And so it begins...

And so it begins...

This is a discussion on And so it begins... within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; https://www.foxnews.com/us/former-ma...-antifa-report Goodbye 1A and 2A. Oregon is just another communist wasteland. I have a son who lives there but, he has to come here to ...

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree124Likes

Thread: And so it begins...

And so it begins...

https://www.foxnews.com/us/former-ma...-antifa-report

Goodbye 1A and 2A. Oregon is just another communist wasteland. I have a son who lives there but, he has to come here to visit as I will no longer set foot in any of the left coast s.......holes.

Antifa is a protected class in Oregon so watch your back if you have to be there.
    CG11, OD*, baren and 1 others like this.

VIP Member
    I still have relatives there as well. My wife and I got out 3 years ago and never looked back. Have to make a trip there this month and not looking forward to it. Will certainly avoid Portland. What a waste.....
    forester58 likes this.
    "Once that bell rings, you're on your own. It's just you and the other guy. - Joe Lewis

Im not obsessive about cleaning my guns. I like them like my martinis and my women....a little dirty.....

Member: GOA, SAF

Agree about I-5 corridor (Seattle, Portland, etc), but this guy may not be the poster child of leftist oppression either. If he was committed to a VA hospital for 20 days there's more to this.
    Ride hard, shoot straight, always speak the truth

4. Remove Advertisements
    DefensiveCarry.com
    Advertisements

Have to ask... How the hell does the FBI have any such jurisdiction in these matters? Isn't this a state concern?
    In the final seconds of your life, just before your killer is about to dispatch you to that great eternal darkness, what would you rather have in your hand? A cell phone or a gun?

America First!

Quote Originally Posted by SouthernBoyVA View Post
    Have to ask... How the hell does the FBI have any such jurisdiction in these matters? Isn't this a state concern?
    I had to wonder about that myself. Maybe the guy was already being watched? Why would a Federal agency have to use a State law?
    Bad Bob likes this.

Sad day in America.
    Bad Bob, OldChap, baren and 1 others like this.
    "Don't drive your truck when you're all jacked up..." Gretchen Wilson
    2% of the U.S. population thinks the Cold War was caused by climate change

Quote Originally Posted by G26Raven View Post
    Sad day in America.
    Yes it is.
    In the final seconds of your life, just before your killer is about to dispatch you to that great eternal darkness, what would you rather have in your hand? A cell phone or a gun?

America First!

Quote Originally Posted by forester58 View Post
    I had to wonder about that myself. Maybe the guy was already being watched?
    Maybe you're right about this. It would have to be something like this for the FBI to be involved.

America First!

https://www.foxnews.com/us/former-ma...-antifa-report

Goodbye 1A and 2A. Oregon is just another communist wasteland. I have a son who lives there but, he has to come here to visit as I will no longer set foot in any of the left coast s.......holes.

Antifa is a protected class in Oregon so watch your back if you have to be there.
    What alarms me is that he was not issuing an unqualified threat, he was stating that if he was attacked what he would do. That is a pure overuse of what red flag laws were intended for, on the surface anyway. But I fear it is the real intent all along.

If the NRA ever gets rid of the current CEO and gets someone who wants to fight for our rights as they are supposed too.........
    A man has got to know his limitations.

In a world of snowflakes, be a torch.

I had to wonder about that myself. Maybe the guy was already being watched? Why would a Federal agency have to use a State law?
    They generally do not have the jurisdiction to enforce state laws. Something VERY fishy.
    A man has got to know his limitations.

In a world of snowflakes, be a torch.

Senior Member Array KILTED COWBOY's Avatar
    Civil War is getting closer by the day.
    Hope the FBI is not reading this or Im next
    forester58 and The Old Anglo like this.

VIP Member
    I fear we are going to be seeing more and more of this.

Are they going to start going after "arsenals" of conservative gun collectors next? Clearly they are mental if they have more than a rifle, shotgun, and revolver.
    forester58 and baren like this.
    "The best we can hope for concerning the people at large is that they be properly armed." Alexander Hamilton

Patron Life Member NRA
    SAF - CCRKBA
    NAGR / GOA
    TFA-LAC / Save the 2A
    Handgunlaw.us Donor

Distinguished Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bad Bob View Post
    What alarms me is that he was not issuing an unqualified threat, he was stating that if he was attacked what he would do. That is a pure overuse of what red flag laws were intended for, on the surface anyway. But I fear it is the real intent all along.

If the NRA ever gets rid of the current CEO and gets someone who wants to fight for our rights as they are supposed too.........
    I think the words he spoke that got him flagged were

If Antifa gets to the point where they start killing us, Im going to kill them next," Kohfield told a crowd, according to the Oregonian. Id slaughter them, and I have a detailed plan on how I would wipe out Antifa.

I looked unhinged, he told the newspaper. I looked dangerous and have the training to be dangerous.
    I am not attempting to justify the seizure or condemn his 1A speech. I am just saying that he did not exercise good judgement

The fact that the FBI was instrumental makes me think that it was watching him for a reason other than his immediate words.

That was

"You don't hurt them if you don't hit them." Lt. Gen. Lewis "Chesty" Puller, USMC Retired

USMC 9/59 through 9/69
    Vietnam June 66 to February 68
    MOS: 4641, Combat Photographer

Memberships:
    Gun Owners of America
    Second Amendment Foundation
    Pennsylvania Firearms Owners Against Crime

There is more to the story, he was on FBI radar for a while. Apparently he wrote a letter to my Congresscritter which was turned over to the FBI.

https://www.oregonlive.com/news/2019...guns-away.html

I, too, wonder how the FBI was able to use a state law to confiscate guns but I'm guessing this was a joint op with Clackamas sheriff and they were the ones who technically confiscated. IMO that was the lazy way to do it, there are already laws on the books to accomplish this with someone who is truly mentally ill.

Send bachelors and come heavily armed.

Black Rifles Matter

Not defending RFL in any way, but there is more to this than what's on the surface.
    graydude likes this.
    Be careful of people who brag about who they are - a lion will never have to tell you who he's a lion.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Sponsored Links