Why do dems keep saying you can buy guns on the internet with no background checks? - Page 3

Why do dems keep saying you can buy guns on the internet with no background checks?

This is a discussion on Why do dems keep saying you can buy guns on the internet with no background checks? within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; It doesn't matter because nearly all of these mass shooting have been by somebody who went to a gun shop and bought a gun legally ...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
Like Tree126Likes

Thread: Why do dems keep saying you can buy guns on the internet with no background checks?

Distinguished Member Array GpTom's Avatar
    It doesn't matter because nearly all of these mass shooting have been by somebody who went to a gun shop and bought a gun legally in the last few weeks before the shooting and had passed the background check even though somebody had called the authorities and told them that this person was bat crap crazy and a threat to those around them. Don't they say " he went out and bought the gun because there was no reason why he couldn't buy it legally." Then we always think that maybe the fact that everybody knew that he was doing crazy stuff for the last ten years should have been a deterrent?
    It almost seems like the fact that they allow these particular sales is because they need ammunition for the anti-gun crowd.

VIP Member
    "Shall not be infringed upon" - both sides are well versed in the art of deception.
    Be careful of people who brag about who they are - a lion will never have to tell you who he's a lion.

Tell a lie often enough, it becomes the truth.

4. Remove Advertisements
    DefensiveCarry.com
    Advertisements

VIP Member
    It's not so much what they say, it's what they imply.

The way they say it, one would believe that you can purchase online and get delivery direct( no background ck) to your house. Which is patently FALSE.

Is it possible to initiate a direct person to person transaction online or at a Gun Show? Of course it is. These transactions have no requirement for a background ck, as long as they are completed face to face.

It's their BLATANT MISREPRESENTATION of the process that irritates me.
    PhaedrusIV, Hoganbeg and msgt/ret like this.
    MY RIGHTS DON'T END WHERE YOUR FEELINGS BEGIN

The situation will NEVER BE THE WAY YOU WANT, it WILL BE THE WAY IT IS. You must be FLEXIBLE ENOUGH TO ADAPT and just "DEAL WITH IT".

Quote Originally Posted by airslot View Post

The way they say it, one would believe that you can purchase online and get delivery direct( no background ck) to your house. Which is patently FALSE.

Is it possible to initiate a direct person to person transaction online or at a Gun Show? Of course it is. These transactions have no requirement for a background ck, as long as they are completed face to face.

Stated another way: THEY LIE !!!
    Hoganbeg, msgt/ret and Havok like this.
    - testing was halted after a brief kinetic episode -

DG

Oswald bought his weapon by mail order. The Gun Control Act of 1968 closed that loophole.
    Simplistic solutions to complex problems seldom produce satisfying results.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by DG View Post
    Oswald bought his weapon by mail order. The Gun Control Act of 1968 closed that loophole.
    Your point?

Are the Dems still holding a grudge over Kennedy?

They are still misrepresenting the current laws and processes as they pertain to online and gun show purchases.
    MY RIGHTS DON'T END WHERE YOUR FEELINGS BEGIN

The situation will NEVER BE THE WAY YOU WANT, it WILL BE THE WAY IT IS. You must be FLEXIBLE ENOUGH TO ADAPT and just "DEAL WITH IT".

DG
    Your point?

Are the Dems still holding a grudge over Kennedy?

They are still misrepresenting the current laws and processes as they pertain to online and gun show purchases.
    I was responding to this line from your previous post.....

Oswald had his shipped to his home without a background check, but that loophole has been closed for awhile, so you are correct. Sorry, if I didn't make that clear.
    airslot likes this.
    Simplistic solutions to complex problems seldom produce satisfying results.

VIP Member

I think what they mean by the "loopholes" is the person to person transaction ought to be illegal and that all sales should have to go through an FFL. At least those who understand the current law. The problem is, most don't understand the current laws and regulations and merely parrot back what theyv'e heard. Garbage in, garbage out. Saw recently Elizabeth Warren stated if she is elected president she will ban bump stocks on day 1. Note to Fauxcahontas: The bump stock ban went into effect 26 March 2019. This is a classic example of bleating on about something she knows nothing about.
    airslot, msgt/ret, Havok and 1 others like this.
    "The best we can hope for concerning the people at large is that they be properly armed." Alexander Hamilton

Patron Life Member NRA
    SAF - CCRKBA
    NAGR / GOA
    TFA-LAC / Save the 2A
    Handgunlaw.us Donor

Quote Originally Posted by PhaedrusIV View Post
    Stated another way: THEY LIE !!!
    This^!!

When I have told people that you cant buy guns online without a background check, I have had a couple people back peddle on the subject and try to tell me that buying something that someone lists on armslist, or where ever, and meeting that person in a parking lot is considered an online transaction. That is just them playing dumb hoping to not get called out for their lies. Buying a gun in that manner is no different than me looking on Targets website to see if they sell a product, then going to their store and buying it, yet nobody would ever consider that an online purchase.
    PhaedrusIV, airslot and msgt/ret like this.
    We get the government we deserve.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Sponsored Links