Think The Progressives Arenít After Our Firearms? Read This!

Think The Progressives Arenít After Our Firearms? Read This!

This is a discussion on Think The Progressives Arenít After Our Firearms? Read This! within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Vox...first article I ever read in the publication...and last. At least it gives a clear view of their real objectives! https://www.vox.com/policy-and-polit...mass-shootings...

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 41
Like Tree109Likes

Thread: Think The Progressives Arenít After Our Firearms? Read This!

  1. #1
    Distinguished Member Array MJK's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    St. Louis
    Posts
    1,452

    Think The Progressives Arenít After Our Firearms? Read This!

    Vox...first article I ever read in the publication...and last. At least it gives a clear view of their real objectives!

    https://www.vox.com/policy-and-polit...mass-shootings
    ďI come in peace. I didnít bring artillery. But Iím pleading with you, with tears in my eyes: If you [mess] with me, Iíll kill you all."
    ó James ďMad DogĒ Mattis

  2. #2
    VIP Member Array G26Raven's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Southwest
    Posts
    6,559
    There's been no question in my mind for quite awhile.
    airslot, Gabill, Merovius and 1 others like this.
    If something is important enough, you will find a way. If it's not, you will find an excuse.
    Every man dies, but not every man truly lives.
    If you are asked to be the hero, be the hero.

  3. #3
    VIP Member Array Nmuskier's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Upper Michigan
    Posts
    4,906
    Vox, Salon, and Slate are probably the worst.
    airslot, Gabill, jmf552 and 1 others like this.
    Psalm 144:1

  4. Remove Advertisements
    DefensiveCarry.com
    Advertisements
     

  5. #4
    VIP Member Array WebleyHunter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Colorado Front Range
    Posts
    2,516
    You know the story was already written, with the location held blank in lustful anticipation...

    We would still likely see mass shootings, like the Gilroy, California, mass shooting, on a regular basis, in addition to the incidents of suicides, urban violence, and domestic abuse that are tragically even more common.
    They did get one thing right...

    The time is now. The NRA is in chaos, as its leadership is caught in a civil war.
    Nmuskier likes this.
    Enjoying my daily viewing of the "love has no labels" SJW clickbait on DC.com.

    Active Shooter Response- Assess the situation, Position yourself to gain tactical advantage, Engage perpetrator violently (APE).

    When shopping at Walmart, remember that even serial killers need to buy toilet paper.

  6. #5
    VIP Member
    Array airslot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    GA
    Posts
    3,532
    Vox...first article I ever read in the publication...and last.
    Why? "Keep your friends close and your enemies closer"


    At least it gives a clear view of their real objectives!
    Forewarned is forearmed. Better to be ahead of the curve than behind it.
    MY RIGHTS DON'T END WHERE YOUR FEELINGS BEGIN

    The situation will NEVER BE THE WAY YOU WANT, it WILL BE THE WAY IT IS. You must be FLEXIBLE ENOUGH TO ADAPT and just "DEAL WITH IT".

  7. #6
    VIP Member
    Array Mike1956's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Marion county, Ohio
    Posts
    32,439
    Great article. It's refreshing to have the entire gun-grabbing agenda laid out honestly for a change.
    "Stop being dangerous, and you become edible." William Aprill

  8. #7
    Member Array KILTED COWBOY's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2019
    Location
    TEXAS
    Posts
    448
    This is news?

  9. #8
    VIP Member Array maxwell97's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Minnesota
    Posts
    9,782
    ďThat could require rethinking the Second Amendment, whether by appointing judges who interpret it differently in a reverse version of the NRAís campaign to portray gun ownership as an individual right. It might even mean beginning an effort to repeal it ó a project that could admittedly take decades but has gotten less serious consideration and support than packing the Supreme Court or even abolishing the Senate.Ē

    Dang, but those individual rights are inconvenient, arenít they?
    "Lots of ways to help people. Sometimes heal patients; sometimes shoot dangerous people. Either way helps."
    - Dr. Mordin Solus

  10. #9
    VIP Member Array SouthernBoyVA's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Location
    Virginia
    Posts
    2,565
    The article stopped short of the one factor that the more ardent proponents of radical firearms control secretly wish for: mass confiscation of privately owned firearms. It's one thing to begin a program of making the purchase of firearms more difficult and time consuming. Of course such a program is not going to address the 350 million currently owned firearms. Only a far more radical program is going to address this.

    Mike1956 addressed this very thing in another thread recently. The problem with such a radical program is that it will not affect everyone. Politicians and celebrities will still have armed escorts. The privileged (such as celebrities and politicians) will still be able to enjoy hobbies involving firearms (trap and skeet, hunting, target shooting). It is the "common" citizenry who will suffer from this. And the one thing missing here is liberty. A major right will be virtually eliminated, turning citizens into subjects. The Founders worse nightmare will have arrived to turn their grand design into a modern day feudal Europe.
    In the final seconds of your life, just before your killer is about to dispatch you to that great eternal darkness, what would you rather have in your hand? A cell phone or a gun?

    America First!

