Rep Dan Crenshaw - Page 2

Rep Dan Crenshaw

This is a discussion on Rep Dan Crenshaw within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Originally Posted by OldVet I'm running to the liquor store. Okay, but we might skip this for the campaign ads....

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
Like Tree176Likes

Thread: Rep Dan Crenshaw

Quote Originally Posted by OldVet View Post
    I'm running to the liquor store.
    Okay, but we might skip this for the campaign ads.
    Armed And Harmless
    ----
    Never give in--never, never, never, never, in nothing great or small, large or petty, never give in except to convictions of honour and good sense. Never yield to force; never yield to the apparently overwhelming might of the enemy.
    - - Sir Winston Churchill, 1941

Quote Originally Posted by CWOUSCG View Post
    I read stuff like this and my reaction is I can't tell anyone I have guns anymore, and probably need to stop posting online about them.

Red flag laws violate numerous sections of the Constitution. We have laws for taking metal cases off the streets, use them instead; only reason they don't is they made it too hard so now they just want our guns.

Red flag laws circumvent existing laws while violating individual rights.
    See ? The best of BOTH worlds !

Now we have the inmates running the asylum; Constitution be damned, FULL SPEED AHEAD !
    - testing was halted after a brief kinetic episode -

4. Remove Advertisements
    DefensiveCarry.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by ddrew View Post
    I read stuff like this and my reaction is I can't tell anyone I have guns anymore, and probably need to stop posting online about them.
    This is why I have 2 handguns that I have hidden with my AR15. Inherited one and purchased the other 35+ years ago. They are not listed below!!
    OldChap likes this.
    .................................................. ............
    SIG P365, Walther PPS 9mm, Ruger LCP ii; Wife's: Sig P238, LCP ii, Remington 11-87 20G

We have laws for taking metal cases off the streets, use them instead...
    No sense leaving those metal cases laying in the streets when they could be picked up and reloaded. They could cause someone to have a flat tire.
    Retired USAF E-8. Curmudgeon on the loose.
    Lighten up and enjoy life because:
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your life it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... Buffalo Springfield - For What It's Worth

Quote Originally Posted by Hatchee View Post
    This is why I have 2 handguns that I have hidden with my AR15. Inherited one and purchased the other 35+ years ago. They are not listed below!!
    I would like to say that I have done something similar, but of course I haven't, as I don't own any guns

Senior Member Array KILTED COWBOY's Avatar
    RED FLAG LAWS:
    The same people who report your face book posts as offensive.
    Will be calling tip lines to have your guns seized.
    GET IT?

VIP Member
    Originally Posted by CWOUSCG
    We have laws for taking metal cases off the streets, use them instead...

No sense leaving those metal cases laying in the streets when they could be picked up and reloaded. They could cause someone to have a flat tire.

CWOUSCG likes this.
    "Once that bell rings, you're on your own. It's just you and the other guy.” - Joe Lewis

“I’m not obsessive about cleaning my guns. I like them like my martinis and my women....a ‘little’ dirty.....”

Member: GOA, SAF

Quote Originally Posted by KILTED COWBOY View Post
    RED FLAG LAWS:
    GET IT?
    This is exactly my fear. Thin skinned offended by everything SJW POS's will use this as their weapon in the fight to have all guns removed in the US
    The Old Anglo and CWOUSCG like this.

Quote Originally Posted by NECCdude View Post
    ERPO's could be a good thing but without safeguards such as due process they'll be abused. Being able to sue someone for false accusations would go a long way toward preventing abuses. If someone is considered a threat why are they focused on confiscating guns instead of separating the individual from the guns and doing a mental health evaluation of the person? If the evaluation of that person shows that they are truly a threat to themselves and/or others, then confiscate the firearms and update NICS accordingly. I'm not a fan of confiscation though but it will make it more difficult for someone to commit mass murder or suicide. Of course, that doesn't mean that they can't still get a gun or some other potentially lethal item. No matter what, someone will be opposed to doing something to stop violent and mentally unstable people. If someone has a better/good idea I'd like to hear it. Better yet, pass those ideas onto the politicians. The biggest problem with ERPO's is considering someone guilty even though he/she/it hasn't committed a crime.
    Well said sir. 10,000 likes. I just got off the phone with Dan Crenshaw's aide. I enlightened him a bit (I hope) about due process and laid out a couple of examples of how such laws can be abused. I also told him the Old Soviets would have loved such a law. He was very gracious.

