Arrested for having multiple guns - Page 2

Arrested for having multiple guns

This is a discussion on Arrested for having multiple guns within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Originally Posted by graydude Can you be more specific? Police say Broesche also had an outstanding warrant for his arrest in Harris County." Add that ...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree104Likes

Thread: Arrested for having multiple guns

Senior Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by graydude View Post
    Can you be more specific?
    Police say Broesche also had an outstanding warrant for his arrest in Harris County." Add that he left an AR and 30 round mag unattended in a public park where I'm assuming there isn't a shooting range and probably no hunting allowed.
    Noting this part of the article;

In Texas, you can openly carry guns in public, but there are rules.

If you’re carrying long guns and rifles, it must be done in a safe, non-threatening manner. You don’t need a license.

For a handgun, you can carry it openly, but you need a license. Handguns must be carried in a shoulder or belt holster.

I think the issue was two fold. First, he did have a warrant, and secondly, he left weapons unattended in the park.

That's all I have, if there happens to be a follow-up article, we'll see what charges actually stick.
    Pete63, BamaT, OldVet and 1 others like this.
    Proverbs 27:12 says: “The prudent see danger and take refuge, but the simple keep going and suffer for it.”

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by graydude View Post
    Can you be more specific?

I read the OP, then I read the article, and honestly I don't see what the issue is.

The man wasn't arrested for having multiple guns. The article states "Broesche was taken into custody and charged with two counts of unlicensed carrying of a weapon for a pistol and a baton found in his possession. Police say Broesche also had an outstanding warrant for his arrest in Harris County." Add that he left an AR and 30 round mag unattended in a public park where I'm assuming there isn't a shooting range and probably no hunting allowed.

Should the cops have left this guy alone with no actions taken? I don't understand how arresting this guy is an issue.
    I've been by that park twenty times (if not more), & there's NO shooting range around, & as to hunting, AIN'T NO HUNTING going on miles from there!
    Rock and Glock and baren like this.
    NRA Benefactor Life Member
    Live Well, Laugh Often, Defend Yourself
    Nemo Me Impune Lacessit
    This land abounds in ruffians and varmints. Their numbers are legion, their evil skills commensurate.

Quote Originally Posted by kukla View Post
    this is where "red flag laws" is going to take us.
    On the surface red flag laws would seem to be a good idea, but there’s no doubt in my mind about the abuse that will occur.
    baren likes this.
    NRA Life Member

4. Remove Advertisements
    DefensiveCarry.com
    Advertisements

Senior Member Array CreedDryrot's Avatar
    So the guy was arrested for having a warrant.

Good.
    baren likes this.

Sounds like a good arrest to me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Distinguished Member Array Novarider's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by GpTom View Post
    Another good reason why it isn't smart to advertise that you have a gun. Nearly everyday I see where people are arrested because somebody told the police that they have guns. The headline in the news is usually-------arrested for having multiple guns. It looks like all somebody have to do is to see you with a gun and call the police and they can get a search warrant and search your home for weapons.

I don't know how many guns you have to have to be considered a danger to society. One guy in Texas got out of his car at a park and people saw that he had a handgun so they called the police who nabbed him for having a handgun, extra magazine, two knives and a baton. He also had black gloves so maybe that is really what tipped those people off that he was a potential serial killer. Nobody in their right mind has black gloves. He led them to an AR-15 with a 30 round magazine.

So I'm thinking that basically somebody actually only saw a guy with one gun and said "WOW I'M SCARED" because they saw a gun. It looks like there must be a law against having more than one gun and several boxes of ammo. Or maybe it is the combination of a gun and a knife. Or a baton and black gloves. Probably the extra magazine-- why would anybody need to carry an extra magazine?
    I wear black leather gloves in the winter. Does that make me a serial killer?

How about the black rubber gloves I use when working on cars? I carry some of those in my car for emergencies. Do you draw the same serial killer conclusion for me since I have a gun and black gloves in my car?

If I were to break down and I pulled into a parking lot to try to fix my car I'd have on those black rubber gloves and a gun would be on my hip. Should I be MWAG'd?
    GpTom likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by RETSUPT99 View Post
    Noting this part of the article;

In Texas, you can openly carry guns in public, but there are rules.

If you’re carrying long guns and rifles, it must be done in a safe, non-threatening manner. You don’t need a license.

For a handgun, you can carry it openly, but you need a license. Handguns must be carried in a shoulder or belt holster.

I think the issue was two fold. First, he did have a warrant, and secondly, he left weapons unattended in the park.

