right to bear arms then now is the time to walk the walk and not be afraid someone might find out or ashamed if they do find out. Because if we all don't stand up complaining online is all that will be left. These new red flag laws that bypass due process show we are closer than ever to the end of having the freedom to exercise the right to keep and bear arms.

And we have no one to blame for being so close to the end except ourselves.

“Some people make things happen. Some people watch things happen. And then there are those who wonder, 'What the hell just happened?”

― Carroll Bryant

I would add there is another group of people..... those who think someone else should do all the work to make it happen while they don't get involved.

We all get to choose which of those kinds of people we will be.

End rant.
    Character is doing the right thing when nobody's looking. There are too many people who think that the only thing that's right is to get by, and the only thing that's wrong is to get caught. ~J.C. Watts

Too many people, when given an inch, start thinking they are rulers.

Quote Originally Posted by NECCdude View Post
    I agree, too many fuds running around. Some on here too. (Thinking of bump stocks )
    matthew03, NECCdude and Bikenut like this.

Sister says "There are Angels walking among us. If they're mean they're not Angels and you can shoot them"

Black Rifles Matter

Quote Originally Posted by OldVet View Post
    Unfortunately, the "defense" will be the individual against SWAT and its backups. Until the resistance approaches something like that of the Bundy cattlemen versus BLM a few years back, the "will" will continue to be forced.
    Yes, but bodies piling up after nightly raids will sway the populace. Keeping your freedom is often bloody and there will be losses on every side, would you rather just give up?
    The Old Anglo likes this.
    I don't train to fight some street urchin, I train to fight the evil version of myself, and that person scares me, because I know the time I put into my training on how to beat him.

Quote Originally Posted by matthew03 View Post
    Yes, but bodies piling up after nightly raids will sway the populace. Keeping your freedom is often bloody and there will be losses on every side, would you rather just give up?
    No, but I'd rather not be in the pile. You go first!
    The Old Anglo likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by OldVet View Post
    No, but I'd rather not be in the pile. You go first!
    I probably don't have a choice. I am probably already on someone's list.
    ColoradoDiablo and OldVet like this.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Sponsored Links