We all knew this was inevitable... - Page 2

We all knew this was inevitable...

This is a discussion on We all knew this was inevitable... within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Menendez is what needs to be silenced AND suppressed....

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree143Likes

Thread: We all knew this was inevitable...

Senior Moderator
    Menendez is what needs to be silenced AND suppressed.
    Smitty
    AZCDL Life Member
    NRA Patron Member
    NROI Chief Range Officer

Quote Originally Posted by gasmitty View Post
    Menendez is what needs to be silenced AND suppressed.
    Everyone hit their Menendez Ignore button!
    G26Raven, airslot and NECCdude like this.
    Retired USAF E-8. Curmudgeon on the loose.
    Lighten up and enjoy life because:
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your life it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... Buffalo Springfield - For What It's Worth

Quote Originally Posted by OldVet View Post
    Everyone hit their Menendez Ignore button!
    I'd prefer an elimination button.
    G26Raven likes this.
    MY RIGHTS DON'T END WHERE YOUR FEELINGS BEGIN

The situation will NEVER BE THE WAY YOU WANT, it WILL BE THE WAY IT IS. You must be FLEXIBLE ENOUGH TO ADAPT and just "DEAL WITH IT".

4. Remove Advertisements
    DefensiveCarry.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by HotBrass45 View Post
    The only thing Bob Menendez wants silenced are underage hookers in the Dominican Republic.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bozz10mm View Post
    Once again they are trying to punish all those who didn't do anything wrong. I wonder if the buy back would include a refund of the $200 stamp? Or has he even thought of that.
    Yep, Liberalism has no boundaries when it comes to stupidity

Quote Originally Posted by G26Raven View Post
    You knew suppressors make firearms really dangerous, didn't you? Well, if you didn't, Senator Menendez is about to school you....

Senator Menendez to Introduce Legislation to Ban Silencers

On Friday, New Jersey Senator Bob Menendez, joined by members of Moms Demand Action, Everytown for Gun Safety, and Students Demand Action, held a press conference in Trenton to unveil a new piece of legislation called the Help Empowered Americans Response Act (HEAR Act), which he will be introducing when the Senate reconvenes on Monday.

As the bill has not yet been formally introduced and the text is not currently available, the exact provisions are unknown. However, from the press conference and press release, Senator Menendez is representing that that bill, if passed, would 1) ban the importation, sale, manufacture, transfer or possession of silencers, 2) authorize a buyback program using federal Byrne JAG grants, 3) provide a 90-day grace period for individuals to comply with the ban, and 4) “[p]rovide limited exceptions for certain current and former law enforcement personnel, for certain Atomic Energy personnel and purpose, and for certain authorized testing or experimentation.”

https://www.recoilweb.com/senator-me...VoNC1hVfRlZkg8
    Well now; That'll save lives. More of that meaningful common sense gun regulation.
    G26Raven and airslot like this.

Would they get a buyback I dont think it would work ..Silencer are the most populare NFA iteam so a lot of them ..Also the records for them are all on paper in most cases so that would be fun ..

But would they try for a may 86 ..That is the bigger worry ie like full auto after x date silencer may no longer be allowed to be formed by civilains ... And seeing as the pres has not been a big fan of them ...That is the bigger worry ..Dont forgtet regan banned full auto and he was a "pro gun" rep
    G26Raven, airslot and Havok like this.
    “Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.” H.L. Mencken
    "Vous ne les laisserez pas passer, mes camarades"
    "We're surrounded. That simplifies our problem of getting to these people and killing them."Chesty Puller

Mandatory buy backs (confiscation) will be easy to enforce, what with registration already on file.
    airslot and G26Raven like this.
    Psalm 144:1

Distinguished Member Array RedSafety's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Havok View Post
    so in order to own a suppressor, I have to bribe the government with $200 to not get in trouble for owning it, now he wants to buy it back from me with my own money? Lol. This doesn’t surprise me coming from him.
    No! No! He said "silencers" not suppressors. Since we all know there's not such thing, outside of Hollywood, of a silencer, this bill will have no effect.
    Havok, G26Raven and Nmuskier like this.
    When seconds count, help is only 18+ minutes away!

Quote Originally Posted by RedSafety View Post
    No! No! He said "silencers" not suppressors. Since we all know there's not such thing, outside of Hollywood, of a silencer, this bill will have no effect.
    Accurate or not, the BATFE officially classified them as silencers unfortunately.
    We get the government we deserve.

Reality is what the courts say it is.
    There is a solution but we are not Jedi... not yet.
    Doghandler
    We have deep thinkers and stinkers in this group that could come up with a solution...
    welder516
    Buck the donkey

Distinguished Member
    Exposed it to us, but they have been repeating this stuff for many years. When they have the louder voice, eventually more and more people start to believe it.

I guess I should add oil filters to my list of things to invest in.
    Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't the adapter for attaching the oil filter to the firearm regulated by the NFA also? I saw a video once that stated that you'll need a tax stamp for the adapter.
    airslot likes this.
    "What country can preserve its liberties if its rulers are not warned from time to time that their people preserve the spirit of resistance? Let them take arms." - Thomas Jefferson

Member SAF, GOA, NFOA, USCCA

Distinguished Member
    Quote Originally Posted by RedSafety View Post
    They would have to distinguish between sound suppressors and flash suppressors also. I believe the NFA refers to sound suppressors as silencers, though.
    "What country can preserve its liberties if its rulers are not warned from time to time that their people preserve the spirit of resistance? Let them take arms." - Thomas Jefferson

Member SAF, GOA, NFOA, USCCA

Senior Member Array Petroleum 1's Avatar
    We have rounding errors bigger than $300 million. The cost will be less of an issue than the left wing extremists who would rather rub salt in the wound by trying to make it as much of a financial loss as possible for us.
    Throw in 2mil silencers it would be a billion dollar tab.

Quote Originally Posted by NECCdude View Post
    Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't the adapter for attaching the oil filter to the firearm regulated by the NFA also? I saw a video once that stated that you'll need a tax stamp for the adapter.
    The adapter itself is not regulated. The only time they are regulated is if you do a form 1 and tell them you are using it to manufacture a suppressor.

Quote Originally Posted by Petroleum 1 View Post
    Throw in 2mil silencers it would be a billion dollar tab.
    Our government spends a billion dollars every 2 hours.
    We get the government we deserve.

Morons shouldn't introduce legislation.
    msgt/ret and airslot like this.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Sponsored Links