Albertsons joins other retails with gun policy change

This is a discussion on Albertsons joins other retails with gun policy change within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Says Albertsons in a tweet... albertsons-joins-supermarkets-changed-gun-policy "We want our stores to feel safe & welcoming for all, so we respectfully ask customers to not openly ...

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree45Likes

Thread: Albertsons joins other retails with gun policy change

Says Albertsons in a tweet... albertsons-joins-supermarkets-changed-gun-policy

"We want our stores to feel safe & welcoming for all, so we respectfully ask customers to not openly carry firearms in our stores unless they are authorized law enforcement officers." (Emphasis mine.)

I hate to see these kinds of unnecessary limitations, but some are easier to take than others.

For me, Albertsons note is not a big deal, and I'll continue to shop at their stores. Concealed carry is unaffected. I hope that other companies who are being pressured by their legal vermin to do something do look at the Albertsons wording and just ask to not carry openly.
    Armed And Harmless
    ----
    Never give in--never, never, never, never, in nothing great or small, large or petty, never give in except to convictions of honour and good sense. Never yield to force; never yield to the apparently overwhelming might of the enemy.
    - - Sir Winston Churchill, 1941

That is not something I saw coming. Albertsons is headquartered in Boise. Joe and Kathern were both big supporters of the 2A.
    DZUS and gatorbait51 like this.
    Aut Pax Aut Bellum

Be sure to thank Dumb and Dumber if you see them

Albertsons joins other retails with gun policy change-d4f5834b-6cc2-49c0-9373-296b483da2c0.jpeg
    If you use JP-8, then it's technically not waterboarding

4. Remove Advertisements
    DefensiveCarry.com
    Advertisements

Wonder if the new policies will ever be enforced or just lip service for the sheep.
    Asking is different from telling.
    Just wish Wally didn’t cave, easy source of 9mm.

I will admit to our church also has a no OC policy. We are not posted, just ask people to conceal.
    I know at least 20 folks that have their LTC and CC.
    There's only one way to get to heaven. John 14:6

Quote Originally Posted by TimGunn View Post
    That is not something I saw coming. Albertsons is headquartered in Boise. Joe and Kathern were both big supporters of the 2A.
    One need not support stupidity to be a 2nd amendment supporter. JMO

Distinguished Member Array StripesDude's Avatar
    I’m not boycotting any of these stores that have asked customers to not open carry. I will not support the “cancel culture” that all of the millennial snowflakes have subscribed to. If these stores completely eliminate my right to self defense and ask us to not carry concealed either, then I’ll reevaluate.
    ETXhiker, gatorbait51 and Instymp like this.

Quote Originally Posted by StripesDude View Post
    I’m not boycotting any of these stores that have asked customers to not open carry. I will not support the “cancel culture” that all of the millennial snowflakes have subscribed to. If these stores completely eliminate my right to self defense and ask us to not carry concealed either, then I’ll reevaluate.
    I will not shop at Wal Mart anymore. Not because they banned open carry but because they have joined with Bloomberg and Everytown for Gun Safety. I do not want the profits from my purchases to help fund that anti gun agenda.

Seems rather silly to spend money on anything including ammo at Wal Mart so Wal Mart can give money to organizations that want to ban guns for everyone.
    OD*, RobFL, gatorbait51 and 2 others like this.
    Unfortunately there are many gun owners who will still shop at Wal Mart even though they know Wal Mart partnered with Everytown for Gun Safety just because it is convenient and they can save a few bucks.

I choose to conceal carry, so that keeps everything in line with them.

I live in an open carry state but I prefer to be more discrete.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro
    Instagram CDR_Glock
    NRA, Lifetime Member

Quote Originally Posted by CDRGlock View Post
    I choose to conceal carry, so that keeps everything in line with them.

I live in an open carry state but I prefer to be more discrete.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro
    Instagram CDR_Glock
    I'm in a similar situation here in NV.

Since getting my CCW permit I mostly carry concealed. I still OC on occasion. I'll admit it...sometimes I don't care if I'm printing while carrying.

