And so it begins... - Page 2

And so it begins...

This is a discussion on And so it begins... within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; From my time working around FBI agents and understanding what kind of animals they have as Supervisory Agents in big cities, I would expect the ...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree124Likes

Thread: And so it begins...

From my time working around FBI agents and understanding what kind of animals they have as Supervisory Agents in big cities, I would expect the FBI probably had nothing whatsoever to do with this. In my experience, it is a minor miracle when they can find the right address to respond to.

And you guys know that no federal prosecutor would ever walk into a federal courtroom trying to prosecute someone for a state law. They have enough problems with federal judges threatening them with contempt as it is.

just my opinions having closely observed the critters in question.
    "The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has limits."

Quote Originally Posted by spclopr8tr View Post
    I fear we are going to be seeing more and more of this.

Are they going to start going after "arsenals" of conservative gun collectors next? Clearly they are mental if they have more than a rifle, shotgun, and revolver.
    When you watch "mainstream" news they think 1,000 rounds are some kind of massive "stockpile".

I see a lot of smoke in this thread. We all really need to step back, take a breath and get all the story before going off "half cocked". This is a quote from this story from the newspaper in the area: "Kohfield, who spoke with The Oregonian/OregonLive, suffers from bipolar disorder and post-traumatic stress disorder, medical records show." This is not heresay. This is a link to the story. https://www.oregonlive.com/news/2019...guns-away.html
    I think he said things that were not well thought out and in writing the letter to the congressman brought light upon himself. Those of us not in the medical profession may not appreciate the degree of unpredictability of behavior of both of those disorders. This unpredictability is well known to those of us who have spent time in th emergency room. He did make fairly specific threats about Antifa. I think that most of us abhor the masked violence of this particular group but I also think we must remember the the basic title of this forum. Defensive Carry. I do not like the red flag laws in general because I think they can be hugely misused. I don't know about the FBI involvement here except they may have been involved because of the letter to the legislator. OK...carry on....I have my head down.
    100% of home invasions occur......in someone's home.....usually without warning.

4. Remove Advertisements
    DefensiveCarry.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Bad Bob View Post
    They generally do not have the jurisdiction to enforce state laws. Something VERY fishy.
    That's what I thought. Thanks.
    In the final seconds of your life, just before your killer is about to dispatch you to that great eternal darkness, what would you rather have in your hand? A cell phone or a gun?

America First!

Annnddd.....

He was also a little bit antagonistic. It's likely he's only voicing what many people think, but honestly ..... why announce that you would slaughter anyone? Should the situation arise wouldn't the element of surprise be more in your favor if you didn't provide warning? Yes his free speech (1A), his right to defend himself (2A), and his right to due process (4A) have been stomped on. But shouldn't anyone be cautious in how they voice things and the things they voice in specific climates? You can't yell fire in a crowded theater and you shouldn't yell "Hi Jack" in a crowded TSA line.

Poor choice of words. Should not have cost him what it did, but a poor choice of words.
    forester58 and M1911A1 like this.
    Retired USAF E9
    I'm in favor of gun control -- I think every citizen should have control of a gun.
    1 Thess. 5:16-18

Regardless of what he said, its nothing worse than the ACTIONS that groups like antifa have already demonstrated.

And ironically, this is much more of a direct attack on 1A rights than 2A, and the ones such as the press who have as much stale in it as anyone, seem to marching right in to their own demise by their coverage of these occurrences.

One day, they will wake up and understand that they have been their own worst enemy.

This is roght out of the Minority Report movie script.
    " Blessed is that man, who when facing death, thinks only of his front sight.
    -Jeff Cooper

Looking around doesnt cost you anything; and its a healthy habit
    -Joe Foss

Distinguished Member Array NECCdude's Avatar
    Sounds like they should shut down this forum. What you post could very well be misunderstood or get a negative spin resulting in a "red flag". Yep, freedom of speech is on its way out along with the 2A. There needs to be court challenges to red flag laws and there probably will be - as long as the money holds out (insurance policies to defend against red flag laws?).
    Member NRA, SAF, GOA, NFOA, USCCA

Microwave radio technicians are fully deviated.

I'm no fan of Antifa or Red Flag Laws.

But this guy got what he deserved. He made threats and this is what he got. The quote and especially the bolded is what got him

If Antifa gets to the point where they start killing us, Im going to kill them next," Kohfield told a crowd, according to the Oregonian. Id slaughter them, and I have a detailed plan on how I would wipe out Antifa.
    Doghandler likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by entertainment72 View Post

But this guy got what he deserved. He made threats and this is what he got. The quote and especially the bolded is what got him
    So those words are good enough for you to have someone take your rights away? I guess I do not get that thinking...its just WORDS. Maybe saying things will get you noticed and checked out but, taking your right to self defense? He was referring to self defense and not talking about starting something unprovoked.
    CWOUSCG, NECCdude, OD* and 1 others like this.

Please. Theres a big difference between being a blowhard and making a credible threat. This was not a credible threat.
    Mike1956, M1911A1, baren and 1 others like this.

Send bachelors and come heavily armed.

Black Rifles Matter

Quote Originally Posted by CWOUSCG View Post
    Please. Theres a big difference between being a blowhard and making a credible threat. This was not a credible threat.
    I would like to agree with you, but considering this fellow's emotional/medical diagnoses, peeling credibility out of it is really tough. Almost every mass shooter in the last two or three years was carrying some kind of medical emotional diagnosis and on meds. This man would be even worse if he is not on meds.
    100% of home invasions occur......in someone's home.....usually without warning.

VIP Member
    You pretty much nailed it in one right there. Neither specific, actual nor credible. It was a hypothetical response to a hypothetical threat.
    NECCdude, OD*, baren and 1 others like this.
    "Stop being dangerous, and you become edible." William Aprill

"Slaves, enjoy your freedom." Chuck Klosterman

Quote Originally Posted by forester58 View Post
    So those words are good enough for you to have someone take your rights away?
    yes

I'm betting if that same threat had been delivered by a member of Antifa and not a veteran you would think it is enough to take action on.

Maybe diagnosed manic depressives with PTSD shouldn't be making any kind of threat...

yes

I'm betting if that same threat had been delivered by a member of Antifa and not a veteran you would think it is enough to take action on.
    No I would not.
    Mike1956 and CWOUSCG like this.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Sponsored Links