New NRA Video

New NRA Video

This is a discussion on New NRA Video within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; This just showed up in my inbox, as it probably did for a lot of you. I thought it was pretty good. It hits all ...

Like Tree12Likes
  • 3 Post By jmf552
  • 3 Post By spclopr8tr
  • 2 Post By 1942bull
  • 1 Post By SouthernBoyVA
  • 2 Post By Havok
  • 1 Post By StripesDude

Thread: New NRA Video

New NRA Video

This just showed up in my inbox, as it probably did for a lot of you. I thought it was pretty good. It hits all the high points and doesn't ask for money. A few shortcomings I think it has:
    • It only seems aimed at NRA members and potential members, not the general pubic.
    • It does not address the current internal NRA problems.
    • It vaguely supports some enhancement of background checks.
    • It vaguely supports people with mental health issues being prohibited from having guns, and does not refute the organization's standing position in favor of red flag laws.

But at least they are back to doing something.

Credit where credit is due: I will also say that in Virginia, they are pushing people to attend the Crime Commission hearings on gun control at the capital starting tomorrow. As big a fan as I am of the VCDL, I am disappointed they have not discussed these hearing much in their alerts. I have an email in to the president to see what the deal is.

Attack Squadron 65 "Tigers", USS Eisenhower '80 - '83, peackeeping w/Iran, Libya, Lebanon and E. Europe

VIP Member
    Probably Wayne's best video ever.
    "Stop being dangerous, and you become edible." William Aprill

Be careful what you put out there. The Universe is listening.

VIP Member
    It hit my in box, but when I saw the subject line (IMPORTANT MESSAGE from Wayne LaPierre), I figured it was another "send us more money or you are going to lose your second amendment rights" emails and deleted it without opening. It contains the same video as posted above. It is a good video, but too long for anything but internet viewing.

I'm glad to see they have apparently found a replacement for AcMac. Nice suit. I wonder how much we NRA members paid for it.
    "The best we can hope for concerning the people at large is that they be properly armed." Alexander Hamilton

Patron Life Member NRA
    SAF - CCRKBA
    NAGR / GOA
    TFA-LAC / Save the 2A
    Handgunlaw.us Donor

4. Remove Advertisements
    DefensiveCarry.com
    Advertisements

Ex Member
    OMG!!! After waiting the near ten years since I dropped my NRA membership they have begun to change. No more Dana the Dangerous insulting my sensibilies and simply trying to stir up anger. No more ******* slogans about cold, dead hands. What I saw was a rational appeal with no anger coupled with an evidence based rational appeal and to the common man as opposed to the fear message from the ultra wealthy. If they keep this up and do just one more ad like this one, I will join.
    Mike1956 and GeorgeandSugar like this.

Quote Originally Posted by 1942bull View Post
    OMG!!! After waiting the near ten years since I dropped my NRA membership they have begun to change. No more Dana the Dangerous insulting my sensibilies and simply trying to stir up anger. No more ******* slogans about cold, dead hands. What I saw was a rational appeal with no anger coupled with an evidence based rational appeal and to the common man as opposed to the fear message from the ultra wealthy. If they keep this up and do just one more ad like this one, I will join.
    Well I kinda liked Mr. Heston's comment about "from my cold dead hands". After all, that's pretty much what we told the British 244 years ago. Why not remind our current employee servants the same thing?
    OD* likes this.
    In the final seconds of your life, just before your killer is about to dispatch you to that great eternal darkness, what would you rather have in your hand? A cell phone or a gun?

America First!

The video looks good on the surface, but they still need to get rid of wayne and try to earn back the trust of gun owners.
    StripesDude and spclopr8tr like this.
    We get the government we deserve.

Distinguished Member Array StripesDude's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by spclopr8tr View Post
    Nice suit. I wonder how much we NRA members paid for it.
    My guess is about $7k. Custom shirt another $500 or so, and another $200 for a designer tie and $700 for some shoes.
    spclopr8tr likes this.

Sponsored Links