Wal-Mart Announcements: Master Thread - Page 6

Wal-Mart Announcements: Master Thread

This is a discussion on Wal-Mart Announcements: Master Thread within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Are there ANY mass merchandisers, either brick and mortar or online, who ARE pro 2A?...

Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast
Like Tree302Likes

Thread: Wal-Mart Announcements: Master Thread

Are there ANY mass merchandisers, either brick and mortar or online, who ARE pro 2A?
    Havok and baren like this.
    "You talk a lot, but you're not saying anything" - Psycho Killer, The Talking Heads

"The winds are crying, 'Remember me;' Through the Holy silence of the desert and the sea; The next armada, waiting for the tide; Wind and rain are nothing to the storm inside" - Running on the Rocks, Shriekback

Quote Originally Posted by Bikenut View Post
    Wal Mart and Kroger are denying entry to those who openly carry guns. This is their right to control who is, and why they are, allowed entry. And their right to do that is equally as important as my right to bear arms. I would be a hypocrite if I were to expect or demand they respect my right to openly bear arms while disrespecting their right to deny entry to those who do so.

Wal Mart and Kroger not wanting folks to open carry on/in their property is disappointing but isn't cause to stop supporting them by shopping there. What is cause for ALL in the gun community (and I do mean ALL of us! even if it is inconvenient) to stop supporting (and funding!) the anti gun agenda of any business by spending our money there is when that business aligns itself with the likes of Bloomberg and any/all of the other anti gun folks/organizations. Like Wal Mart has done.

This is also how I feel-not allowing open carry is one thing-but joining hands with haters of our rights is quite another.For a large corporation to take on a political stance and not expect push back is insane.
    I will not let them use profits from my purchases to destroy my rights-so I will not make any purchases at that business.
    Bikenut, Poorly, Merovius and 2 others like this.
    THE CROW

I'll admit I used to buy my target 9mm ammo at WM.
    The last time I was there, they had 50 round boxes of Federal 115 grain...brass cased for 8.00 $ per box. (about the same for the 100 round boxes)
    That's cheaper than I've been finding for similar ammo online.
    Now, I have one less option.
    I wonder if this isn't just another step to help the powers-that-be to track ammo purchases more easily via credit cards and the google/microsoft juggernaut??
    Merovius likes this.
    The United States Constitution 1791. All Rights Reserved.

4. Remove Advertisements
    DefensiveCarry.com
    Advertisements

My wife's dad did 28 years with Wal Mart, retiring as district manager in 2005. We ate lunch today and his first comment was, " can you believe those idiots at Wal Mart, what are they thinking?"
    msgt/ret, Merovius, baren and 4 others like this.
    Pain is the best teacher,but nobody wants to go to his class.

When the past smothers the present, there is only desperation. When the future absorbs the present, life stands still. In either case a decision must be made because you only live now and you are only what you are now.

Quote Originally Posted by mr.stuart View Post
    My wife's dad did 28 years with Wal Mart, retiring as district manager in 2005. We ate lunch today and his first comment was, " can you believe those idiots at Wal Mart, what are they thinking?"
    They were not.
    When you have to shoot, shoot. Don't talk.
    "Don't forget, incoming fire has the right of way."
    A 9MM MAY expand to .45 but a 45ACP will never shrink to 9MM.

"If shoppers openly carry guns into Walmart stores going forward, store managers may ask the shopper to leave and safely secure their gun in their vehicle before returning to the store. The policies will vary by location, however, and shoppers who are openly carrying guns may not always be asked to leave the store, a Walmart spokesman said."

Seems that wally's didn't waste any time here in Las Vegas....

"OC'er walking into Walmart on Rainbow and Spring Mtn. (Las Vegas NV) was told he could not enter the store."

http://www.nevadashooters.com/thread....148461/page-5

Quote Originally Posted by Bikenut View Post
    By the way... if you would like to let Wal Mart and Kroger know your opinion of their decisions concerning banning open carry and, most importantly, joining the anti gun efforts of Bloomberg and the anti gun organizations he funds.....

Wal Mart corporate

800-925-6278

Kroger corporate

513-762-4000

And apparently Meijer is considering joining Wal Mart and Kroger so if you would like to influence their decision...

616-453-6711

My personal concern is not the open carry but is those multi million dollar mega corporations helping the anti gun organizations push their agenda.
    Better yet make a large purchase from a competitor and email them a copy of the receipt. Talking is good but walking is great.
    M1911A1, baren, Bikenut and 1 others like this.

No More Shopping At Walmart

With Walmart now stopping sales of handgun ammo as well as some rifle ammo as well as banning open carry in their stores, it looks like I will severely reduce my shopping at Walmart, if not altogether eliminate it. This is really too bad since Walmart is where I do much of my shopping for items of convenience, and in some cases ammo. It looks like Walmart is going the way of Dick's. No doubt they will loose tons of business.
    OD*, msgt/ret and Nmuskier like this.

Senior Member Array Double Naught Spy's Avatar
    Considering yourself to be defenseless is the first administrative step to becoming a victim.

Quote Originally Posted by 10thmtn View Post
    Are there ANY mass merchandisers, either brick and mortar or online, who ARE pro 2A?
    Lowes and Home Depot, they don't particularly come across as pro 2A but they don't come across as anti 2A either. They're neutral if you ask me.

Harbor Freight, I don't know if they sell bricks or mortar but they do sell lots of tools and hardware, and I believe they're 2A, they do sell gun safes.

I am not so sure this decision Was actually made by WM and Kroger. I believe other hands are pushing those buttons and this may just be the beginning. I hope I am wrong.

Distinguished Member Array RedSafety's Avatar
    The open carry ban is of no effect if they don't post it. "Please don't open carry and drive away potential mass shooters. We need their business more than yours."
    M1911A1 likes this.
    When seconds count, help is only 18+ minutes away!

Poorly likes this.
    Character is doing the right thing when nobody's looking. There are too many people who think that the only thing that's right is to get by, and the only thing that's wrong is to get caught. ~J.C. Watts

Wal Mart's open carry ban and stopping selling ammo is nowhere near as important as their teaming up with Bloomberg and anti gun groups. Any money spent at Wal Mart helps fund those anti gun efforts.
    Character is doing the right thing when nobody's looking. There are too many people who think that the only thing that's right is to get by, and the only thing that's wrong is to get caught. ~J.C. Watts

Unhappy

So now that Walmart is no longer going to sell ammo....is everything they sell now made in china...except maybe the toilet paper?

Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast

Sponsored Links