Pennsylvania Governor Announces ‘Sweeping’ Executive Order on Gun Control

This is a discussion on Pennsylvania Governor Announces ‘Sweeping’ Executive Order on Gun Control within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; This is why we need at least one strong national organization, be it the NRA or something else, to fight this kind of thing. We ...

Like Tree19Likes
  • 3 Post By G26Raven
  • 2 Post By Sister
  • 1 Post By jmf552
  • 5 Post By spclopr8tr
  • 3 Post By Nmuskier
  • 1 Post By BentLink
  • 1 Post By PhaedrusIV
  • 3 Post By msgt/ret

Thread: Pennsylvania Governor Announces ‘Sweeping’ Executive Order on Gun Control

This is why we need at least one strong national organization, be it the NRA or something else, to fight this kind of thing. We all know this is never going to stop, and lately, it just seems to keep getting worse. Don't get me wrong, state organizations are good, but I think we need 2A advocates at all levels.

Pennsylvania Gov. Tom Wolf (D) announced Wednesday that he will sign a “sweeping executive order to reduce gun violence,” and will unilaterally implement a series of gun control regulations in his state.

The governor’s office issued a press release saying the executive action would involve “nearly two dozen new initiatives and reforms” in four categories: new oversight and data sharing; reducing community gun violence; combatting mass shootings; and address the rising number of gun-related domestic incidents and self-inflicted shootings.

https://conservativefighters.org/new...fAcoF0ecnL0lPo
    "If you look like food, you will be eaten." Clint Smith, Thunder Ranch

Learning occurs only after repetitive, demoralizing failures.

"Who needs your truth if it stands in our way?"
    General Alexei Yepishev, political commissar of the Soviet Armed Forces

Is that the same as they are trying to do in NC? I think I saw where there was a thread on NC’s gov doing something similar?

looks like Epstein was strangled last I read, you think NY needs to ban hands?!
    G26Raven and Invisibleflash like this.
    Trust God always in every thing you do 🙏

UDC member, Rebels with a cause.

EPSTEIN DIDN’T KILL HIMSELF

I think this is the province of the SAF. The counter to this is legal action and that is their specialty. The other national groups to consider are the GOA, NAGR and the Constitutional Rights PAC.
    G26Raven likes this.
    Attack Squadron 65 "Tigers", USS Eisenhower '80 - '83, peackeeping w/Iran, Libya, Lebanon and E. Europe

4. Remove Advertisements
    DefensiveCarry.com
    Advertisements

Distinguished Member
    Silence from NRA.....how surprising.
    NRA Life Member - Member GA Carry Organization

VIP Member
    The news bulletin did not provide details or language of the order, which is set to be signed on Thursday. It did, however, state that the measures would involve creating new state offices to enforce the governor’s initiatives.
    More big government is NEVER the solution to ANYTHING. But I can almost guarantee whatever he orders (is this even legal without statutes to back it?) won't do a single thing to reduce crime.

Hey, novel idea. Why not start enforcing existing laws and stop letting animals back out on the street with felon-in-possession-of-a-gun convictions?
    "The best we can hope for concerning the people at large is that they be properly armed." Alexander Hamilton

Patron Life Member NRA
    SAF - CCRKBA
    NAGR / GOA
    TFA-LAC / Save the 2A
    Handgunlaw.us Donor

1. "self inflicted" He is going to tackle depression and stress related to suicide? Doubtful, but it would be a positive move.

2. After suicide, the most common means of death by gunshot is police and justified self defense. Let's reduce those by reducing criminals violently threatening police and the public. Any bets that is in the plans?

3. Actual criminal activity. Any plans to address fatherless children, parent involvement, education, religious morals including value of life and loving thy neighbor? Those are real causes of poverty and thus crime. But we'll just pass more gun laws for criminals to follow.

4. Mass shooting- back to parents, morals, sanctity of life, and loving thy neighbor. Also, interpersonal involvement with actual relationships. Not their digital world.
    PhaedrusIV, airslot and G26Raven like this.
    Psalm 144:1

Grrrrrr
    G26Raven likes this.
    Still Clingin'

Quote Originally Posted by spclopr8tr View Post
    More big government is NEVER the solution to ANYTHING. But I can almost guarantee whatever he orders (is this even legal without statutes to back it?) won't do a single thing to reduce crime.

Hey, novel idea. Why not start enforcing existing laws and stop letting animals back out on the street with felon-in-possession-of-a-gun convictions?

^^^^^ This ^^^^^
    airslot likes this.
    - testing was halted after a brief kinetic episode -

I wonder what State I will have to move to to 'feel' safe. I worry that this nonsense may, at some time, reach Florida. [sigh]

"New" gun laws Name:  dead-horse-HOME.gif
Views: 32
Size:  32.5 KB
    airslot, Nmuskier and spclopr8tr like this.
    When you have to shoot, shoot. Don't talk.
    "Don't forget, incoming fire has the right of way."
    A 9MM MAY expand to .45 but a 45ACP will never shrink to 9MM.

Someone will be along to suggest organizations without the political clout and funding of the NRA-ILA should ride in and save the day in PA. Oh wait...

Sponsored Links