NRA BOD members who wanted to change removed from Committees

This is a discussion on NRA BOD members who wanted to change removed from Committees within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; https://theoldschoolpatriot.com/nra-...qdMpdSqZ25DX3E...

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree54Likes

Thread: NRA BOD members who wanted to change removed from Committees

VIP Member

CG11 likes this.

VIP Member
    This is getting bloody. The NRA will survive, I just hope WLP is out before he ends up doing damage that will take a decade to repair while our enemies take advantage of it.

VIP Member
    Just emailed them and said no more donations of any kind for the NRA and NRA-ILA until WLP is out. Along with some other stuff about remembering our real mission, etc.

NRA Patron Life Member
    airslot, OD*, cbp210 and 2 others like this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    DefensiveCarry.com
    Advertisements

Distinguished Member
    Did anyone actually think that things were going to get better at NRA? The cronies who run the cabal are entrenched and digging in deeper. Unlike @ThirdShift I am far from certain the NRA will survive. Cancer starts inside the body and it has to excised by people outside of the body. I think this will end bad for the NRA. The several law suits and investigations it faces are going to include a massive amount of discovery by plaitiffs and prosecutors. The subpeonas and depositions could be the revealing of what the entrenched are trying to hide. Maybe they have nothing to hide, but they sure do not act that way.
    dennis40x likes this.
    USMC 9/59 through 9/69
    Vietnam June Ď66 to February Ď68
    MOS: 4641, Combat Photographer

Memberships:
    Gun Owners of America
    Second Amendment Foundation
    Pennsylvania Firearms Owners Against Crime

VIP Member
    We have met the enemy and he is us.
    airslot, Risasi, 10thmtn and 4 others like this.

After reading and looking up past actions of the NRA, I believe they are a trojan horse. They help create legislation that furthers our restrictions on firearms, all the while, they call for funds to protect our rights. They help create chaos, to be able to stay in business. They come in the guise of protecting our gun rights, while they actually don't give a patoie. They conspire with the enemy to slowly erode our rights, getting paid off by the left to allow things to happen. The NRA doesn't want things like constitutional carry, the NFA repealed or any other right restored to what it was, it doesn't make them money and they will loose their power. Look at what has happened recently under the Trump term, the Republicans held the House and Senate. yet they failed to pass any law that was substantial, but did pass many laws that restricted our rights. I also believe that the NRA and other groups are using the Trump presidency to be able to enact more anti 2A laws, under the notion that since he ran as a Rep, that he has our rights in the best interest. Many say that he was better than any Dem candidate, I'm starting to feel not so sure about that.
    Last edited by Rock and Glock; July 6th, 2019 at 07:39 AM.
    dripster likes this.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by kenboyles72 View Post
    After reading and looking up past actions of the NRA, I believe they are a trojan horse. They help create legislation that furthers our restrictions on firearms, all the while, they call for funds to protect our rights. They help create chaos, to be able to stay in business. They come in the guise of protecting our gun rights, while they actually don't give a ****. They conspire with the enemy to slowly erode our rights, getting paid off by the left to allow things to happen. The NRA doesn't want things like constitutional carry, the NFA repealed or any other right restored to what it was, it doesn't make them money and they will loose their power. Look at what has happened recently under the Trump term, the Republicans held the House and Senate. yet they failed to pass any law that was substantial, but did pass many laws that restricted our rights. I also believe that the NRA and other groups are using the Trump presidency to be able to enact more anti 2A laws, under the notion that since he ran as a Rep, that he has our rights in the best interest. Many say that he was better than any Dem candidate, I'm starting to feel not so sure about that.
    Um, no.
    ButtShot14 and BamaT like this.

OD*
    Senior Moderator
    Do not turn this political.
    airslot, Mike1956, rocky and 3 others like this.
    "The pistol, learn it well, carry it always ..." ~ Jeff Cooper

"Terrorists: They hated you yesterday, they hate you today, and they will hate you tomorrow.
    End the cycle of hatred, donít give them a tomorrow."

NRA Patron Member

Quote Originally Posted by ThirdShift View Post
    Um, no.
    I partially agree with @ThirdShift . I wouldn't go so far as to call them a "Trojan horse," but similar criticisms have been leveled at the NRA for years. Follow the money: If gun rights are in jeopardy, they make more money, regardless of how effective they are being at solving the situation. In fact, if the situation gets better, they make less money. If the gun rights problem ever got solved completely, they would go out of business. That's not an opinion, that's simple economics.

And it is provably true that other pro gun rights organizations are getting a lot more done with a lot less money.
    OldChap, Risasi and TSKnight like this.
    Attack Squadron 65 "Tigers", USS Eisenhower '80 - '83, peackeeping w/Iran, Libya, Lebanon and E. Europe

VIP Member
    Self-preservation is a natural reaction - doesn't mean we have to condone it in an organization that's forgotten its purpose.
    airslot and ThirdShift like this.
    Be careful of people who brag about who they are - a lion will never have to tell you who he's a lion.

Quote Originally Posted by ThirdShift View Post
    We have met the enemy and he is us.
    Self reflection can be dangerous when it is neglected for too long.
    There is a solution but we are not Jedi... not yet.
    Doghandler
    We have deep thinkers and stinkers in this group that could come up with a solution...
    welder516
    Buck the donkey

Why is the NRA so hell-bent on protecting LaPierre. They obviously know by now he is the problem, so what gives?
    One more step and it's on!

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by dripster View Post
    Why is the NRA so hell-bent on protecting LaPierre. They obviously know by now he is the problem, so what gives?
    Clearly, not everyone in the organization is for protecting him.
    ThirdShift and OD* like this.
    "Stop being dangerous, and you become edible." William Aprill

Distinguished Member
    Petty cronyism at its worst is what NRA has become.
    airslot likes this.
    NRA Life Member - Member GA Carry Organization

Itís a shame as we are losing soo much ground in our fight. We need the strength.
    airslot and ThirdShift like this.
    One more step and it's on!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Sponsored Links