Inheriting firearms and related products - Page 2

Inheriting firearms and related products

This is a discussion on Inheriting firearms and related products within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Originally Posted by M1911A1 I did not consider discussing NFA/Class 3 firearms because they have become so rare and expensive. Anybody here got one? (I ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Like Tree20Likes

Thread: Inheriting firearms and related products

Quote Originally Posted by M1911A1 View Post
    I did not consider discussing NFA/Class 3 firearms because they have become so rare and expensive.
    Anybody here got one? (I bet not.)
    But your point is good, and useful.
    I've seen numerous posts on these forums from people who have NFA items. While automatics are beyond the financial reach of most (due to the artificial restriction on supply caused by 1986 FOPA), short barreled rifles and silencers (~1.3 million)) are not that rare. Regardless, the point I was making was to illustrate one way that legislation for a ban might be written. The current crowd of democrats have gone on record stating that the prior AWB didn't go far enough. A couple of the reasons that have been given is that 1) such weapons were grandfathered and 2) the ones that already existed could continue to be sold. Even though they've been saying for years that they don't want to take our guns, Beto has finally come out to state exactly what we have know for a long time. Therefore, it is all but a certainty that any new "ban" bills will include schemes to take those weapons. One extreme is to have a forced buy-back, but that would be politically problematic and would be hardest to get through SCOTUS. What is more likely, in my opinion, is they would include a grandfather clause ONLY for the current owner. That allows them to continue the patronizing line that they don't want to take our weapons, but still be able to tell their supporters that they will be taking them off the streets over time. And, to ensure that people comply, there would have to be a registration of said weapons exactly as is done with NFA items.

My boys each shot a deer with their AR15 (and have pic) when they were 7 & 8 years old, now 7 years ago.
    Is it (currently) illegal for a 15 year old to possess (own) a 15 round Glock magazine or a 30 round AR magazine - just a mag? (I doubt it)
    My boys already "own" / "possess" these items, their gun stuff is stored for safe keeping in my (our) safe.
    I'm not inclined to disarm for a concert, game, (entertainment) and I ain't going on a plane or cruise.
    "Wouldn't want to or Nobody volunteer to" get shot by _____ is not indicative of quickly incapacitating.

Quote Originally Posted by Psycho41 View Post
    ...The current crowd of democrats have gone on record stating that the prior AWB didn't go far enough...Beto has finally come out to state exactly what we have know for a long time. Therefore, it is all but a certainty that any new "ban" bills will include schemes to take those weapons...
    If any Democrat gets into the Presidency, it'll be our collective fault.
    Right now, we've got 'em on the run.

Work to get out the vote, and to deny illegals the vote, to debunk the Progressive point of view, and to press the point that, with even a crass loudmouth as President, his Republican leadership has given the US jobs, an improved economy, a useful attempt at cessation of illegal entry, and a better trade arrangement with Mexico and Canada.
    He's even had a useful effect upon our relations with North Korea.
    montejames likes this.
    Steve
    Retired Leathersmith and Practical Shooter

"Qui desiderat pacem, pręparet bellum."

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Sponsored Links