Wal-Mart Announcements: Master Thread

This is a discussion on Wal-Mart Announcements: Master Thread within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; https://www.businessinsider.com/walm...unition-2019-9 If one relied on Wal-Mart for handgun ammo, time to find an alternate source....

Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
Like Tree302Likes

Thread: Wal-Mart Announcements: Master Thread

https://www.businessinsider.com/walm...unition-2019-9

If one relied on Wal-Mart for handgun ammo, time to find an alternate source.
    Last edited by Rock and Glock; September 3rd, 2019 at 09:49 PM.
    I'm not inclined to disarm for a concert, game, (entertainment) and I ain't going on a plane or cruise.
    "Wouldn't want to or Nobody volunteer to" get shot by _____ is not indicative of quickly incapacitating.

Angry Walmart to end handgun ammo sales

Walmart is now jumping on the anti gun band wagon and going to end all handgun sales while keeping shotgun and "typical" hunting rifle ammo.
    https://www.cnn.com/2019/09/03/busin...les/index.html
    One less reason to shop at Walmart for me.

Banning open carry too.
    baren and Aceoky like this.

VIP Member

Walmart to discontinue selling short-barreled rifle ammo and handgun ammo.

Walmart will no longer sell handgun ammo or ammo that can be used in SBRs. They are also asking customers to no longer carry openly.

Cornhusker95 likes this.
    "Once that bell rings, you're on your own. It's just you and the other guy.” - Joe Lewis

“I’m not obsessive about cleaning my guns. I like them like my martinis and my women....a ‘little’ dirty.....”

Member: GOA, SAF

4. Remove Advertisements
    DefensiveCarry.com
    Advertisements

From the article:

Recent shootings at Walmart stores in El Paso, Texas and Southaven, Mississippi killed 24 people.

"We are trying to take constructive steps to reduce the risk that events like these will happen again," McMillon said.
    So, when these mamby pamby efforts do not reduce the risk that events like these will happen again and they do happen, will he reverse his decision because it didn't work.

I didn't think so.
    airslot, ddrew, CWOUSCG and 3 others like this.
    Memphis -- No. 2 on the list of most crime ridden cities in America. Working on being No. 1 but we just can't catch Detroit.

1950 Colt .38 Police Positive Special
    2013 SCCY 9mm CPX-2 Stainless Steel
    US Army 1973-1977, 95B

Quote Originally Posted by Rockymonster View Post
    Walmart will no longer sell handgun ammo or ammo that can be used in SBRs. They are also asking customers to no longer carry openly.

Well at least i can still buy 4XL t shirts that shrink to 2XL after i wash and dry them...So i still got that going for me

How many of these shootings were done by bad guys that bought the ammo at Walmart?
    baren and Aceoky like this.
    Annoy a Liberal!! Get a job and think for yourself!

I wrote the following to the author:

I am not a Wal Mart employee; however, I shop there on a regular basis and have open carried there hundreds of times without managing to shoot anyone.

From the article:
    Recent shootings at Walmart stores in El Paso, Texas and Southaven, Mississippi killed 24 people.

"We are trying to take constructive steps to reduce the risk that events like these will happen again," McMillon said.
    So when these "constructive steps" do not reduce the risk and events like these happen again, and they will, will he reverse his decision because it didn't work.

I didn't think so.

The problem isn't guns, ammo or even background checks. It is the loose nut holding the gun. We need mental health reform, not gun control.

My .02

I know it won't do any good and probably won't even get read, but I feel better.
    Memphis -- No. 2 on the list of most crime ridden cities in America. Working on being No. 1 but we just can't catch Detroit.

1950 Colt .38 Police Positive Special
    2013 SCCY 9mm CPX-2 Stainless Steel
    US Army 1973-1977, 95B

Wallyworld - cracking the whip (no more open carry for you!)

https://www.cnbc.com/2019/09/03/walm...shootings.html

Walmart is discontinuing sales of short-barrel rifle ammunition such as the .223 caliber and 5.56 caliber, discontinuing sales of handgun ammunition and discontinuing handgun sales entirely in Alaska.

It’s also asking shoppers to no longer openly carry firearms in stores, in states where “open carry” is allowed, unless authorized law enforcement officers are present.

CEO Doug McMillon announces the changes following two deadly shootings at Walmart stores over the summer.

And to think I just gave them my business yesterday buying $100 worth of shotgun shells for dove season because they were $3 cheaper than any other place around me. Guess I’ll spend $3 more per box and go somewhere else.
    CWOUSCG, Merovius, baren and 1 others like this.

Senior Member Array Petroleum 1's Avatar
    knee jerk reaction for sure...cc permit is still allowed in their stores it says. It also says open carry may be allowed in some stores depending on the location...the poor store manager has to confront these people. Its not a good idea to do that it should be either a company policy or not no in between.
    baren likes this.

I hate to hear that as for 40 cal ammo they are the cheapest around. These no gun signs or bans don't apply to me as I have a law enforcement carry card.

Sent from my SM-T550 using Tapatalk

at that point there's no reason for me to go to Walmart either.
    Texas Red, TimGunn, baren and 1 others like this.
    When seconds count, help is minutes away!

Unless it's life or death related, it's all B.S.!

Merely silly reaction.
    NECCdude likes this.
    Second Amendment: The difference between politicians and rulers.
    US Navy - US Army, Retired
    NRA Benefactor Life Member

Distinguished Member
    It has to do with public perception. Walmart had to do something since its stores were shooting locations. It has to appear to be taking action. Obviously the people who shoot up Walmarts and other locations do not care about rules. Discontinuing the sale of handguns in AK is inconsequential to it revenues. Stopping the sale od handgun and :assault rifle" caliber ammo make it look like it is taking action in the face of mass shootings. We all know that such actions will not affect mass shooters. Walmart knows that too. But it want to look like it took action.

The profitable products in a retail store can be judged by the amount of shelf space they get. In the three Walmarts in my vicinity candy gets more space than ammo, and airguns and supplies get equal space. Draw your own conclusions. Where I live Walmart is not the go to supplier of gun owners. However, I will continue to buy the little I do at Walmart, and I will CC as I have always done.
    Petroleum 1 and baren like this.
    "You don't hurt them if you don't hit them." Lt. Gen. Lewis "Chesty" Puller, USMC Retired

USMC 9/59 through 9/69
    Vietnam June ‘66 to February ‘68
    MOS: 4641, Combat Photographer

Memberships:
    Gun Owners of America
    Second Amendment Foundation
    Pennsylvania Firearms Owners Against Crime

Distinguished Member Array Novarider's Avatar
    They sell 20% of all ammo and they are willingly dropping that down to 6%? That's a ton of money lost for a political statement.

Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links