Arrested for having multiple guns - Page 3

Arrested for having multiple guns

This is a discussion on Arrested for having multiple guns within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Originally Posted by 1942bull Indeed, it was poor writing on my part. I think this quote fro the article make it clearer than I did. ...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
Like Tree104Likes

Thread: Arrested for having multiple guns

Quote Originally Posted by 1942bull View Post
    Indeed, it was poor writing on my part. I think this quote fro the article make it clearer than I did.

In Texas, you can openly carry guns in public, but there are rules.

If you’re carrying long guns and rifles, it must be done in a safe, non-threatening manner. You don’t need a license.

For a handgun, you can carry it openly, but you need a license. Handguns must be carried in a shoulder or belt holster.
    I pointed that out as I don't know if you license handguns in PA. I don't think so but I don't know for a fact.
    Last edited by OD*; August 22nd, 2019 at 08:35 AM. Reason: Repair quote
    GpTom likes this.

Send bachelors and come heavily armed.

Black Rifles Matter

Can we say this guy is not all there.
    OD*, BamaT and baren like this.
    Marine Corps 75-79
    NRA
    Florida Carry
    CCW SAFE
    Colt, Sig, S&W, Browning, Remington

Distinguished Member
    Quote Originally Posted by 1942bull View Post
    Indeed, it was poor writing on my part. I think this quote fro the article make it clearer than I did.

Quote Originally Posted by CWOUSCG View Post
    I pointed that out as I don't know if you license handguns in PA. I don't think so but I don't know for a fact.

It was a good clarification that you made. Details matter, of course a CWO knows that better than many. PA does not license firearms. It issued licensees to carry which apply to concealed carry. OC is legal here with no license required except in Philly, which was a purely political appeasement operation decades ago.
    Last edited by OD*; August 22nd, 2019 at 08:37 AM. Reason: Repair quote
    CWOUSCG and baren like this.
    USMC 9/59 through 9/69
    Vietnam June ‘66 to February ‘68
    MOS: 4641, Combat Photographer

Memberships:
    Gun Owners of America
    Second Amendment Foundation
    Pennsylvania Firearms Owners Against Crime

4. Remove Advertisements
    DefensiveCarry.com
    Advertisements

In Oregon you can have as many guns as you want if you have a CCW permit my kid gives me sh!! because I might have more than one when we head out somewhere

Senior Member Array Double Naught Spy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by GpTom View Post
    Arrested for having multiple guns

Another good reason why it isn't smart to advertise that you have a gun. Nearly everyday I see where people are arrested because somebody told the police that they have guns. The headline in the news is usually-------arrested for having multiple guns. It looks like all somebody have to do is to see you with a gun and call the police and they can get a search warrant and search your home for weapons.

I don't know how many guns you have to have to be considered a danger to society. One guy in Texas got out of his car at a park and people saw that he had a handgun so they called the police who nabbed him for having a handgun, extra magazine, two knives and a baton. He also had black gloves so maybe that is really what tipped those people off that he was a potential serial killer. Nobody in their right mind has black gloves. He led them to an AR-15 with a 30 round magazine.

So I'm thinking that basically somebody actually only saw a guy with one gun and said "WOW I'M SCARED" because they saw a gun. It looks like there must be a law against having more than one gun and several boxes of ammo. Or maybe it is the combination of a gun and a knife. Or a baton and black gloves. Probably the extra magazine-- why would anybody need to carry an extra magazine?
    The funny thing was, he wasn't arrested for having multiple guns. There was no such charge made and no law along those lines. That may be the headline in the news, but that wasn't the actual issue.

Broesche was charged with deadly conduct and two counts of unlicensed carrying of a weapon for the pistol and the club/baton.
    https://cbsaustin.com/news/local/aff...round-magazine
    OldVet and baren like this.
    Considering yourself to be defenseless is the first administrative step to becoming a victim.

Distinguished Member Array GpTom's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Double Naught Spy View Post
    The funny thing was, he wasn't arrested for having multiple guns. There was no such charge made and no law along those lines. That may be the headline in the news, but that wasn't the actual issue.