@KILTED COWBOY While I'm handing them out...10,000 likes to you. Short and oh so to the point.
    CWOUSCG and Rockymonster like this.
    "The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has limits."

Senior Member Array KILTED COWBOY's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by OldChap View Post
    Well said sir. 10,000 likes. I just got off the phone with Dan Crenshaw's aide. I enlightened him a bit (I hope) about due process and laid out a couple of examples of how such laws can be abused. I also told him the Old Soviets would have loved such a law. He was very gracious.
    Good for you.
    I think I will do the same.
    CWOUSCG and Rockymonster like this.

Quote Originally Posted by KILTED COWBOY View Post
    RED FLAG LAWS:
    GET IT?
    Does anyone recall when Obama set up a tip line to report people who said negative things about ObamaCare. My now deceased mother was a teen in East Germany when Hitler/Nazis seized control. When Obama did this, she freaked out. I don't ever recall her being so upset. Can't imagine her reaction today!!
    OldChap, M1911A1, CWOUSCG and 3 others like this.
    .................................................. ............
    SIG P365, Walther PPS 9mm, Ruger LCP ii; Wife's: Sig P238, LCP ii, Remington 11-87 20G

don't feel bad - I've got Shalala as well as Rubio and Scott.
    When seconds count, help is minutes away!

Unless it's life or death related, it's all B.S.!

Willis put his firearm down to read the ERPO but then, apparently recognizing that it wasn’t a legal search warrant issued by a judge in accordance with protections guaranteed to him by the Fourth Amendment to the U.S. Constitution, but instead was issued by a local judge under Maryland’s newly minted “red flag” law, he retrieved his firearm.

The spokesman said that Willis “became irate.” In the melee that followed, one of the firearms carried either by one of the officers or by Willis went off. One of the officers then pulled his own sidearm and shot Willis dead.
    The quote above is from the article in your link. Regardless of your personal opinion of ERPOs and your own interpretation of the US Constitution, how you handle yourself with LEOs is very important. Just like a traffic stop, you cannot litigate or argue with a LEO; you take your issues up with the judge through your lawyer. "Retrieving" your firearm and tussling with the LEOs is not going to end well. If I want the LEOs to treat you with respect, you have to show them respect as well. The LEOs did not go to Mr Willis' home at 5am for fun. They had their duty to perform. Mr. Willis did not have to lose his life that day. He made bad choices. He paid with his life.

I do not like ERPOs because there are no consequences for abuse. It is easy to call-in an ERPO, but the caller should be held criminally responsible for a false police report and civilly liable for legal costs, lost wages, etc. Truth is, we hear "See something, Say something" all the time. None of us has ever complained about those four words. ERPOs are not much different. What we gun owners fear is abuse of the system. Just because I said I was going to shoot the pilot, does not mean I was going to discharge a firearm at an aviator. It meant I was shooting film for a pilot episode of "Today's @OldVet 's List", a parody of Schindler's List.
    M1911A1, OldVet and Rockymonster like this.
    Annoy a Liberal!! Get a job and think for yourself!

Well, I got out my computer with the intention of sending an email to Mr. Crenshaw today, but figured it would just get lost in the mix like every other email Ive ever sent to a Congressman or Senator, so I decided to try a new tactic. I figured I would call his office. Unfortunately, he was not at the location that I called, but the lady that I spoke with said she would pass my information along, so hopefully I will get a call back from him.
    OldChap, CWOUSCG and MMinSC like this.
    We get the government we deserve.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Sponsored Links