N.R.A. Suspends Second-in-Command - Page 3

N.R.A. Suspends Second-in-Command

This is a discussion on N.R.A. Suspends Second-in-Command within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Well, soap operas are are out of style but this is a good one, regardless....

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
Like Tree85Likes

Thread: N.R.A. Suspends Second-in-Command

Well, soap operas are are out of style but this is a good one, regardless.
    PhaedrusIV likes this.
    There is a solution but we are not Jedi... not yet.
    Doghandler
    We have deep thinkers and stinkers in this group that could come up with a solution...
    welder516
    Buck the donkey

Quote Originally Posted by maxwell97 View Post
    Then those people would take off the stickers and stop being members. I’m not sure how that would help.

As it is, I’m waiting to renew my membership until I figure out what’s actually happening here. Instead I may make a donation to NRA-ILA. But I have no issues with the positions the NRA has taken, and I think it’s important to distinguish between concern for dubious financial practices, and distaste for their approach to particular issues.
    So you support background checks, the NFA, banning machine guns, and all of that?

Quote Originally Posted by Chuck808 View Post
    So you support background checks, the NFA, banning machine guns, and all of that?
    Nope, but I recognize there are some battles that can be won right now, and some that can’t, and the NRA has been good in sorting them out.
    "Lots of ways to help people. Sometimes heal patients; sometimes shoot dangerous people. Either way helps."
    - Dr. Mordin Solus

4. Remove Advertisements
    DefensiveCarry.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by maxwell97 View Post
    Nope, but I recognize there are some battles that can be won right now, and some that can’t, and the NRA has been good in sorting them out.
    My point is support for all of those things IS the official NRA stance. Not only that, they had their hands on creating those bills.
    Havok likes this.

VIP Member
    For the love of God, let's not turn this into another "The NRA sucks" thread and get the thread locked again.
    graydude likes this.

Distinguished Member Array StripesDude's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ThirdShift View Post
    For the love of God, let's not turn this into another "The NRA sucks" thread and get the thread locked again.
    I think a lot of people have legitimate gripes. Collectively we’ve put a lot of money into an organization which at the moment seems to be imploding from chronic mismanagement. Over on the TX specific forum, which is run by one of the NRA’s leaders, they’ve (meaning he has) put a halt to anything remotely critical, whether or not it’s factual and truthful. This is typical of how heavy handed they are in moderating what he deems appropriate.

I appreciate DC’s allowing of us to vent and discuss what comes next for the NRA. If this is the largest and most prominent 2A lobbying group we have to help us fend off attacks on our rights, then there are a lot of changes that need to be made.

For starters, no organization should have a board the size of the NRA. Look at the absenteeism for votes. It’s a joke.

Second, they couldn’t have done a worse job with public relations over the past six months. It’s like they’ve done opposite of what any PR agency worth their salt would recommend. Wayne’s lavish spending, Ollie’s ousting, this latest nonsense with their attorney. And all of it’s being aired in public. Whether we’re being fed lies or not, they’ve failed at every step to get in front of it.

Third, they’ve not towed the line of “no budging” when it comes to 2A. Bump stocks is only one example. You don’t negotiate by offering concessions when emotions are high.

I’m not happy the investments I’ve made in the NRA are seemingly being managed by an organization in disarray. Only time will tell if they’re able to right the ship, clean house and get people in there who understand what their dues paying members want.
    Havok, Mike1956, airslot and 1 others like this.

Quote Originally Posted by CWOUSCG View Post
    I joined the NRA back in the 70s when I was 18 or 19, earned multiple belt buckles signing up people. Pepe LaPierre is the reason I quit the NRA way back in the 90s. Sounds like he's gotten worse.

Note: Last year after the big hoopla about the NRA Sister and I signed up just to keep the antis from winning, we let the memberships expire. If Pepe ever leaves I may come back.
    ^^^ I really hop WLP and his buddies read this and realize this is going on everywhere. I am still in, but they MUST be noticing their numbers falling. The best thing Wayne could do for the NRA is resign.
    airslot and CWOUSCG like this.
    Proud NRA Benefactor member
    Gun carry permits and the 2nd amendment only confirm what is a God given right to protect ones life and the lives of loved ones from evil.
    Speed is only a matter of money. How fast do you want to go?

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Sponsored Links