Think The Progressives Arenít After Our Firearms? Read This! - Page 2

Think The Progressives Arenít After Our Firearms? Read This!

This is a discussion on Think The Progressives Arenít After Our Firearms? Read This! within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Originally Posted by WebleyHunter ... They did get one thing right... Yes, and it's up to us NRA MEMBERS to take steps to put capable ...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 41
Like Tree109Likes

Thread: Think The Progressives Arenít After Our Firearms? Read This!

  1. #16
    Senior Member Array DZUS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    The Great State of Idaho
    Posts
    1,068
    Quote Originally Posted by WebleyHunter View Post
    ...



    They did get one thing right...
    Yes, and it's up to us NRA MEMBERS to take steps to put capable people who put the Second Amendment above personal ambition at our helm. Hmm, should this be a new thread on its own?
    Merovius likes this.
    Armed And Harmless
    ----
    Never give in--never, never, never, never, in nothing great or small, large or petty, never give in except to convictions of honour and good sense. Never yield to force; never yield to the apparently overwhelming might of the enemy.
    - - Sir Winston Churchill, 1941

  2. #17
    VIP Member
    Array CG11's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Location
    NorthWestern Arizona
    Posts
    5,322
    Teach your children well. It is they who will suffer the miseries of these evil plans.
    Hoganbeg, airslot and Merovius like this.
    Be careful of people who brag about who they are - a lion will never have to tell you who he's a lion.

  3. #18
    VIP Member Array SouthernBoyVA's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Location
    Virginia
    Posts
    2,565
    Quote Originally Posted by OldVet View Post
    I would say much the same, the current population being composed of recent descendants of the WWII generation and following in their footsteps. We, as a whole, can hold back the barbarians, so to speak. But in a couple of generations I think all that will pass into oblivion, and what we hold precious now will then be held in contempt, the way it is now but to a much greater--and possibly overwhelming--level.
    Sadly, I think you are correct with this.
    In the final seconds of your life, just before your killer is about to dispatch you to that great eternal darkness, what would you rather have in your hand? A cell phone or a gun?

    America First!

  4. Remove Advertisements
    DefensiveCarry.com
    Advertisements
     

  5. #19
    VIP Member Array SouthernBoyVA's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Location
    Virginia
    Posts
    2,565
    Quote Originally Posted by CG11 View Post
    Teach your children well. It is they who will suffer the miseries of these evil plans.
    In my case, it would probably be my grandchildren's children.
    In the final seconds of your life, just before your killer is about to dispatch you to that great eternal darkness, what would you rather have in your hand? A cell phone or a gun?

    America First!

  6. #20
    VIP Member Array maxwell97's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Minnesota
    Posts
    9,780
    Quote Originally Posted by OldVet View Post
    I would say much the same, the current population being composed of recent descendants of the WWII generation and following in their footsteps. We, as a whole, can hold back the barbarians, so to speak. But in a couple of generations I think all that will pass into oblivion, and what we hold precious now will then be held in contempt, the way it is now but to a much greater--and possibly overwhelming--level.
    I think theyíd like us to think that, but Iím more optimistic. The illusion of freedom offered by progressives loses its luster as time goes on.
    "Lots of ways to help people. Sometimes heal patients; sometimes shoot dangerous people. Either way helps."
    - Dr. Mordin Solus

  7. #21
    Member Array BentLink's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Western PA
    Posts
    236
    Wow, what a pompous, ignorant article!
    Still Clingin'

  8. #22
    VIP Member Array Gabill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    6,699
    Really hasn't changed.
    Marine Corps 75-79
    NRA
    Florida Carry
    CCW SAFE
    Colt, Sig, S&W, Browning, Remington

  9. #23
    VIP Member Array Nmuskier's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Upper Michigan
    Posts
    4,900
    Quote Originally Posted by MMinSC View Post
    We need to stop calling them progressives. There is nothing new or "progressive" about their agenda. The authoritarian/statist agenda is as old as time. They made up the term progressive to call themselves after the term liberal became so unpopular for them. And that was after they bastardized the classical definition of liberalism. Don't let them decide a propaganda term for themselves. Call them what they are: Statists.
    Actually, Progressive was the turn of the (20th) century term for Soviet Socialism being sold to the west. The term "liberal" was hijacked by the progressives. Today, the two words seem synonymous. They shouldn't be.

    Liberal should refer to open-mindedness; open to new experiences and ideas. That does NOT fit progressivism. Marxism fits progressivism.

