Wal-Mart Announcements: Master Thread - Page 5

Wal-Mart Announcements: Master Thread

This is a discussion on Wal-Mart Announcements: Master Thread within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; ...

Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast
Like Tree302Likes

Thread: Wal-Mart Announcements: Master Thread

Wal-Mart Announcements:  Master Thread-how-stop-mass-shooting.jpg
    M1911A1, since9, TimBob and 7 others like this.
    Monte

"I'll huff and I'll puff ...woah! Nice shotgun. Umm. Look at the time! Should have been home hours ago! Wife will be frantic. Nice meeting you. Bye, bye now!"

Quote Originally Posted by Havok View Post
    I donít agree with their stance, but itís not actually a 2A issue. 2A is a restriction on government. Not a law requiring a store to continue selling a product, or preventing them from asking people to not bring something in the store.
    The right to keep and bear arms doesn't come from the government. When the progressives put enough social pressure on banks, corporations, online vendors, advertisers, etc. to end the legitimate firearm industry, keeping and bearing of arms fizzles out of society. Progressivism is incrementalism.
    M1911A1, since9, Bikenut and 3 others like this.
    Psalm 144:1

A friend mentioned he thinks the problems at Walmart were artificially created by the Deep State in order to give Walmart a reasonable excuse for banning OC in their stores.

Possibly. However, my response to him:

I very seriously doubt Walmart planned any of it. As they have stores in just about every city, they didn't have to. It was merely a matter of time before someone tried pushing the envelope rather than smoothly -- and smartly -- flying within it.

The young man who walked in carrying multiple firearms and ammo was totally on his own. But the manage who pulled the fire alarm and called the cops even though he'd committed no crime was either a blithering idiot or responding to perhaps a memorandum for managers crafted by Walmart CEO Doug McMillon.

It does indeed appear old Doogie was just a bit too quick on the draw...
    JasonVanHalen likes this.
    How many times must we see defenseless people die before we realize being defenseless is NOT the answer? // The First protects the Second and the Second protects the First. Together, they protect everything else.

4. Remove Advertisements
    DefensiveCarry.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by MB53 View Post
    And Kroger announced today that they will no longer permit open carry in their stores.
    So I guess Kroger doesn't want any of the good guys in their stores anymore.
    ...Well, no openly good guys, certainly.
    Steve
    Retired Leathersmith and Practical Shooter

"Qui desiderat pacem, prśparet bellum."

Quote Originally Posted by Nmuskier View Post
    The right to keep and bear arms doesn't come from the government. When the progressives put enough social pressure on banks, corporations, online vendors, advertisers, etc. to end the legitimate firearm industry, keeping and bearing of arms fizzles out of society. Progressivism is incrementalism.
    Nobody said it did. I donít agree with any of these things, but should banks not be able to decide who they loan money to? I would want to if I were a bank. Reality is they will just go to another bank, it will be a loss for those who donít want the money of a profitable industry.
    We get the government we deserve.

VIP Member

Walmart Discontinues Sale of Auto Parts to Prevent Accidents

Regards,
    Jim
    NRA Life Member
    Charter Member (#00002) of the DC .41 LC Society - "Get Heeled! No, really!"
    He that cannot reason is a fool. He that will not is a bigot. He that dares not is a slave. - Andrew Carnegie

Distinguished Member Array RedSafety's Avatar
    Follow proven tactics of mass INDIVIDUAL letters expressing your concerns, including personal experiences. Show how most shootings occur in gun free zones and how those shootings have been stopped by armed citizens.
    When seconds count, help is only 18+ minutes away!

I didn't call this "master thread", I am not that presumptuous , it was edited to that title.

Regarding open carry, which I've seen almost exclusively at Wal-Mart.
    Consistency, I conceal carry everywhere legal.
    Do the open carriers do the same, or pick & choose, like open carry at Wal-Mart, Kroger (previously), but not Red Lobster, Cracker Barrel, family reunion, vets office, auto shop, ...
    If open carry is about making a statement, freedom, comfort, whatever, .... should be done everywhere legal; pick & choose in public places (not woods) is inconsistent.
    Someone that feels strongly about open carry should cease shopping at Wal-Mart, Kroger and spend money at stores that support OC, assuming options are available.
    (Opinion, its not anti OC - its pro consistency & principle and use of the word should is not me telling anyone what they should do)
    I'm not inclined to disarm for a concert, game, (entertainment) and I ain't going on a plane or cruise.
    "Wouldn't want to or Nobody volunteer to" get shot by _____ is not indicative of quickly incapacitating.

Quote Originally Posted by CDW4ME View Post
    I didn't call this "master thread", I am not that presumptuous , it was edited to that title.

