Donald Trump Promises Action After Weekend Shootings in Ohio and Texas - Page 2

Donald Trump Promises Action After Weekend Shootings in Ohio and Texas

This is a discussion on Donald Trump Promises Action After Weekend Shootings in Ohio and Texas within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; https://www.foxnews.com/media/neil-d...-shooting-data This guy gets it but, of course, there'll be those that will ignore the facts....

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
Like Tree192Likes

Thread: Donald Trump Promises Action After Weekend Shootings in Ohio and Texas

Distinguished Member
    https://www.foxnews.com/media/neil-d...-shooting-data

This guy gets it but, of course, there'll be those that will ignore the facts.
    airslot likes this.
    "What country can preserve its liberties if its rulers are not warned from time to time that their people preserve the spirit of resistance? Let them take arms." - Thomas Jefferson

Member SAF, GOA, NFOA, USCCA

Quote Originally Posted by jmf552 View Post
    Do you really think there is reasonable alternative? I don't think you'll get a civil war going over the stuff that is being proposed. You will get passive resistance, but that's about it. If we hold back our votes in 2020, things could get even worse, even faster.

I think it's just a political reality that he and the legislature will have to take some action. Any elected official who doesn't get on board is going to be toast. What I'm hoping is that it is something benign, but I fear it may not be.
    I foresee a re-enactment of some version of the AWB minus a sunset date this time. I hate to sound negative but I think we're about to experience some turbulence. These mass shootings are going to take a serious toll on gun rights.

Im not optimistic about his support for 2A, I never have been and have always seen him as a threat to our gun rights. That being said, based only what Ive seen in this article Im not going to worry quite yet.

Quote Originally Posted by zonker1986 View Post
    Well, if Trump wants to lose 2020...........
    If he signed a gun ban, would you vote for the dem candidate, or a third party candidate? Many will still vote for him because he is the "lesser of two evils".
    airslot and NECCdude like this.
    We get the government we deserve.

4. Remove Advertisements
    DefensiveCarry.com
    Advertisements

Ex Member
    Normally I would think nothing will come of Trump’s words in this case, but things have changed. SG Barr has demonstrated that he has an anti gun agenda. The ARF chief likes gun controls. Someone is pushing DJT toward gun control. I think it is Barr. Problem is that Barr is his best defender in warding off an Impeachment inquiry. Barr can slow IS Attorney investigations in NY, and one has just Ben ended to the surprise of many observers. DJT is not going to alienate Barr, and Barr is not our friend. Put you helmets on because there is a high likelihood that we will be getting incoming soon. If it comes it will be redirected fire from friendlies. Friendly fire is an accident. Redirected friendly fire is intentional. I hope not, but this could get bad.,
    Havok, G26Raven, airslot and 1 others like this.

Senior Member Array retired badge 1's Avatar
    Learned my lesson over the past couple of elections. I am stocking up on primers, powder, and all the other stuff I know will be needed when the next artificial shortages come along.

Those of you who don't roll your own ammo would do well to purchase a couple of boxes every payday before the shelves are empty again for the foreseeable future. Or you can rely on your friendly neighborhood hoarder to sell you a few here and there at triple the usual prices.

I can't be the only person here who remembers .22LR going from $15 per brick to $60, or 9mm range ammo going from $7-8 to $25-30, or primers from $20 per thousand to $50 or more.

Come to think about it, we have a few thousand squandered in certificates of deposit earning ZERO POINT NOTHING, so maybe I'll start buying out WalMart's ammo shelves now while there are still a few selections available. I may not be popular next year but I'm pretty sure I'll have lunch money and beer money when the ammo supply goes away again for a few months or more.

It will never happen. Allegedly, the NRA “owns” Congress. They are not even in the top 50 of special interests buying Congress critters. Of the top 50 (2016) Pharmaceutical Research & Manufacturers of America is number 5 in reported money spent.

https://thehill.com/business-a-lobby...s-spending-big

Quote Originally Posted by CommonCents View Post
    They do need to look at mental health and prescription psychotropic drugs. That is the driver.

I have been saying this for years. Psyche drugs are one of the common denominators in almost all mass shootings in the US. These were introduced into the medical arsenal of tricks back in the 60's. Any time I have posted a video documentary about this on Facebook, it conveniently disappears. The big drug companies make billions and just consider the side effects of these drugs collateral damage. And all the politicians just blame the guns.

JakeCT, deadguy, ETXhiker and 2 others like this.
    Give to them according to their deeds and according to the wickedness of their endeavors; give to them according to the work of their hands; render to them their deserts. Psalm 28:4

VIP Member
    Looks like it's going to be a request for stronger background checks. Tweeted 4 minutes ago.
    May you be in Heaven before the Devil knows you're dead

MJK
    The entire Tweet from DJT:

“We cannot let those killed in El Paso, Texas, and Dayton, Ohio, die in vain. Likewise for those so seriously wounded. We can never forget them, and those many who came before them. Republicans and Democrats must come together and get strong background checks, perhaps marrying...this legislation with desperately needed immigration reform. We must have something good, if not GREAT, come out of these two tragic events!’

BOHICA.
    “I come in peace. I didn’t bring artillery. But I’m pleading with you, with tears in my eyes: If you [mess] with me, I’ll kill you all."
    — James “Mad Dog” Mattis

Ex Member
    4 mass shootings under Trump. 24 under Obama. But it's Trumps fault.

Ex Member
    Just read that the President will make remarks about gun control at 10 AM this morning. He tweeted about supporting background checks so that is likely to be spoken too. I am wondering if that will be it, or if Barr has provided him with more possible actions. I will be tuning into C-SPAN at 10 to catch the announcement.

VIP Member
    Stronger background checks, restrictions on magazines and semi-auto rifles, taxes on ammo, licenses to purchase firearms, red flag laws, none of these things are going to have an iota of impact on mass shootings. But since Ohio is toying with the idea of a red flag law, this shooting could be the tipping point to get it passed, whether the shooter would have been a candidate or not. For some people facts matter much less than feelings when it comes to gun restrictions.
    "The best we can hope for concerning the people at large is that they be properly armed." Alexander Hamilton

Patron Life Member NRA
    SAF - CCRKBA
    NAGR / GOA
    TFA-LAC / Save the 2A
    Handgunlaw.us Donor

VIP Member
    Stronger background checks combined with immigration reform.

This guy is brilliant, regardless of his apparent ineptitude utilizing the English language.
    "Stop being dangerous, and you become edible." William Aprill

"Slaves, enjoy your freedom." Chuck Klosterman

At least he blamed the perps, not the tools. We shall see were it goes from here.
    G26Raven and ugh762x39 like this.
    MY RIGHTS DON'T END WHERE YOUR FEELINGS BEGIN

The situation will NEVER BE THE WAY YOU WANT, it WILL BE THE WAY IT IS. You must be FLEXIBLE ENOUGH TO ADAPT and just "DEAL WITH IT".

Quote Originally Posted by airslot View Post
    At least he blamed the perps, not the tools. We shall see were it goes from here.
    Yes, but he also apparently wanted Red Flags laws as well.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Sponsored Links