Letter from my congressman

This is a discussion on Letter from my congressman within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Got a form letter from my congressman today in response to a recent letter I sent to him in the wake of the calls for ...

Like Tree19Likes
  • 4 Post By G26Raven
  • 2 Post By TSKnight
  • 1 Post By OldChap
  • 1 Post By OldVet
  • 1 Post By TimGunn
  • 4 Post By G26Raven
  • 4 Post By spclopr8tr
  • 2 Post By G26Raven

Thread: Letter from my congressman

Got a form letter from my congressman today in response to a recent letter I sent to him in the wake of the calls for more gun control following El Paso and Dayton. Chris Stewart seems like an okay guy, Mitt Romney is my bigger concern. I know it's not a promise, but I try to write to my representatives as often as I can.

Following tragic mass shootings, a common reaction from American citizens is to push for stronger gun control and a ban on assault weapons. While there is a need to recognize the danger that a firearm in the wrong hands may present, I believe that guns also can serve as a valuable tool for self-defense and personal security in these types of situations. It is crucial that those who choose to exercise their constitutional rights do so with the utmost responsibility and care. In reality, many gun control measures being considered in Congress will do nothing to prevent people from seeking to harm others, and likely will make it harder for honest citizens to protect themselves. As such, I will fight against these efforts to limit the Second Amendment.

Letter from my congressman-message-congressman-stewart.jpg
    OldChap, OldVet, TSKnight and 1 others like this.
    "Don't drive your truck when you're all jacked up..." Gretchen Wilson
    2% of the U.S. population thinks the Cold War was caused by climate change

Distinguished Member Array TSKnight's Avatar
    You at least got a reply. Mine haven't even acknowledged I wrote to them.

I have a feeling that our Congress Critters are going to compromise away another step against the 2nd Amendment.
    Hope I'm wrong!

While I don't have a great deal of faith in what Trump says until he actually does something. It was nice to hear him step up and say that the NRA's concerns about proposed "Red Flag" legislation need to be addressed.
    Haven't heard the exact words he used, only the paraphrased versions by the talking heads.
    OldChap and G26Raven like this.
    Democracy:
    Two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for dinner.
    Freedom:
    A well armed lamb contesting the vote.

Sounds like you got yourself a winner.
    G26Raven likes this.
    "The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has limits."

4. Remove Advertisements
    DefensiveCarry.com
    Advertisements

Clearly I'm living in the wrong state. My representatives at state and national level have sold out to the Antis.

Any vacant lots by you?
    G26Raven likes this.
    Retired USAF E-8. Curmudgeon on the loose.
    Lighten up and enjoy life because:
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your life it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... Buffalo Springfield - For What It's Worth

Mine emailed me. And basically told me I was stupid for being for the 2A. He said it was out dated. But I still live on the left coast. (10 months left)
    And speaking of Mitt, he came to my church when he was running for president. I guess he thought because we were of the same religion we would vote for him. Quite a few in my ward did not vote that year. He was such an arrogant twit.
    G26Raven likes this.
    Aut Pax Aut Bellum

My Congressman is Dan Crenshaw. He sold out to the gun control crowd.
    Annoy a Liberal!! Get a job and think for yourself!

Quote Originally Posted by OldVet View Post
    Clearly I'm living in the wrong state. My representatives at state and national level have sold out to the Antis.

Any vacant lots by you?
    Actually, there's one right next door. We could be curmudgeons, cheek by jowl!

Quote Originally Posted by OneGunTX View Post
    My Congressman is Dan Crenshaw. He sold out to the gun control crowd.
    Really disappointed by him, but then I have been disappointed by so many Republicans. I don't consider myself to be a Republican, but rather a "constitutional conservative."

I've regularly made it clear to my representatives that they work for me and when they do not represent my views I let them know that too. If they support legislation to subvert the 2nd Amendment, an inalienable right, I will vote them out.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by G26Raven View Post
    Following tragic mass shootings, a common reaction from American citizens is to push for stronger gun control and a ban on assault weapons. While there is a need to recognize the danger that a firearm in the wrong hands may present, I believe that guns also can serve as a valuable tool for self-defense and personal security in these types of situations. It is crucial that those who choose to exercise their constitutional rights do so with the utmost responsibility and care. In reality, many gun control measures being considered in Congress will do nothing to prevent people from seeking to harm others, and likely will make it harder for honest citizens to protect themselves. As such, I will fight against these efforts to limit the Second Amendment.
    I'd love to read the form letter he sends to his anti-2A constituents.
    "The best we can hope for concerning the people at large is that they be properly armed." Alexander Hamilton

Patron Life Member NRA
    SAF - CCRKBA
    NAGR / GOA
    TFA-LAC / Save the 2A
    Handgunlaw.us Donor

Quote Originally Posted by spclopr8tr View Post
    I'd love to read the form letter he sends to his anti-2A constituents.
    They're probably limited in number here. A couple of years back I was at the county fair and there was a booth set up for a woman who wanted to run for congress. I'd never heard of her, so I asked the young woman sitting in the booth whether the candidate was a Republican or a Democrat. "She's a Utah Democrat," was her quick answer. When I asked her what that was, she told me that she was a Democrat who was not against guns....

Before I moved from California, I wrote to Feinstein about a firearms issue (can't recall which one) and got a polite letter in which I was told that we would have to "agree to disagree." I wasn't happy about the message, but at least the letter was polite.
    spclopr8tr and airslot like this.

Sponsored Links