Regarding open carry, which I've seen almost exclusively at Wal-Mart.
    Consistency, I conceal carry everywhere legal.
    Do the open carriers do the same, or pick & choose, like open carry at Wal-Mart, Kroger (previously), but not Red Lobster, Cracker Barrel, family reunion, vets office, auto shop, ...
    If open carry is about making a statement, freedom, comfort, whatever, .... should be done everywhere legal; pick & choose in public places (not woods) is inconsistent.
    Someone that feels strongly about open carry should cease shopping at Wal-Mart, Kroger and spend money at stores that support OC, assuming options are available.
    (Opinion, its not anti OC - its pro consistency & principle and use of the word should is not me telling anyone what they should do)
    I have been doing exactly that (open carrying everywhere it is legal to do so) for years not because I feel strongly about open carry but because I feel that strongly about the right to bear arms. And I have suffered many slings and arrows from the gun community because open carry might cause the anti gunners to be scared into imposing even more restrictions so I, and everyone else, should practice "concealed means concealed (hide the right to bear arms so no one gets scared)" to ward off those restrictions.

Well I'll say it. The culture of hiding our guns like dirty little secrets is what empowered the anti gun folks to impose more and more restrictions and to cause the public to fear the sight of a gun simply because...

That which is not ordinarily seen becomes feared when seen but that which is ordinarily seen isn't feared simply because it is seen as ordinary.

And I have been, and still am, sorely disappointed in the gun community for allowing the anti gunners to make the right to bear arms a dirty little secret.

Now having said that see my next post.....
    Merovius and CDW4ME like this.
    Character is doing the right thing when nobody's looking. There are too many people who think that the only thing that's right is to get by, and the only thing that's wrong is to get caught. ~J.C. Watts

Senior Moderator
    I added that term as somewhere between six and 14 million threads popped up simultaneously requiring merging. I tried to do all of that chronologically, but my goal was to have only one thread.

To those of you who's threads got merged without notice - my sincere apologies.

I used to OC very consistently.

Not so much anymore, and on the decline.
    Last edited by Rock and Glock; September 4th, 2019 at 06:31 PM. Reason: Grammer nit
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ: Buy These Stickers Here

"If we suppose them sincere, we must pity their ignorance; if insincere, we must abhor the spirit of deception which it betrays." Alexander Hamilton

Wal Mart and Kroger are denying entry to those who openly carry guns. This is their right to control who is, and why they are, allowed entry. And their right to do that is equally as important as my right to bear arms. I would be a hypocrite if I were to expect or demand they respect my right to openly bear arms while disrespecting their right to deny entry to those who do so.

Wal Mart and Kroger not wanting folks to open carry on/in their property is disappointing but isn't cause to stop supporting them by shopping there. What is cause for ALL in the gun community (and I do mean ALL of us! even if it is inconvenient) to stop supporting (and funding!) the anti gun agenda of any business by spending our money there is when that business aligns itself with the likes of Bloomberg and any/all of the other anti gun folks/organizations. Like Wal Mart has done.
    Character is doing the right thing when nobody's looking. There are too many people who think that the only thing that's right is to get by, and the only thing that's wrong is to get caught. ~J.C. Watts

Distinguished Member Array NECCdude's Avatar
    I went shopping today and I avoided WalMart. Now, if we can get the other millions of WalMart shoppers to follow my lead......
    baren likes this.
    Member NRA, SAF, GOA, NFOA, USCCA

Microwave radio technicians are fully deviated.

It's funny that Walmart is pandering to the leftmost half of the political spectrum, since that same demographic has generally held Walmart in utter contempt, for various reasons. I just don't see a sudden influx of "socially responsible" types into their stores as a result. Now, Walmart may well be big enough to weather any potential economic fallout from these new policies - they certainly seem to be banking on it. But maybe, just maybe, this will hurt their bottom line just enough to make them regret it.

To those who have mentioned Amazon as an alternative for buying non firearms related products:
    Please reconsider. This is like leaping out of the frying pan and into the fire. Amazon is not, and never is likely to become, a friend of liberty.
    M1911A1 and DZUS like this.
    In light and darkness alike,
    I am fearfully and wonderfully made.

I breezed through my Walmart today to see if they had ammo marked down or removed and no. Everything was the same at mine. No ammo marked down on sale and no ammo was missing from any handgun or short barrel rifle caliber. No posted signs about anything either. Only ammo that was gone was dove hunting oriented shells.

By the way... if you would like to let Wal Mart and Kroger know your opinion of their decisions concerning banning open carry and, most importantly, joining the anti gun efforts of Bloomberg and the anti gun organizations he funds.....

Wal Mart corporate

800-925-6278

Kroger corporate

513-762-4000

And apparently Meijer is considering joining Wal Mart and Kroger so if you would like to influence their decision...

616-453-6711

My personal concern is not the open carry but is those multi million dollar mega corporations helping the anti gun organizations push their agenda.
    baren likes this.

Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links