A Statement by NRA EVP & CEO Wayne Lapierre

A Statement by NRA EVP & CEO Wayne Lapierre

This is a discussion on A Statement by NRA EVP & CEO Wayne Lapierre within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Just received this in an email...change is underway. “Dear NRA Instructor, As many of you may know, we have been evaluating if our investment in ...

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree49Likes

Thread: A Statement by NRA EVP & CEO Wayne Lapierre

Thumbs up A Statement by NRA EVP & CEO Wayne Lapierre

Just received this in an email...change is underway.

“Dear NRA Instructor,

As many of you may know, we have been evaluating if our investment in NRATV is generating the benefits needed. This consideration included the return on investment and the cost and the direction of the content. Many members expressed concern about the messaging on NRATV becoming too far removed from our core mission: defending the Second Amendment.

So, after careful consideration, I am announcing that starting today, we are undergoing a significant change in our communications strategy. We are no longer airing “live TV” programming. Whether and when we return to “live” programming is a subject of ongoing analysis.

The NRA will continue and improve our service on social media channels and our flagship website, www.nra.org — your trusted resource of information. Our many web sites will continue to showcase new and archived videos, as we reorganize much of this information in a way that better serves our key audiences.

What necessitated the change now is our conclusion that our longtime advertising firm and website vendor failed to deliver upon many contractual obligations it made to our Association. The NRA will always hold our vendors to high standards and ask that they maximize their value to the Association. No exceptions.

Looking ahead, you can expect great things from your NRA. We will energize our messaging strategy, become more cost efficient, and promote the NRA’s singular focus like never before. Simply put, our messaging strategy will advance the NRA’s core mission: to serve our members and fight for our Second Amendment.

— Wayne”
    gatorbait51 and CG11 like this.
    “I come in peace. I didn’t bring artillery. But I’m pleading with you, with tears in my eyes: If you [mess] with me, I’ll kill you all."
    — James “Mad Dog” Mattis

The first change needs to be Wayne's departure. Until then, it's just lipstick on a pig.
    MY RIGHTS DON'T END WHERE YOUR FEELINGS BEGIN

The situation will NEVER BE THE WAY YOU WANT, it WILL BE THE WAY IT IS. You must be FLEXIBLE ENOUGH TO ADAPT and just "DEAL WITH IT".

" - Wayne" Like he is on a first name basis with any of the membership. LOL.

According to The Center for Crime and Justice at John Jay College just a couple of weeks ago, NRA spending for educating gun owners about safety and marksmanship dropped by nearly a quarter, from $42.6 million to $32.7 million last year. Money spent on lobbying dropped from over $3 million down to $1.3 million. At the same time, spending on legal fees, travel, entertainment and office supplies rose. Wayne's total compensation is estimated at $5 million. The total NRA budget is estimated at $330 million. From what I've read, junior staffers are not paid well or treated well.

So if they are not spending the bulk of the $330 million on lobbying, training or rank and file salaries, it doesn't seem to be going anywhere that helps the RTKABA.
    Attack Squadron 65 "Tigers", USS Eisenhower '80 - '83, peackeeping w/Iran, Libya, Lebanon and E. Europe

4. Remove Advertisements
    DefensiveCarry.com
    Advertisements

Distinguished Member Array Rabbit212's Avatar
    Well I have noticed a marked decrease in NRA junk mail so maybe things are getting better.
    Those are my principles, and if you don't like them.....well, I have others.

Distinguished Member Array Old Sarge's Avatar
    Maybe they could be more productive if they'd quit stuffing my mailbox with junk "Come on" advertisements.

NRA DAV Life Member

Well, we'll just see about how this works out.

I know the junk mail has stopped and I hope LaPierre steps down. He is doing more harm now that all the good he did in the past. I am having a hard time with the $35000 expense for his clothes. My donations are to fight gun grabbers, help shooting sports, and promote gun safety. He can buy his own suits.

I said on another thread that I don't need another knife, jacket, or range bag. Stop the car salesman gimmicks and get back to fighting for our rights!!!!!
    airslot and StripesDude like this.
    If you find yourself in a fair fight, your tactics suck!
    NRA Life Endowment Member

“Looking forward, you can expect great things from your NRA.”

Idk who he’s talking about, but it sure as hell isn’t my NRA. My NRA would support gun rights across the board. This organization doesn’t.
    Havok, airslot, Bikenut and 1 others like this.

BDR

Two days ago I received an urgent membership extension request from the NRA. Checked my latest membership card. It's good until 2023. I'm good. Still haven't received the freebies from the last two extensions... Not that I need/want them, but don't promise what one can't deliver.
    OneGunTX and Old Man like this.
    Retired USAF E-8. Curmudgeon on the loose.
    Lighten up and enjoy life because:
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your life it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... Buffalo Springfield - For What It's Worth

VIP Member
    "Stop being dangerous, and you become edible." William Aprill

"Slaves, enjoy your freedom." Chuck Klosterman

Distinguished Member Array flphotog's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Rabbit212 View Post
    Well I have noticed a marked decrease in NRA junk mail so maybe things are getting better.
    I've been getting more crap from them. Including one yesterday that implyed on the outside of the envelop that my membership was expiring and needed to be renewed when in fact I'm about 3 years away from needing to renew.
    Member COTEP 772, NRA, GOA, Florida Carry

Quote Originally Posted by Old Sarge View Post
    Maybe they could be more productive if they'd quit stuffing my mailbox with junk "Come on" advertisements.

NRA DAV Life Member
    I’ve been a life member for years, yet I got an envelope in the mail telling me my membership was expiring. Then I opened it and got more of the usual “our rights are under attack like never before, so buy this duffel bag!”.
    We get the government we deserve.

Ex Member
    WLP’s letter seems consistent with Einstein’s definition of insanity: “doing the same think repeatedly and expecting a different result.”. He has been making false statements to members for years, and now he does it again by distorting facts to his advantage. Soo he won’t be able to keep his head above water.
    Old Man and airslot like this.

Today's mail included a letter from Wayne asking for more money. The envelope indicated "EXPIRING 2 AUGUST", which I took as meaning my membership was expiring then... but it's not. What's expiring is a special offer.

Wahoo! Life memberships are 50% off! Only $750 between now and 2 Aug.

Below are pics of my response. The postage paid return envelope has this printed on the flap, and I quote: "Your First Class stamp on this envelope will help NRA save funds for future battles!" Seriously?

Whole lotta nope going on here...
    OldVet, Chuck808, Havok and 2 others like this.
    Ride hard, shoot straight, always speak the truth

Why dont you tell us how you really feel! Lol
    airslot likes this.
    Me: "..and that brings us back to the age old question, how much ammo should you carry or how much is enough, doesn't it? Lol "
    AzQkr: "
    The age old questions answer is carry more, not less. For if more isn't enough, less surely won't be. lol"

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Sponsored Links