    Progressives dis establish language. They change word use. This lack of meaning aids their argument, as their argument lacks logic and evidence. Observe how rapidly words fall in and out of PC favor. Then observe which group is consistently the PC word police.
    SouthernBoyVA and airslot like this.
    Psalm 144:1

  10. #24
    Member Array Henry9008's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2019
    Location
    Cowtown, USA
    Posts
    288
    Make no mistake, our society and culture as we know it is under attack by postmodern moral relativists whose aim is to transform our country into an authoritarian heteronomy where only a few of the ruling class (think Central Committee and Politburo) enjoy the liberties that are currently afforded to us as citizens.
    The first step is to deconstruct the language and assign their preferred meaning. This is a means to stifle debate by stigmatizing opposition and curtail dissention.
    Once this is well underway, then there will be attacks on absolutists, a la "it's okay to have beliefs, but not convictions. It's okay to have convictions, as long as you don't really mean them or live by them. After all, you can't legislate morality, and what's true for you isn't necessarily true for me. "
    Then thoughts will be legislated.(think hate crimes and pro-active policing)

    My brothers and sisters, we are HERE.

  11. #25
    Member Array retired badge 1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2018
    Location
    Pueblo, Colorado
    Posts
    363
    We are now about 15 months away from a general election. Candidates on the left will never campaign on their true agenda because they know it will alienate large numbers of voters, so they campaign as moderates (or even as conservative on some issues). Only after attaining office and establishing a voting block in the House and Senate do we ever see or hear their true plans.

    "Common sense gun control" is a useful term, expanding exponentially to include any and all means to the intended end game.

    "Tax the rich" is always a good one, keeping class envy and hatred alive and well by convincing as many as possible that the candidate/party is truly on their side in the life-long struggle for fairness and equality. Disregard the documented history of tax increases resulting in lowered tax revenues. Disregard the willingness of politicians to grant special exemptions for those who have supported their campaigns.

    "Tax big business, make big business pay its fair share" is another useful campaign cry. Most people will never understand that businesses do not pay taxes, that taxes are simply a cost of doing business added to the price of all goods and service, then paid by individual consumers. All the business does is collect the taxes (while the politicians vilify them for taking advantage of the public) and remit the funds to government.

    Ever had a poor person offer you a good job? Ever heard of a business thriving under high taxes and ever-increasing government control? Ever had a cop show up in time to protect your home and family, or just in time to chalk-line the bodies and gather the evidence at the scene?

    Emotion rules the decision making processes of many people, and they are easily influenced by slogans, jingles, and promises of more benefits (at someone else's expense, of course). Logic and reason are needed for intelligent decision making (such as voting requires), and those qualities are avoided like the plague during an election cycle.

  12. #26
    Member Array Henry9008's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2019
    Location
    Cowtown, USA
    Posts
    288
    Quote Originally Posted by retired badge 1 View Post
    We are now about 15 months away from a general election. Candidates on the left will never campaign on their true agenda because they know it will alienate large numbers of voters, so they campaign as moderates (or even as conservative on some issues). Only after attaining office and establishing a voting block in the House and Senate do we ever see or hear their true plans.

    "Common sense gun control" is a useful term, expanding exponentially to include any and all means to the intended end game.

    "Tax the rich" is always a good one, keeping class envy and hatred alive and well by convincing as many as possible that the candidate/party is truly on their side in the life-long struggle for fairness and equality. Disregard the documented history of tax increases resulting in lowered tax revenues. Disregard the willingness of politicians to grant special exemptions for those who have supported their campaigns.

    "Tax big business, make big business pay its fair share" is another useful campaign cry. Most people will never understand that businesses do not pay taxes, that taxes are simply a cost of doing business added to the price of all goods and service, then paid by individual consumers. All the business does is collect the taxes (while the politicians vilify them for taking advantage of the public) and remit the funds to government.

    Ever had a poor person offer you a good job? Ever heard of a business thriving under high taxes and ever-increasing government control? Ever had a cop show up in time to protect your home and family, or just in time to chalk-line the bodies and gather the evidence at the scene?

    Emotion rules the decision making processes of many people, and they are easily influenced by slogans, jingles, and promises of more benefits (at someone else's expense, of course). Logic and reason are needed for intelligent decision making (such as voting requires), and those qualities are avoided like the plague during an election cycle.