That's all I have, if there happens to be a follow-up article, we'll see what charges actually stick.
    So my shorts and argyle sock holster is a no-go in TX? The nerve!
    RETSUPT99 and baren like this.
    Retired USAF E-8. Curmudgeon on the loose.
    Lighten up and enjoy life because:
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your life it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... Buffalo Springfield - For What It's Worth

Distinguished Member
    Police did a good job. The perp was carrying unlicensed guns and had an outstanding warrant. Did not read anything about having too many guns as reason for arrest. As for responding to a man with a gun call, I say better safe than sorry in this day and age. Precaution can save lives and can be done properly as in this case.
    USMC 9/59 through 9/69
    Vietnam June ‘66 to February ‘68
    MOS: 4641, Combat Photographer

Memberships:
    Gun Owners of America
    Second Amendment Foundation
    Pennsylvania Firearms Owners Against Crime

I'm starting a forum for people that have NO GUNS, but like talking about them.
    I suggest that we all join
    M1911A1 and BamaT like this.

Distinguished Member Array kukla's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by BamaT View Post
    On the surface red flag laws would seem to be a good idea, but there’s no doubt in my mind about the abuse that will occur.
    .................and abuse WILL occur.
    problem is, people will use this vindictively after any kind of heated argument or disagreement.
    this is yet another reason to keep your stuff private.
    ...........but you can't always do that with a girlfriend, boyfriend, wife, husband.
    and what about the people making the decision to seize the gun?
    liberal judge, police chief, commissioner, prosecutor?
    who, and on what basis, ultimately makes that decision?
    BamaT and baren like this.
    "I plan ahead. That way, I don't have to do anything right now!"

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ShooterGranny View Post
    How many guns? One of our friends has an enormous safe. He might have more than one safe, but that is the one we saw one day when we were at his house and he went to the safe to get one out to show us. When asked how many guns he has he always replies: "More than one" - no matter who asks, no exceptions.
    My answer is "I don't know how many guns I have. I've never counted them." Am I the only person on this forum who can't say exactly how many guns I have? I have an inventory, but I've never counted the guns on it either, much less each gun in the safe and house.
    CWOUSCG and BamaT like this.
    "The best we can hope for concerning the people at large is that they be properly armed." Alexander Hamilton

Patron Life Member NRA
    SAF - CCRKBA
    NAGR / GOA
    TFA-LAC / Save the 2A
    Handgunlaw.us Donor

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by spclopr8tr View Post
    My answer is "I don't know how many guns I have. I've never counted them." Am I the only person on this forum who can't say exactly how many guns I have? I have an inventory, but I've never counted the guns on it either, much less each gun in the safe and house.
    If you put that inventory on a spreadsheet (like Excel type) it will count them for you. That is, if you use one line per gun.

Or perhaps you really do not want to know (for spousal reasons?)
    Getting old was not on my list of "things to do" in the Golden Years!

==================
    Talking to each other here is good, but taking action is better.

Quote Originally Posted by kukla View Post
    this is where "red flag laws" is going to take us.
    This is why they want red Flag laws. And they will apply it.

Dianne Feinstein:
    "All vets are mentally ill in some way and government should prevent them from owning firearms."

Followed by head of DHS. Veterans are the biggest treat to America . And not 1 liberal disagreed and the statement to this stands.
    Yes Taurus really does suck. But in fairness they sure turned it around fast on warranty repair. Time will tell

Quote Originally Posted by 1942bull View Post
    Police did a good job. The perp was carrying unlicensed guns and had an outstanding warrant. Did not read anything about having too many guns as reason for arrest. As for responding to a man with a gun call, I say better safe than sorry in this day and age. Precaution can save lives and can be done properly as in this case.
    TX doesn't license guns.
    OldChap and baren like this.

Send bachelors and come heavily armed.

Black Rifles Matter

Distinguished Member
    Quote Originally Posted by CWOUSCG View Post
    TX doesn't license guns.
    Indeed, it was poor writing on my part. I think this quote fro the article make it clearer than I did.

[QUOTE]In Texas, you can openly carry guns in public, but there are rules.

For a handgun, you can carry it openly, but you need a license. Handguns must be carried in a shoulder or belt holster./QUOTE]
    USMC 9/59 through 9/69
    Vietnam June ‘66 to February ‘68
    MOS: 4641, Combat Photographer

Memberships:
    Gun Owners of America
    Second Amendment Foundation
    Pennsylvania Firearms Owners Against Crime

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Sponsored Links