Broesche was charged with deadly conduct and two counts of unlicensed carrying of a weapon for the pistol and the club/baton.
    https://cbsaustin.com/news/local/aff...round-magazine
    You are right I quoted the wrong case to make my point. The point I was trying to make is that a lot of people think that there is a limit on the number of guns that we are allowed to have. I have seen several stories where they say that people are being arrested for having large numbers of guns and ammo in their homes. I really need to think more about how to express what I want to say.
    CreedDryrot and baren like this.

Distinguished Member Array GpTom's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Novarider View Post
    I wear black leather gloves in the winter. Does that make me a serial killer?

How about the black rubber gloves I use when working on cars? I carry some of those in my car for emergencies. Do you draw the same serial killer conclusion for me since I have a gun and black gloves in my car?

If I were to break down and I pulled into a parking lot to try to fix my car I'd have on those black rubber gloves and a gun would be on my hip. Should I be MWAG'd?
    I was being sarcastic about the gloves because I saw it on the list of dangerous items that the guy had in his possession. The guy had a motor vehicle too and they didn't list it so I figured that they were trying to make some kind of point about the gloves.
    Something else that bothers me when I see it in the news is when they point out when some nut is a Trump supporter. There are hundreds of other nuts doing violent things and they don't point out their political views and we will never know who they support.
    Novarider and baren like this.

Senior Member Array CreedDryrot's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by GpTom View Post
    You are right I quoted the wrong case to make my point. The point I was trying to make is that a lot of people think that there is a limit on the number of guns that we are allowed to have. I have seen several stories where they say that people are being arrested for having large numbers of guns and ammo in their homes. I really need to think more about how to express what I want to say.
    This is a pet peeve of mine, too. Especially when they talk about "thousands of rounds of ammunition". In the last week or so I was reading an article where someone had "dozens of rounds of ammunition". So, they had a box?
    BamaT and baren like this.

Quote Originally Posted by CreedDryrot View Post
    This is a pet peeve of mine, too. Especially when they talk about "thousands of rounds of ammunition". In the last week or so I was reading an article where someone had "dozens of rounds of ammunition". So, they had a box?
    That's right, if you must carry the liberals would prefer you do it Barney Fife style, with one bullet that you carry in your shirt pocket, anything more and you're a ticking mass murdering time bomb
    baren likes this.

Police arrested a criminal who was caught in the act and also had an active warrant.
    This is exactly the kind of policing we are asking for! Instead of passing new laws we all say enforce the existing ones first. Here existing laws are being enforced and a bad guy is off the street. This is good thing for us.
    OldChap and baren like this.
    Infowars- Proving David Hannum right on a daily basis

Quote Originally Posted by dangerranger View Post
    New Mexico is the only western state that I know of that makes it illegal to conceal more than one gun. I think there is more to this story! DR
    I was wandering around New Mexico for several days last fall without realizing they had such a restriction. Fortunately, nothing untoward happened as a result before my wife, who was looking at NM gun laws as we drove, happened to mention, “oh, it appears one may carry as many firearms on their person as they wish in this state but only one may be concealed...”
    dangerranger likes this.

There is no limit to the number of guns you can own in my state, other than your funds and the space in which to keep them.*

* We don't have mandatory storage requirements here, either.
    baren likes this.
    In the final seconds of your life, just before your killer is about to dispatch you to that great eternal darkness, what would you rather have in your hand? A cell phone or a gun?

America First!

Quote Originally Posted by JonathanG View Post
    I was wandering around New Mexico for several days last fall without realizing they had such a restriction. Fortunately, nothing untoward happened as a result before my wife, who was looking at NM gun laws as we drove, happened to mention, “oh, it appears one may carry as many firearms on their person as they wish in this state but only one may be concealed...”
    The other thing you have to be very careful about is crossing Indian Reservations. You are OK on US highways but if you stop for any reason you are now subject to tribal law. And they take a dim view of you bringing a gun into their home!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Sponsored Links