It never ends.
This is a discussion on And so it starts, new push to ban normal capacity magazines. within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Back when I was shooting High Power Competition one course of fire required 10 rounds in 60 seconds to include reload, I did it with ...
Back when I was shooting High Power Competition one course of fire required 10 rounds in 60 seconds to include reload, I did it with a ’03 Springfield and stripper clips. As usual a knee jerk we gotta do something reaction.
https://www.wral.com/high-capacity-m...urns/18607185/High-capacity magazines get new scrutiny as Congress returns
SEATTLE – Lawmakers around the country are making a renewed push to ban high-capacity magazines that gunmen have used in many recent massacres, allowing them to inflict mass casualties at a startling rate before police can stop the carnage.
Nine states have passed laws restricting magazine capacity to 10 to 15 bullets, and the Democratic-led U.S. House plans to consider a similar ban at the federal level in the coming weeks.
In arguing for the bans, politicians, experts and gun-control advocates point out that in the time it takes for a driver to wait through a stop light, a shooter with a 100-round magazine can kill and injure dozens of people.
The man who opened fire in Dayton, Ohio, last month killed nine people and injured 27 others in only 30 seconds, in part because of the 100-bullet drum attached to his rifle. It only took 85 seconds for a gunman to empty several 30-round magazines at an IHOP in Carson City, Nevada, killing four people and injuring 14 in 2011.
When you have to shoot, shoot. Don't talk.
"Don't forget, incoming fire has the right of way."
A 9MM MAY expand to .45 but a 45ACP will never shrink to 9MM.
It never ends.
"Stop being dangerous, and you become edible." William Aprill
"Slaves, enjoy your freedom." Chuck Klosterman
The prices on Hi Cap mags will spike again, and many, if they are outlawed by self serving, short sighted politicians, most will vacuum seal them and secret them away, waiting.....so their bans will come to nothing and they know it, so they will go for all semi auto rifles of all calibers, and then all semi auto weapons, period.
We cannot allow their lunacy to curb our freedoms...….
Fortune Favors the Bold!
Just picked up another G17 happy stick and four more 30 rd PMAGs on sale today. Guess I should've bought more.
Ride hard, shoot straight, always speak the truth
One little bite at a time.
Aut Pax Aut Bellum
1. One highly suspects that the shooters in all cases violated a whole lot of gun laws before and during the commission of their hideous crimes. This suggests that limits on magazine capacity have no meaning at all to them, other than their innocent quarry have reduced means of defense.
2. I seem to recall seeing somewhere in language of proposed legislation that the limits were on firearms capable of receiving high capacity magazines. (This of course means any firearm with a magazine well.) Watch for the antis to try to slip this one in.
and, taking the thread a bit sideways...
3. Where's the outrage and blame on the perps as well at the drugs (pushed and/or prescribed) that are so often involved?
4. Where's the blame and outrage when the perps' first crime was to be in the United States illegally or is acting out a terror strike?
Armed And Harmless
Never give in--never, never, never, never, in nothing great or small, large or petty, never give in except to convictions of honour and good sense. Never yield to force; never yield to the apparently overwhelming might of the enemy.
- - Sir Winston Churchill, 1941
Let’s hope they don’t figure out how quickly we can do a mag drop or we willbelooking at single shot firearms
Joe Biden said he wants to ban all magazines that hold multiple bullets.
May you be in Heaven before the Devil knows you're dead
So the bad guy is going to obey the mag limit when he goes out to kill people??? Those idiots are thinking with the other end.
Ohio does not need any more "high-capacity" magazine laws. The state banned mags w/ >39 rounds in them quite awhile ago.
See how effective laws are in preventing mass shootings?
Member: Orange Gunsite Family, NRA--Life, American Legion
"Laws are nothing more than guidelines for honest citizens to follow. Criminals care nothing for laws or their consequences, or the Police or Courts. Getting caught is nothing more to them than a minor inconvenience".--Me
The Parkland shooter purposely used 10 round mags for concealability.
Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
It's so ridiculous. Columbine gave the lie to this nonsense 20 years ago.
1. One shooter had a pistol with three high-capacity magazines, five years into the nationwide ban. This proves that passing a law does not make physical objects evaporate.
2. The other had a carbine that had only 10-round mags, and he fired almost twice as many rounds (96 vs 55). This proves that magazine capacity is meaningless in such a situation.
Only delusion or ignorance can explain the constant harping on magazine capacity.
"Lots of ways to help people. Sometimes heal patients; sometimes shoot dangerous people. Either way helps."
- Dr. Mordin Solus