  11. #10
    VIP Member Array MMinSC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    charleston,sc
    Posts
    3,224
    We need to stop calling them progressives. There is nothing new or "progressive" about their agenda. The authoritarian/statist agenda is as old as time. They made up the term progressive to call themselves after the term liberal became so unpopular for them. And that was after they bastardized the classical definition of liberalism. Don't let them decide a propaganda term for themselves. Call them what they are: Statists.
    It takes a Viking to raze a village.

  12. #11
    VIP Member
    Array Mike1956's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Marion county, Ohio
    Posts
    32,439
    Quote Originally Posted by SouthernBoyVA View Post
    The article stopped short of the one factor that the more ardent proponents of radical firearms control secretly wish for: mass confiscation of privately owned firearms. It's one thing to begin a program of making the purchase of firearms more difficult and time consuming. Of course such a program is not going to address the 350 million currently owned firearms. Only a far more radical program is going to address this.

    Mike1956 addressed this very thing in another thread recently. The problem with such a radical program is that it will not affect everyone. Politicians and celebrities will still have armed escorts. The privileged (such as celebrities and politicians) will still be able to enjoy hobbies involving firearms (trap and skeet, hunting, target shooting). It is the "common" citizenry who will suffer from this. And the one thing missing here is liberty. A major right will be virtually eliminated, turning citizens into subjects. The Founders worse nightmare will have arrived to turn their grand design into a modern day feudal Europe.
    The author didn't really stop short:

    "To change the status quo, Democrats should go big. They need to focus on the abundance of guns in the US and develop a suite of policies that directly tackle that issue, from licensing to confiscation to more aggressive bans of certain kinds of firearms (including, perhaps, all semiautomatic weapons or at least some types of handguns)."
    Psycho41 likes this.

  13. #12
    VIP Member Array SouthernBoyVA's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Location
    Virginia
    Posts
    2,565
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike1956 View Post
    The author didn't really stop short:

    "To change the status quo, Democrats should go big. They need to focus on the abundance of guns in the US and develop a suite of policies that directly tackle that issue, from licensing to confiscation to more aggressive bans of certain kinds of firearms (including, perhaps, all semiautomatic weapons or at least some types of handguns)."
    But the article didn't come out and call for a total, mass confiscation to begin immediately after becoming law. And as a side note about that, such a move would be illegal. They would first have to repeal the Second Amendment and that would take years, if ever, and be an extremely difficult task. But then, since when do despotic regimes ever worry about what is legal and what is not?
    In the final seconds of your life, just before your killer is about to dispatch you to that great eternal darkness, what would you rather have in your hand? A cell phone or a gun?

    America First!

  14. #13
    VIP Member Array SouthernBoyVA's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Location
    Virginia
    Posts
    2,565
    Quote Originally Posted by MMinSC View Post
    We need to stop calling them progressives. There is nothing new or "progressive" about their agenda. The authoritarian/statist agenda is as old as time. They made up the term progressive to call themselves after the term liberal became so unpopular for them. And that was after they bastardized the classical definition of liberalism. Don't let them decide a propaganda term for themselves. Call them what they are: Statists.
    The term progressive has been used for more than 100 years but I believe you're right about the current crop turning to that term rather than liberal because of the negative connotation. And you're also right about "classic liberal" which is what a constitutionalist is (like me). Classic liberals can best be described as what the majority of our Founders were. Men who had an ingrained distrust of strong centralized governments and wished to jealously guard their individual liberties.

    And yes, they most certainly do fit the designation of statists.
    MMinSC, msgt/ret and Merovius like this.
    In the final seconds of your life, just before your killer is about to dispatch you to that great eternal darkness, what would you rather have in your hand? A cell phone or a gun?

    America First!

  15. #14
    VIP Member
    Array Mike1956's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Marion county, Ohio
    Posts
    32,439
    Quote Originally Posted by SouthernBoyVA View Post
    But the article didn't come out and call for a total, mass confiscation to begin immediately after becoming law. And as a side note about that, such a move would be illegal. They would first have to repeal the Second Amendment and that would take years, if ever, and be an extremely difficult task. But then, since when do despotic regimes ever worry about what is legal and what is not?
    I do find comfort in the belief that no despotic regime in human history has come to power with a private citizenry as generally freedom-loving and well-armed as ours.
    "Stop being dangerous, and you become edible." William Aprill

  16. #15
    VIP Member Array OldVet's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    The Florida Twilight Zone
    Posts
    31,213
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike1956 View Post
    I do find comfort in the belief that no despotic regime in human history has come to power with a private citizenry as generally freedom-loving and well-armed as ours.
    I would say much the same, the current population being composed of recent descendants of the WWII generation and following in their footsteps. We, as a whole, can hold back the barbarians, so to speak. But in a couple of generations I think all that will pass into oblivion, and what we hold precious now will then be held in contempt, the way it is now but to a much greater--and possibly overwhelming--level.
    Retired USAF E-8. Curmudgeon on the loose.
    Lighten up and enjoy life because:
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your life it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... Buffalo Springfield - For What It's Worth

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Sponsored Links

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •