How will the threat of more gun controls affect your decision making? - Page 3

How will the threat of more gun controls affect your decision making?

This is a discussion on How will the threat of more gun controls affect your decision making? within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Originally Posted by Bikenut Why does that not inspire me with confidence? Reckon he'll go for the abolition of gun-free zones and constitutional carry nationwide?...

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Like Tree86Likes

Thread: How will the threat of more gun controls affect your decision making?

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bikenut View Post
    Why does that not inspire me with confidence?
    Reckon he'll go for the abolition of gun-free zones and constitutional carry nationwide?
    msgt/ret and airslot like this.
    "Stop being dangerous, and you become edible." William Aprill

Quote Originally Posted by Mike1956 View Post
    Originally Posted by Bikenut View Post
    Why does that not inspire me with confidence?
    Reckon he'll go for the abolition of gun-free zones and constitutional carry nationwide?
    Methinks the gun community is about to see the real Trump. And I fear it won't be pretty.

Maybe something along the lines of take the guns first and due process later nation wide red flag laws.
    Character is doing the right thing when nobody's looking. There are too many people who think that the only thing that's right is to get by, and the only thing that's wrong is to get caught. ~J.C. Watts

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bikenut View Post
    Methinks the gun community is about to see the real Trump. And I fear it won't be pretty.

Maybe something along the lines of take the guns first and due process later nation wide red flag laws.
    The times, they are a'changin':

https://politicselections.com/dan-cr...-control-laws/

"Rep. Dan Crenshaw, a popular Republican representing Texas’ second district, has made what appears to be a knee jerk reaction. This is unfortunate for constitutional gun owners who are tired of seeing their rights chipped away piece by piece, state by state, every time a crazed lunatic commits an atrocity like the ones we’ve seen in the last couple of days in El Paso, TX, and Dayton, OH."
    "Stop being dangerous, and you become edible." William Aprill

4. Remove Advertisements
    DefensiveCarry.com
    Advertisements

Is there a country where semiauto handguns are illegal but revolvers are legal ? If they want go beyond the 10 round mag limit, the next step will be to attempt to ban all handguns.
    Peace, commerce and honest friendship with all nations; entangling alliances with none. ~Thomas Jefferson

Well, don't forget that you will need holsters for those other pieces you might have but have have not yet set up for carry.
    "...as politics in Washington and elsewhere grows increasingly un-moored from reality, humanist wisdom provides us with one final consolation: There is no greater lesson from the past than the intractability of human folly." Heather Mac Donald

Distinguished Member Array patkelly4370's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by SmoothJazz View Post
    Is there a country where semiauto handguns are illegal but revolvers are legal ? If they want go beyond the 10 round mag limit, the next step will be to attempt to ban all handguns.
    Mexico.
    Legal to own is a .22lr rifle or .38 revolver. Must be purchased from the one legal gun store located on an Army base in Mexico City.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
    SmoothJazz likes this.

Is that one store the only place it’s legal to sell ammo too?
    Peace, commerce and honest friendship with all nations; entangling alliances with none. ~Thomas Jefferson

As I understand it, yes.
    Steve
    Retired Leathersmith and Practical Shooter

"Qui desiderat pacem, præparet bellum."

Quote Originally Posted by Mike1956 View Post
    Trump is making an announcement on what he thinks needs to be done regarding mass shootings tomorrow morning.
    My prediction:

Trump will bloviate for several minutes, but essentially say words to the effect of "We are looking into the problem and we will fix it." That will placate all the media temporarily, FOX included. Nothing of value will actually be accomplished.

If he advocates for some form of gun restriction, it would be contrary to his past behavior, such as speaking at NRA conferences.

VIP Member
    Today, he's requesting stronger background checks.
    May you be in Heaven before the Devil knows you're dead

Quote Originally Posted by SWsouthpaw View Post
    If he advocates for some form of gun restriction, it would be contrary to his past behavior, such as speaking at NRA conferences.
    Another institution that has gone soft on guns. I think if he advocates for some sort of gun restriction, the NRA will endorse it. That's what happened with red flag and bump stocks.
    Attack Squadron 65 "Tigers", USS Eisenhower '80 - '83, peackeeping w/Iran, Libya, Lebanon and E. Europe

Quote Originally Posted by SmoothJazz View Post
    It is almost that way in India. If you have a license, you can have a handgun up to .32 caliber. You can also get a carry permit. But there are only three handguns generally available to civilians, all manufactured by the IOF (India Ordnance Factory)
    • .22 revolver - basically an 8 round J frame knock off
    • .32 revolver - a scaled down Webley Mk IV knock off, 6 shots, can be snub nosed or long barrel
    • .32 pistol - called the "Ashani" pistol, it is a hybrid of a Colt 1903 and a Browning 1910, 8 rounds

That's it. The .32 revolver is the most popular. Not surprisingly, India is well known to have a large black market in illegal-small-builder guns.
    SmoothJazz likes this.
    Attack Squadron 65 "Tigers", USS Eisenhower '80 - '83, peackeeping w/Iran, Libya, Lebanon and E. Europe

I don't feel the need to add more guns or magazines to my collection.

But ammo and reloading supplies may be good to stock up on.

Distinguished Member Array dennis40x's Avatar
    The what ifs, always the what ifs. I liken it to how far up a goats rear end can you look. Take a deep breath exhale and relax. Wait and see what happens then form a course of corrective action. Chicken Little- The Sky Is Falling - isn't going to help much!

Did NOT like what all Trump said this morning at all!

Sure I’m missing something from yesterday, know bout the shootings and it is heartbreaking and prayers for the family. Changed channels couldn’t take hours of it.

Question; This that happened in Texas...like, this is Texas WHY didn’t anyone return fire? You mean to tell me that ALL those ppl in Walmart and NOBODY was doing the “Walmart walk” in Texas? Un-friggin-believeable!

I’m googling, Austria and Czech Republic have good gun laws I believe? We have no reason to stay in the US when we retire unless we want to. If the POTUS pulls this crap then that is just messed up, our pro-gun “Leaders” are falling fast.

More googling to do but here is a list of countries and their laws if anyone else want’s a look see;

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Over...laws_by_nation
    Trust God.

What would happen if you put the same amount of trust in God that you do in the brakes on what your driving on the highways?

Think about it.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Sponsored Links