N.R.A. Suspends Second-in-Command

This is a discussion on N.R.A. Suspends Second-in-Command within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; More blood in the water , more sharks are circling... Christopher W. Cox, who leads the N.R.A.ís lobbying arm, is accused of participating in the ...

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree85Likes

Thread: N.R.A. Suspends Second-in-Command

More blood in the water , more sharks are circling...

Christopher W. Cox, who leads the N.R.A.ís lobbying arm, is accused of participating in the recent failed attempt to oust the gun groupís leader.

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/06/20/u...chris-cox.html
    gatorbait51 likes this.

Go Pack Go

Don't try to get into my head there's barely enough room for me in there .

Sonic .

Distinguished Member
    I am curious as to who the survivors will be. Wayne LaPierre likely will still be at the top of the pile.
    gatorbait51 and baren like this.

Quote Originally Posted by flh View Post
    More blood in the water , more sharks are circling...
    Feeding frenzy amongst themselves. And the libs chant, "Hallelujah!"
    Retired USAF E-8. Curmudgeon on the loose.
    Lighten up and enjoy life because:
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your life it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... Buffalo Springfield - For What It's Worth

4. Remove Advertisements
    DefensiveCarry.com
    Advertisements

Distinguished Member
    Really don't care which life-tenure bureaucrat keeps pulling down their obscene salary.
    matthew03 likes this.
    NRA Life Member - Member GA Carry Organization

VIP Member
    Are they going to suspend all of us who have called for LaPierre's retirement?
    OD*, airslot, Havok and 6 others like this.
    "Stop being dangerous, and you become edible." William Aprill

Distinguished Member
    Soap opera. LaPiere helps North get $$ from Ackerman. north as president wants to unseat LaPierre and replacemhim which whom? Cox aspires to LaPierreís job. Done North want that job or does he want Cox to get it? Everyone denies culpability and the lawsuits begin, and some of the dirt comes out of a dirty fabric, but makes some faces dirty. Letís do TV.

My favorite line in the story is the quote from the NRA.
    Simply put, the N.R.A. exists to fight for the Second Amendment,Ē the group said in its latest suit, ďnot pay other peopleís bills.Ē
    Well NRA if you had concentrated on doing your job and not corporate intrigue, rivalry and deceit you would not have those legal bills for the folks you promised to defend. So such up and pay up because you foolishly committed to do it.
    matthew03 likes this.

VIP Member
    Ouch. Wayne still needs to go. He appears to be the lightening rod in all of this mess. They are probably overdue for a house cleaning anyway.
    "The best we can hope for concerning the people at large is that they be properly armed." Alexander Hamilton

Patron Life Member NRA
    SAF - CCRKBA
    NAGR / GOA
    TFA-LAC / Save the 2A
    Handgunlaw.us Donor

I don't take any joy in any of this. The board needs to clean up this mess and get on with the business of protecting the 2A.
    mbschne, 10thmtn, TimBob and 10 others like this.
    If something is important enough, you will find a way. If it's not, you will find an excuse.
    Every man dies, but not every man truly lives.
    If you are asked to be the hero, be the hero.

Iíll care about the NRA when they show themselves to be a no compromise gun rights organization. I want a gun rights organization that even your average pro-gun guy would call extremist/fundamentalist. Until half of the people with NRA stickers on their back window think the policies are too extreme and pro-gun, Iím not interested.
    TimBob, simple_man17 and Obiwan like this.

Distinguished Member Array StripesDude's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Old Man View Post
    I am curious as to who the survivors will be. Wayne LaPierre likely will still be at the top of the pile.
    And heíll be dressed quite well. Iím done with them. Money will be spent supporting organizations who donít let their CEO shop for company paid suits on Savile Row.
    Hatchee and simple_man17 like this.

VIP Member
    Not only did they suspend Chris, But they also suspend Scott Christman, Chris Cox's second in command. Both Chris and Scott are a big loss.

VIP Member
    The reason this happen is far deeper than most know.

Chris Cox, has never been an AckMack guy. NRA needs to money, NRA-ILA is a different organization, now with Chris out of the way NRA can use the money that is donated to ILA that is used to fight for our rights, to pay the bills and get out of the this AckMack mess. This is bad.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Rob99VMI04 View Post
    Chris Cox, has never been an AckMack guy. NRA needs to money, NRA-ILA is a different organization, now with Chris out of the way NRA can use the money that is donated to ILA that is used to fight for our rights, to pay the bills and get out of the this AckMack mess. This is bad.
    Legally no it can't. Not even a little bit.
    gatorbait51 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by ThirdShift View Post
    Legally no it can't. Not even a little bit.
    Legally, you're right, but there is a lot of misuse of funds both in nonprofits generally and lobbying in particular. This is especially true when the chief executive controls the board, rather than the other way around.
    PhaedrusIV, viney266 and 10thmtn like this.
    Attack Squadron 65 "Tigers", USS Eisenhower '80 - '83, peackeeping w/Iran, Libya, Lebanon and E. Europe

Quote Originally Posted by Chuck808 View Post
    Iíll care about the NRA when they show themselves to be a no compromise gun rights organization. I want a gun rights organization that even your average pro-gun guy would call extremist/fundamentalist. Until half of the people with NRA stickers on their back window think the policies are too extreme and pro-gun, Iím not interested.
    Then those people would take off the stickers and stop being members. Iím not sure how that would help.

As it is, Iím waiting to renew my membership until I figure out whatís actually happening here. Instead I may make a donation to NRA-ILA. But I have no issues with the positions the NRA has taken, and I think itís important to distinguish between concern for dubious financial practices, and distaste for their approach to particular issues.
    "Lots of ways to help people. Sometimes heal patients; sometimes shoot dangerous people. Either way helps."
    - Dr. Mordin Solus

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Sponsored Links