    Emotionalism is truth for the relativist, and it is the barometer of what is right in a relativistic culture. If it feels good, it must be true. If it makes me feel bad, it must be wrong. Therefore, I cannot allow anything that makes me feel bad, and we must legislate against it because it is wrong
    .
    retired badge 1 and airslot like this.

  13. #27
    VIP Member Array SouthernBoyVA's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Location
    Virginia
    Posts
    2,565
    Quote Originally Posted by retired badge 1 View Post
    Candidates on the left will never campaign on their true agenda because they know it will alienate large numbers of voters, so they campaign as moderates (or even as conservative on some issues).
    This was true my entire adult life.. until now. Never have I seen so many of the democratic candidate hopefuls bend so far to the left and be so open about strong moves towards socialism. For a number of years I have been calling this "out liberaling each other". One takes an issue to a certain point and then another one picks it up and takes it further left. It's just that this time around they are just so open with it all. It's as thought they've come out of the closet for all to see their true selves and beliefs. Some of the stuff they claim they want to implement is beyond crazy.
    In the final seconds of your life, just before your killer is about to dispatch you to that great eternal darkness, what would you rather have in your hand? A cell phone or a gun?

    America First!

  14. #28
    Member Array Henry9008's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2019
    Location
    Cowtown, USA
    Posts
    288
    Quote Originally Posted by SouthernBoyVA View Post
    This was true my entire adult life.. until now. Never have I seen so many of the democratic candidate hopefuls bend so far to the left and be so open about strong moves towards socialism. For a number of years I have been calling this "out liberaling each other". One takes an issue to a certain point and then another one picks it up and takes it further left. It's just that this time around they are just so open with it all. It's as thought they've come out of the closet for all to see their true selves and beliefs. Some of the stuff they claim they want to implement is beyond crazy.
    I've been on this rock a few years, and I've seen this quite often during the primary cycle, up to the convention. Then, after the pet left-wing wack-job gets the nod, they suddenly become this maven of moderation and reason, in order to attract as many of the centrists and undecided as possible, and to possibly swing some of the more liberal from the opposition.

    I've seen it on the right, as well, but not to the extreme. Or maybe I'm blinded to it.
    airslot and Merovius like this.

  15. #29
    VIP Member Array PhaedrusIV's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Location
    Wisconsin
    Posts
    6,633
    Quote Originally Posted by OldVet View Post
    I would say much the same, the current population being composed of recent descendants of the WWII generation and following in their footsteps. We, as a whole, can hold back the barbarians, so to speak. But in a couple of generations I think all that will pass into oblivion, and what we hold precious now will then be held in contempt, the way it is now but to a much greater--and possibly overwhelming--level.
    I really hope you are wrong, OV. But I fear you may be right.

    Look how swiftly we arrived at the "Squad" of malcontents who hate the U.S. and want to crush our Natural Rights.

    We are in deep trouble, if you ask me.
    - testing was halted after a brief kinetic episode -

  16. #30
    VIP Member Array SouthernBoyVA's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Location
    Virginia
    Posts
    2,565
    Quote Originally Posted by Henry9008 View Post
    I've been on this rock a few years, and I've seen this quite often during the primary cycle, up to the convention. Then, after the pet left-wing wack-job gets the nod, they suddenly become this maven of moderation and reason, in order to attract as many of the centrists and undecided as possible, and to possibly swing some of the more liberal from the opposition.

    I've seen it on the right, as well, but not to the extreme. Or maybe I'm blinded to it.
    Traditionally that has been the case. But this campaign season is different. There has been so much movement to the more radical left and the dem candidates have openly stated their support so many times that they can't turn around now. The cat's out of the bag and won't shut up.

    These people have always taught and felt this way but in past cycles have been very reluctant to spill the beans about their true selves. It's actually a good thing that they have all jumped over that wall and come out of the proverbial closet because it gives the repubs more ammunition with which to fight their loony proposals, if they don't turn chicken, tuck tail, and run like they usually do.

    Most all of their secrets are now out in the open as to where they want to take this nation. Their grand plan, which began 100 years ago, just may come to pass after all. If it does, it will be a sorry end for a once great nation.
    Last edited by SouthernBoyVA; August 2nd, 2019 at 10:05 AM.
    In the final seconds of your life, just before your killer is about to dispatch you to that great eternal darkness, what would you rather have in your hand? A cell phone or a gun?

    America First!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Sponsored Links

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •