Those who wrote the Second Amendment

This is a discussion on Those who wrote the Second Amendment within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Paraphrased from a publication by others (not my original thought, but one I wish I had come up with): Those who wrote the Second Amendment ...

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree84Likes

Thread: Those who wrote the Second Amendment

Paraphrased from a publication by others (not my original thought, but one I wish I had come up with):

Those who wrote the Second Amendment had not just come home from a hunting trip. They had just finished liberating a new nation.

The 2nd Amendment was not and never will be about hunting.
    When you have to shoot, shoot. Don't talk.
    "Don't forget, incoming fire has the right of way."
    A 9MM MAY expand to .45 but a 45ACP will never shrink to 9MM.

Senior Moderator
    The only hunting associated with 2A, is the hunting by liberals looking for a way to get rid of it.
    flh, msgt/ret, airslot and 11 others like this.
    Proverbs 27:12 says: “The prudent see danger and take refuge, but the simple keep going and suffer for it.”

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member

4. Remove Advertisements
    DefensiveCarry.com
    Advertisements

Distinguished Member Array The Old Anglo's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by RETSUPT99 View Post
    The only hunting associated with 2A, is the hunting by liberals looking for a way to get rid of it.
    And they Need to forget about trying that!!!.
    Cnon likes this.

"Those who wrote the Second Amendment had not just come home from a hunting trip. They had just finished liberating a new nation."

That pretty much says it all. It amuses me at all the "interpretations" that can be arrived at from such a simple concept as freedom and independence.
    DZUS, Instymp, ButtShot14 and 5 others like this.
    Retired USAF E-8. Curmudgeon on the loose.
    Lighten up and enjoy life because:
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your life it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... Buffalo Springfield - For What It's Worth

Those who wrote the Second Amendment-grammar.jpg
    goldshellback and DZUS like this.
    Second Amendment: The difference between politicians and rulers.
    US Navy - US Army, Retired
    NRA Benefactor Life Member

Quote Originally Posted by LimaCharlie View Post
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Grammar.jpg 
Views:	11 
Size:	69.5 KB 
ID:	295140
    I was going to go with no one but then Hillary come to mind. I say "everyone"!
    Retired USAF E-8. Curmudgeon on the loose.
    Lighten up and enjoy life because:
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your life it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... Buffalo Springfield - For What It's Worth

I don't believe the 2nd Amendment is even about guns. It is about Arms, guns are just the latest developement in Arms to use in battle/self defense. Someday that too will evolve.
    In my opinion Arms is "code" recognizing that a citizen, it would be nice if it could be expanded world wide to human beings but tyrants and kings won't allow their subjects this and very few have the will and/or means to acquire it one reason why the USA is different and Americans were a threat to the World Order, MUST stand free and independent. And then independently form a community and thus the need to protect that community and the individual.
    The Progressives, Tyrants, Kings and Despos can never allow such a thing as they then have no control.
    I just read Ben Shapiro's book "The Right Side of History" and it is an attempt to explain what the Progressives are up to, why and how. It is a good read, though a bit technical at times.
    Bad Bob and Instymp like this.

Quote Originally Posted by pskys2 View Post
    I don't believe the 2nd Amendment is even about guns. It is about Arms, guns are just the latest developement in Arms to use in battle/self defense. Someday that too will evolve.
    In my opinion Arms is "code" recognizing that a citizen, it would be nice if it could be expanded world wide to human beings but tyrants and kings won't allow their subjects this and very few have the will and/or means to acquire it one reason why the USA is different and Americans were a threat to the World Order, MUST stand free and independent. And then independently form a community and thus the need to protect that community and the individual.
    The Progressives, Tyrants, Kings and Despos can never allow such a thing as they then have no control.
    I just read Ben Shapiro's book "The Right Side of History" and it is an attempt to explain what the Progressives are up to, why and how. It is a good read, though a bit technical at times.
    When it was written there were privatly owned warships.
    A man has got to know his limitations.

In a world of snowflakes, be a torch.

Quote Originally Posted by Bad Bob View Post
    When it was written there were privatly owned warships.
    You can't "bear" a warship, so probably not what the Founding Fathers were thinking about...

(Although it would be fun to have a torpedo tube or two on your bass boat...)

Quote Originally Posted by danco View Post
    You can't "bear" a warship, so probably not what the Founding Fathers were thinking about...

(Although it would be fun to have a torpedo tube or two on your bass boat...)
    At the time of the drafting of the Bill of Rights, the word "arms", as in the context of the Second Amendment, meant a weapon capable of being carrying "on or about the person" and we know this because the word "bear" also appears in this amendment as a verb with arms as its object. A general more widespread use of "arms" outside of the 2A context would mean any weapon capable of being brought to bear in one's defense, the "one's" here also referring to a nation.
    msgt/ret, Snub44, Instymp and 1 others like this.
    In the final seconds of your life, just before your killer is about to dispatch you to that great eternal darkness, what would you rather have in your hand? A cell phone or a gun?

America First!

Quote Originally Posted by OldVet View Post
    "Those who wrote the Second Amendment had not just come home from a hunting trip. They had just finished liberating a new nation."

That pretty much says it all. It amuses me at all the "interpretations" that can be arrived at from such a simple concept as freedom and independence.
    You're right on about this.
    Cnon likes this.
    In the final seconds of your life, just before your killer is about to dispatch you to that great eternal darkness, what would you rather have in your hand? A cell phone or a gun?

America First!

our mistake is thinking they actually believe it’s about hunting.
    Bikenut likes this.
    We get the government we deserve.

Quote Originally Posted by OldVet View Post
    I was going to go with no one but then Hillary come to mind. I say "everyone"!
    Whoever tailors her pantsuits doesn't get paid enough.
    Psalm 144:1

VIP Member
    Go back in time and offer George Washington an AR-15 and I guarantee he wouldn't say, "no I only meant muskets"

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Sponsored Links