NRA BOD members who wanted to change removed from Committees - Page 2

NRA BOD members who wanted to change removed from Committees

This is a discussion on NRA BOD members who wanted to change removed from Committees within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Originally Posted by ThirdShift This is getting bloody. The NRA will survive, I just hope WLP is out before he ends up doing damage that ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Like Tree54Likes

Thread: NRA BOD members who wanted to change removed from Committees

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ThirdShift View Post
    This is getting bloody. The NRA will survive, I just hope WLP is out before he ends up doing damage that will take a decade to repair while our enemies take advantage of it.
    Me too. Read an excellent open letter this morning urging him to retire graciously rather than take us all down with him.

https://www.ammoland.com/2019/07/way...#axzz5sumCPxwu
    "The best we can hope for concerning the people at large is that they be properly armed." Alexander Hamilton

Patron Life Member NRA
    SAF - CCRKBA
    NAGR / GOA
    TFA-LAC / Save the 2A
    Handgunlaw.us Donor

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by spclopr8tr View Post
    Me too. Read an excellent open letter this morning urging him to retire graciously rather than take us all down with him.

I can wholeheartedly endorse every sentiment expressed in that essay.
    spclopr8tr and airslot like this.
    "Stop being dangerous, and you become edible." William Aprill

VIP Member Array ColoradoDiablo's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by spclopr8tr View Post

I second this with all my being.
    Mike1956 likes this.
    U.S. Army, Retired (1986 to 2014)
    Life Member, Veterans of Foreign Wars

4. Remove Advertisements
    DefensiveCarry.com
    Advertisements

Distinguished Member Array StripesDude's Avatar
    Iíve built a career in business and have quite a bit of experience in corporate governance and executive recruitment, selection, retention and separation. Iíve interacted with hundreds of board members at both private and public companies. For the life of me, I canít understand whatís going on here.

First and foremost, Wayne has caused a massive PR issue for the NRA. Even if all bad decisions were not personally made by him, he oversaw the organization and the buck stops with him. But donít expect someone with the ego he has to step down. He will need to be shown the door. And he should have no further involvement with the NRA.

Secondly, where in the world is the Board? Why havenít they ousted Wayne? Why did they let Cox leave? Why did they let Ollie leave? To protect Wayne? Where are Charles Cotton and Carolyn Meadows in all of this? Although Charles did post some of his musings on his forum, they were the usual ďdonít post anything negative about the NRAĒ, and he offered nothing of substance. He alludes to having more info, but thatís typical of how he handles conversations relating to TX politics as well.

Third, why isnít the NRA acting like the massive organization that they are? In almost all situations like this, other organizations would have brought in a heavy duty public relations firm, would have put Wayne on leave while they investigated his misdoings, and for sure would not have ousted two executives who appear to have done nothing more than call Wayne out. Itís as if the NRA doesnít get how bad their situation is.

Fourth, Iím not so sure this isnít being blown apart on purpose by someone on the inside in an elaborate scheme to take it down. Theyíve not handled anything well through all of this - itís so hard to believe that there may be subterfuge behind it.

VIP Member
    Found out today Duane Liptak NRA BOD and President of Magpul also lost a bunch of committee assignments.

Folks this is really bad.
    cbp210 likes this.

His total annual compensation is around $5 million and he doesn't seem to have to prove any results to get that. He gets away with treating everyone at HQ like personal servants. That's a lot of incentive to stay. The board would have to offer him an incredible package to get him to go quietly.

I'll bet he's already written a tell-all memoir that's guaranteed to be a best seller among pro gun and anti gun people alike. They will probably have to pay him not to publish it.
    Attack Squadron 65 "Tigers", USS Eisenhower '80 - '83, peackeeping w/Iran, Libya, Lebanon and E. Europe

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Sponsored Links