Joe Biden coming for "assault" weapons - Page 2

Joe Biden coming for "assault" weapons

This is a discussion on Joe Biden coming for "assault" weapons within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Look at the bright side: Uncle Joe has said that on Day One, he will legalize all the "Dreamers." I suppose that's going to be ...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree95Likes

Thread: Joe Biden coming for "assault" weapons

Look at the bright side: Uncle Joe has said that on Day One, he will legalize all the "Dreamers."

I suppose that's going to be right after he cures cancer. Go, Jo ! (Hey, isn't that a slimy goo cleaner for filthy hands ?)
    msgt/ret likes this.
    - testing was halted after a brief kinetic episode -

Distinguished Member Array NECCdude's Avatar
    molon labe.......
    simple_man17 likes this.
    Member NRA, SAF, GOA, NFOA, USCCA

Microwave radio technicians are fully deviated.

Quote Originally Posted by scottync View Post
    Since many here are critical of the NRA, what's the response of GOA, VCDL etc. to counter efforts from candidates like Biden? Are y'all gonna come down to places like Raleigh, Atlanta, Phoenix and Des Moines and prevent this from happening?
    The GOA put a really excellent, well written 400 word editorial that amazingly, got carried in its entirety in USA Today. It highlighted several recent situations in which guns were used to save lives and made some strong arguments against using the recent tragedies to restrict gun rights. It is the best positive media for gun rights I have seen since the shootings. USA Today had a poll asking readers if they agreed with the GOA. As of now, 75% of readers taking the poll said, "Strongly Agree." I thought that was a great move on their part.

If and when legislation is proposed, I am sure the GOA and the SAF will take it on. Right now it is all talk.

The VCDL is concerned with VA politics and we are already successfully (so far) fighting a list of about a dozen restrictions proposed after the VA Beach shooting. We helped get the the special legislative session on gun control adjourned without action, against the objections of the Democrats, including the governor. We continue the fight.

The state groups covering Raleigh, Atlanta, Phoenix and Des Moines, as well as every other state group need to be doing the same.

As far as the NRA, you tell me what they've done in response. I haven't seen anything of substance, and I have looked.
    DZUS, msgt/ret, M1911A1 and 3 others like this.
    Attack Squadron 65 "Tigers", USS Eisenhower '80 - '83, peackeeping w/Iran, Libya, Lebanon and E. Europe

4. Remove Advertisements
    DefensiveCarry.com
    Advertisements

Upon moving to the south I kept hearing this phrase, which now seems appropriate for Joe. “Bless his heart.”

Quote Originally Posted by jmf552 View Post
    The GOA put a really excellent, well written 400 word editorial that amazingly, got carried in its entirety in USA Today. It highlighted several recent situations in which guns were used to save lives and made some strong arguments against using the recent tragedies to restrict gun rights. It is the best positive media for gun rights I have seen since the shootings. USA Today had a poll asking readers if they agreed with the GOA. As of now, 75% of readers taking the poll said, "Strongly Agree." I thought that was a great move on their part.

If and when legislation is proposed, I am sure the GOA and the SAF will take it on. Right now it is all talk.

The VCDL is concerned with VA politics and we are already successfully (so far) fighting a list of about a dozen restrictions proposed after the VA Beach shooting. We helped get the the special legislative session on gun control adjourned without action, against the objections of the Democrats, including the governor. We continue the fight.

The state groups covering Raleigh, Atlanta, Phoenix and Des Moines, as well as every other state group need to be doing the same.

As far as the NRA, you tell me what they've done in response. I haven't seen anything of substance, and I have looked.
    Good luck with your 400 word editorial. It means diddly squat in my state. The NRA will respond. Which side are you on?

Quote Originally Posted by scottync View Post
    Good luck with your 400 word editorial. It means diddly squat in my state. The NRA will respond. Which side are you on?
    Hey, you asked the challenging questions with your post. I just answered them. Then I asked you a perfectly logical question in response to see if you knew of anything the NRA has done.

It's not about whose side anyone is on. I've worked pretty hard volunteering and contributing for gun rights. As it happens, I am also still an NRA member and have been for a long time. Asking what side I'm on is way out of line.

Truth is, it's only a few days after these shootings. There is not much anyone can do at this point.
    Attack Squadron 65 "Tigers", USS Eisenhower '80 - '83, peackeeping w/Iran, Libya, Lebanon and E. Europe

Quote Originally Posted by jmf552 View Post

One thing I like about GOA, is they make it too easy for their members, or in this case anyone, do do a little something. Rather than sending out a letter saying “your rights are under attack, so you should buy our duffel bag”, they give a prewritten email where all you have to do is put in your personal information and hit send, or they sent me a letter in the mail recently that had a couple cards, with addresses written on them and everything.
    We get the government we deserve.

Quote Originally Posted by Havok View Post
    One thing I like about GOA, is they make it too easy for their members, or in this case anyone, do do a little something. Rather than sending out a letter saying “your rights are under attack, so you should buy our duffel bag”, they give a prewritten email where all you have to do is put in your personal information and hit send, or they sent me a letter in the mail recently that had a couple cards, with addresses written on them and everything.
    The VCDL does the same thing at the state level. I agree, that is a really good device. Those emails get tabulated by legislative staffers and they report to the legislator how much email they are getting for and against. It does make a difference, even with anti-gun politicians. The anti-gunners will still vote with the party caucus, but the emails can determine how much or how little they will go to bat for a piece of legislation. With the pro-gun politicians, it helps keep them from getting weak kneed.
    Havok likes this.

OK, Joe Biden is coming to my house to take my guns. All I have to do is stick my double-barrel shotgun out the door and pull the triggers, right?

Trying to keep a straight face on this topic. Work with me a little bit.
    Havok, jmf552, msgt/ret and 5 others like this.

The only thing Biden is coming for is the early bird special at Perkins

Go take a nap Joe
    NECCdude, 5lima30ret and airslot like this.

Sounds like Joe needs a snickers. He gets mighty cranky when he's hungry. Since my guns are in a safe in my house, does that mean to get such firearms “off the street” doesn't apply to me and all of us on here?
    5lima30ret and airslot like this.
    Whoever appeals to the law against his fellow man is either a fool or a coward. Whoever cannot take care of himself without that law is both. For a wounded man shall say to his assailant, "If I die, you are forgiven. If I live, I will kill you." Such is the Rule of Honor.

Quote Originally Posted by retired badge 1 View Post
    OK, Joe Biden is coming to my house to take my guns. All I have to do is stick my double-barrel shotgun out the door and pull the triggers, right?

Trying to keep a straight face on this topic. Work with me a little bit.
    He might massage your shoulders and whisper into your ear as well.
    kerberos likes this.

KNOWLEDGE: A tomato is a fruit.
    WISDOM: Not putting a tomato in a fruit salad.

Quote Originally Posted by ddrew View Post
    The only thing Biden is coming for is the early bird special at Perkins

Go take a nap Joe
    ^^^Agreed!....along with a bottle of Ted Kennedy's favorite Scotch!
    ddrew likes this.
    Retired Police Lieutenant, Former UH-1N Huey & MH-53 Pave Low Gunner, Retired USAF Reserve, Glock Armorer, AL Retired LEO CPP, NRA Certified Pistol Instructor, LEOSA Qualified, Active FOP Executive Board Member

"I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me" Phil 4:13

Quote Originally Posted by Cornhusker95 View Post
    He might massage your shoulders and whisper into your ear as well.

"Death is lighter than a feather, but Duty is heavier than a mountain" Robert Jordan

Si hoc legere scis, nimis eruditionis habes

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Sponsored Links