Wal-Mart Announcements: Master Thread - Page 3

Wal-Mart Announcements: Master Thread

This is a discussion on Wal-Mart Announcements: Master Thread within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; No loss here....

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast
Like Tree302Likes

Thread: Wal-Mart Announcements: Master Thread

No loss here.

Walmart attempted again to balance customers who own guns and are "part of our customer base" with safety in stores, Dan Bartlett, Walmart executive vice president of corporate affairs, said on a call with reporters.

"We feel like we are striking a responsible balance between the interests of law-abiding citizens who are exercising their legal rights and the safety concerns of our associates and customers," he said.
    Nope, you are just pandering to the we gotta do sooooooooooooomthing crowd. Went to the Mt Olive atore and cleaned them out of WWB 45ACP 230ge JHP will check the Rosewood and Goldsboro stores tomorrow. The man ahead of me inline informed the cashier his family normally purchases $150+ in groceries from Wal-Mart each week, they just lost that business too I wonder how many more feel the same way.
    When you have to shoot, shoot. Don't talk.
    "Don't forget, incoming fire has the right of way."
    A 9MM MAY expand to .45 but a 45ACP will never shrink to 9MM.

I haven't bough a gun from Walmart in about fifteen years and they don't carry the ammo I prefer.
    Second Amendment: The difference between politicians and rulers.
    US Navy - US Army, Retired
    NRA Benefactor Life Member

4. Remove Advertisements
    DefensiveCarry.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Nmuskier View Post
    This belongs in 2A issues. Folks who are saying, "It doesn't affect me.", please join fight against creeping social end to the right to keep and bear arms.

It is the progressive pressure to erode firearm and shooting culture. The goal is zero guns and ammunition. Any step is a victory for progressivism and loss for liberty. I'm not an open carry person, but I'm reconsidering it. A nice carmel leather belt holster with my gov Kimber 1911. A neat full button shirt nd slacks. No labels or slogans.
    I find that, like nature, business adhores a vacuum. Where one business may drop a product, another's will pick it up. Where there is demand, there will be supply for one source or another. Personally, Walmart can go the way of Dicks. I would miss neither.
    Retired USAF E-8. Curmudgeon on the loose.
    Lighten up and enjoy life because:
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your life it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... Buffalo Springfield - For What It's Worth

SGammo is my ammo store. OK, it's an online store for me, but, just saying. I don't trade at Walmart anyway, but those clowns have moved into Domestic Enemy territory as far as I'm concerned.
    CWOUSCG likes this.
    "Arbitrary power is most easily established on the ruins of liberty abused to licentiousness." --George Washington

Never confuse illegal with immoral. Beware of those who do.
    "The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but the heart of the fool to the left." Ecclesiastes 10:2

Quote Originally Posted by scottync View Post
    No loss here.
    Maybe not directly, indirectly this will reduce exposure of non-gun people to ammo. If people see it at Walmart it's just stuff for sale; if they're never exposed to it it becomes something magical and only associated with gun weirdos.

This is a win for the antis, and not good for liberty.

-- break break --

And yes, I think that guy recently walking through Walmart open carrying an AR, whose actions led to a panicky manager setting of the fire alarm, an off duty "hero" holding him at gunpoint, and a time consuming (read: expensive) investigation by corporate directly led to this decision. It was an idiotic action, and with everything else going on Walmart felt the need to distance themselves from more buffoonery.

With rights comes responsibly; actions have consequences.
    Ride hard, shoot straight, always speak the truth

Distinguished Member Array StripesDude's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Novarider View Post
    They sell 20% of all ammo and they are willingly dropping that down to 6%? That's a ton of money lost for a political statement.
    The liberals will make up for that and then some with increased sales of Kashi and that new fake meat crap.
    LimaCharlie and ddrew like this.

Distinguished Member Array Novarider's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by StripesDude View Post
    The liberals will make up for that and then some with increased sales of Kashi and that new fake meat crap.
    Doubtful. Those types of people shop at whole foods not walmart
    TimBob and Merovius like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Nmuskier View Post
    This belongs in 2A issues. Folks who are saying, "It doesn't affect me.", please join fight against creeping social end to the right to keep and bear arms.

It is the progressive pressure to erode firearm and shooting culture. The goal is zero guns and ammunition. Any step is a victory for progressivism and loss for liberty.
    This is true. Unfortunately our side has a tendency to ignore such fine points, vilify those who disagree with them, and conflate gun issues with unrelated topics. Perhaps no more so than anyone else, but I don't think we can afford to make ourselves into pariahs. Alone of Constitutional rights, the 2A requires a constant supply of manufactured goods, and that supply is an easy target.
    graydude, Nmuskier and Merovius like this.
    "Lots of ways to help people. Sometimes heal patients; sometimes shoot dangerous people. Either way helps."
    - Dr. Mordin Solus

Quote Originally Posted by Cornhusker95 View Post
    In the soda aisle none the less.
    But it was DIET SODA
    Aut Pax Aut Bellum

Well Wal Mart... I usually spend at least $200 per week at Wal Mart and give away quarters to the parents of small children so the kids can enjoy the mechanical horse in the lobby.