Question I pose is this....In an open carry banned business. Is printing going to be an issue when a private citizen has a permit to carry concealed?
    gatorbait51 and CDRGlock like this.

If you're printing, change your cover garment.

While open carry is not allowed here, printing is not officially noticed unless it's too flagrant to ignore.

Thanks, Washington, for our small county!
    gatorbait51 and JeffreyR like this.
    Steve
    Retired Leathersmith and Practical Shooter

"Qui desiderat pacem, præparet bellum."

Quote Originally Posted by M1911A1 View Post

While open carry is not allowed here, printing is not officially noticed unless it's too flagrant to ignore.

Thanks, Washington, for our small county!

Forgive me for disagreeing, but actually, open carry is allowed in WA state per RCW 9.41.270

RCW 9.41.270 Weapons apparently capable of producing bodily harmUnlawful carrying or handlingPenaltyExceptions.

(1) It shall be unlawful for any person to carry, exhibit, display, or draw any firearm, dagger, sword, knife or other cutting or stabbing instrument, club, or any other weapon apparently capable of producing bodily harm, in a manner, under circumstances, and at a time and place that either manifests an intent to intimidate another or that warrants alarm for the safety of other persons.
    (2) Any person violating the provisions of subsection (1) above shall be guilty of a gross misdemeanor. If any person is convicted of a violation of subsection (1) of this section, the person shall lose his or her concealed pistol license, if any. The court shall send notice of the revocation to the department of licensing, and the city, town, or county which issued the license.
    (3) Subsection (1) of this section shall not apply to or affect the following:
    (a) Any act committed by a person while in his or her place of abode or fixed place of business;
    (b) Any person who by virtue of his or her office or public employment is vested by law with a duty to preserve public safety, maintain public order, or to make arrests for offenses, while in the performance of such duty;
    (c) Any person acting for the purpose of protecting himself or herself against the use of presently threatened unlawful force by another, or for the purpose of protecting another against the use of such unlawful force by a third person;

(d) Any person making or assisting in making a lawful arrest for the commission of a felony; or
    (e) Any person engaged in military activities sponsored by the federal or state governments.

The caveat is the section in bold.

https://www.atg.wa.gov/firearms-faq#11
    gatorbait51 likes this.
    "...as politics in Washington and elsewhere grows increasingly un-moored from reality, humanist wisdom provides us with one final consolation: There is no greater lesson from the past than the intractability of human folly." Heather Mac Donald

Quote Originally Posted by M1911A1 View Post

My point is this is an open carry state. There are no laws against printing. If it's covered, it's concealed.Whether done well or not.

My question goes to will businesses move from no OC to no printing. Next would be banning all carry from businesses.

On down the road it will be banning carry in any public space..then...on and on.
    gatorbait51 and Bikenut like this.

The "...intent to intimidate..." part of this could easily be interpreted as open carrying in plain view of the WA stat sheeple that are apparently the majority there.
    gatorbait51, Hoganbeg and M1911A1 like this.

There is the problem—nebulous laws that allow for wide interpretation. They would make illegal situations that may only warrant investigation.
    "...as politics in Washington and elsewhere grows increasingly un-moored from reality, humanist wisdom provides us with one final consolation: There is no greater lesson from the past than the intractability of human folly." Heather Mac Donald

Quote Originally Posted by Hoganbeg View Post
    Forgive me for disagreeing, but actually, open carry is allowed in WA state per RCW 9.41.270...
    Please note the following quote.
    While you are legally correct, open carry can be, and has been, seen as "...a manner...that...manifests an intent to intimidate..."
    Our local Sheriff's Deputy has advised me, when I asked him, that since I have a concealed-carry permit, I should not risk carrying openly.

Quote Originally Posted by AKADave View Post
    The "...intent to intimidate..." part of this could easily be interpreted as open carrying in plain view of the WA stat[e] sheeple that are apparently the majority there.
    Hoganbeg and Instymp like this.
    Steve
    Retired Leathersmith and Practical Shooter

"Qui desiderat pacem, præparet bellum."

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Sponsored Links