And while I support your private property right to have a no open carry policy/rule I will be exercising my freedom to shop elsewhere henceforth.

Or you can rethink that no open carry policy/rule. Think of the children!
    Character is doing the right thing when nobody's looking. There are too many people who think that the only thing that's right is to get by, and the only thing that's wrong is to get caught. ~J.C. Watts

WM is the least expensive place to buy ammo locally. They get a ton of business in the ammo/gun dept here. I usually have to wait 15 minutes or more for ammo. Longer than if I were buying any thing else.
    Aut Pax Aut Bellum

NEVER bought ammo from them, and now I guess I never will....I WILL however, CONTINUE to carry in their Stores....Conceal carry as I always did.. Be ready, Be Safe!
    msgt/ret likes this.
    Why Waltz when you can Rock-N-Roll

Lead Moderator

Walmart has partnered with Michael Bloomberg...

I just received this from the Tennessee Firearms Association...

September 3, 2019

WalMart “partners” with Everytown for Gun Safety and Michael Bloomberg to advance gun ban agenda

Tennessee Firearms Association wants to make sure all gun owners and all 600,000+ handgun permit holders in Tennessee are aware of Walmart’s increasing anti-gun stance on your capacity to exercise the right to keep and bear arms which is protected by the United States Constitution.

Even worse — if that is possible — all gun owners should know that WalMart has openly stated that it is now in “partnership” on gun control issues with Everytown for Gun Safety which appears to be one of Michael Bloomberg’s “shell” gun control entities that pushes for sweeping gun bans and Red Flag laws!

At one time, Walmart was seen as a truly “American” store that had no hesitation in supporting your Second Amendment rights. That seems to have eroded as Walmart increasingly adopts policies designed specifically to make it harder for Americans to purchase firearms, to purchase ammunition, to purchase firearms accessories, and even to carry in its stores.

Walmart now proudly proclaims on its own website that it is a “charter member” of the “Responsible Firearms Retailer Partnership” which was co-formed by WalMart, “Everytown for Gun Safety” and Michael Bloomberg’s “Mayors Against Illegal Guns” See, https://corporate.walmart.com/policies

WalMart knows or should know that “Everytown for Gun Safety is an American nonprofit organization which advocates for gun control and against gun violence. Everytown was founded in 2006, combining Mayors Against Illegal Guns and Moms Demand Action for Gun Sense in America. Everytown for Gun Safety is largely financed by Michael Bloomberg, who also founded the group.” See, https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Everytown_for_Gun_Safety Evertown for Gun Safety is supporting gun control, gun bans, and Red Flag laws across the nation.

So, what is WalMart telling Americans? It is saying it is now in partnership with the gun control fanatic — Michael Bloomberg — and the various corporate shells that he apparently creates to hide his participation in the gun control and gun abatement movement from the public.

WalMart announced on September 3, 2019, an expansion of its anti-gun policies that it has apparently partnered with Michael Bloomberg’s corporate shells to fashion and continuously evolve in an effort to make it harder for Americans to own firearms and acquire ammunition.

WalMart policies largely ban many sporting rifles from being sold in its stores including the immensely popular AR15 and AK47 sporting semi-automatics. WalMart is discontinuing the sale of handguns entirely. It is discontinuing the sale of “high capacity” magazines and certain firearms accessories. It is prohibiting its online retailers from offering these items. It has raised the age to purchase firearms and ammunition in its stores to age 21. It does not sale on a “conditional proceed” background check even though state and federal law allows it. It has already done several of these things.

As of September 3, 2019, it has also announced the following policies which sound not surprisingly to be right out of Everytown and Michael Bloomberg’s likely playbook of ‘how to destroy a constitutional right.’ These policy additions now include:
    • WalMart will no longer sell handgun ammunition at all
    • WalMart will no longer sell ammunition for “short-barrel” rifles including ammunition in calibers.223 and 5.56.
    • WalMart will no longer sell ammunition such as .300 Blackout, 7.62×39 and .224 Valkyrie.
    • WalMart no longer wants citizens who can legally carry in the respective states to carry in their stores if they carry openly.

Tennessee Firearms Association urges gun owners in Tennessee and elsewhere to seriously consider whether your retail dollars should be spent to the profit of WalMart’s increasing gun control agenda and its partnership with individuals and organizations that promote gun control, gun bans, and Red Flag laws. Citizens can and should avoid shopping at retail merchants who openly adopt policies that are knowingly implemented to impair the full and free exercise of rights — real rights — that are actually contained in and protected by the state and federal constitutions.
    We don't have a gun problem in the US, We have a people problem.
    The problem we have is people that want to kill large numbers innocent people
    in Gun Free Zones.

I'm going to walmart for just one reason tonight, to see if they marked the ammo down. If they did, good on me, if they didn't, Ill probably only be back in their produce department. Sports goods has nothing now.

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links