2A, it's seems to have become a single focus with so many - Page 3

2A, it's seems to have become a single focus with so many

This is a discussion on 2A, it's seems to have become a single focus with so many within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; You're on a gun forum and you're surprised the main focus is Guns/2A?...

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast
Like Tree479Likes

Thread: 2A, it's seems to have become a single focus with so many

Distinguished Member Array Novarider's Avatar
    You're on a gun forum and you're surprised the main focus is Guns/2A?
    Risasi, OD*, baren and 2 others like this.

Quote Originally Posted by jmf552 View Post
    I think you are stretching the definition of a right. What you describe is an unfortunate sign of our times, but there have always been opinions that if expressed publicly, would have drastic repercussions. Saying you were gay, Communist or un-American used to have drastic repercussions. In some places, even saying you were Jewish was a problem.

This may seem off topic, but I think it is illustrative. A great story I read was about Col. Greg "Pappy" Boyington, who was of course a WWII flying ace, Medal of Honor winner and prisoner of war. On leave during the war, he attended a baseball game in civilian clothes. He of course stood up for the national anthem, but during the seventh inning stretch, they played "God Bless America" on the organ, which had become common practice in WWII. He remained seated for it and was actually attacked by people sitting around him. The problem was, even though that tune had been written by Irving Berlin years earlier, it did not become popular until after the war started. He was not protesting. He didn't recognize it as a patriotic song, nor did he know of the convention of standing up for it, because he had been overseas during that time being a hero!
    I stand for the anthem, the rest I don't. People can get attached to whatever songs they wish, but that doesn't mean there is protocol attached.

https://www.legion.org/flag/question...white-and-blue

Play Sweet Caroline at the seventh inning stretch and I'll be seated.
    baren and CreedDryrot like this.
    Retired USAF E-8. Curmudgeon on the loose.
    Lighten up and enjoy life because:
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your life it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... Buffalo Springfield - For What It's Worth

Quote Originally Posted by Novarider View Post
    You're on a gun forum and you're surprised the main focus is Guns/2A?
    2a yes, guns and carrying them defensively, no I wouldn't be surprised. What I stated was that there's a whole lot of members that do little else with guns but carry them and argue 2a is inviolate. We know it's not inviolate based on historical record.

One can whine about the differences between altruistic and reality and state their opinions. But THEIR opinions are just that, opinions, not law. The laws as they stand today federally have been adjudicated in the real world, not the altruistic world some appear to have to reside in.

4. Remove Advertisements
    DefensiveCarry.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by AzQkr View Post
    2a yes, guns and carrying them defensively, no I wouldn't be surprised. What I stated was that there's a whole lot of members that do little else with guns but carry them and argue 2a is inviolate. We know it's not inviolate based on historical record.

One can whine about the differences between altruistic and reality and state their opinions. But THEIR opinions are just that, opinions, not law. The laws as they stand today federally have been adjudicated in the real world, not the altruistic world some appear to have to reside in.
    You don't think that guns and 2A discussion go hand in hand? I mean, there wouldn't be one without the other.

"there's a whole lot of members that do little else with guns but carry them"

What else is there to do with a gun other than carry it and shoot it? Serious question.
    baren likes this.

Nix
    What else is there to do with a gun other than carry it and shoot it? Serious question.

Confession time: sometimes I clean mine, even if they haven't been fired recently. And....this is more embarassing.....sometimes I just sit and admire them. Mostly the 1911's, but sometimes the revolvers and lever actions, too.
    m5215, G-man*, airslot and 9 others like this.

You don't think that guns and 2A discussion go hand in hand? I mean, there wouldn't be one without the other.

They may go hand in hand, but not the level of disparity we see here. How many sub forums of discussion? I count 26. The two most posts and views are general discussion and humor sections, 3rd is second amendment. There are 252,335 threads and 4,720,000 posts on this forum. There are 229,471 post on the 2A alone. That's 4.8% of total posts. Just to give that some more weight, there's 76,345 in the Defensive Carry & Tactical Training section which is barely 1%. It's a disproportionate number IMO
    Cuda66 and Rock and Glock like this.

Investments is a big one.

there's a whole lot of members that do little else with guns but carry them

And even more who own but don't carry them.
    Cuda66, Mike1956, Instymp and 1 others like this.

Nix
    They may go hand in hand, but not the level of disparity we see here. How many sub forums of discussion? I count 26. The two most posts and views are general discussion and humor sections, 3rd is second amendment. There are 252,335 threads and 4,720,000 posts on this forum. There are 229,471 post on the 2A alone. That's 4.8% of total posts. Just to give that some more weight, there's 76,345 in the Defensive Carry & Tactical Training section which is barely 1%. It's a disproportionate number IMO

Great observation, Az, but......let me point out that with this thread you've added to that disproportion.....
    AzQkr, Risasi and baren like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Nix View Post
    Confession time: sometimes I clean mine, even if they haven't been fired recently. And....this is more embarassing.....sometimes I just sit and admire them. Mostly the 1911's, but sometimes the revolvers and lever actions, too.
    Totally understand this. They are amazing mechanical devices and I admire the engineering that goes into them beyond just using them.
    msgt/ret, baren and Merovius like this.

Great observation, Az, but......let me point out that with this thread you've added to that disproportion.....
    No doubt, thought I'd add to the madness seen here about 2a.
    Rock and Glock likes this.

Ok you got me on the cleaning part. I've never admire my guns tho. They are tools to me not art.

A great thread.
    AzQkr likes this.

That would suggest 1a is being upheld at the point of a gun?

Bolded: Been that way since before the country was created. Only 3% of the population in the colonies wanted to be free from British rule.
    Im saying I think if the government had succeeded at making us a "gun free" country, or at least at a rate faster than they currently are, then they would be even less afraid trample on other rights. I think the way things are going there isnt going to be some civil war like people say, however, the capability for the citizens to remove any level of government we want to certainly exists. For that reason, they are slowly changing societies views of rights to avoid any real repercussions. Slowly boiling the frog if you will.
    We get the government we deserve.

Maybe that's because it's actually something to discuss? You can only talk about "what gun belt" so many times before it becomes nauseating.

Also the 2A section is a catch all for Dems wanting to ban/confiscate/limit etc. Which there has been a TON of over the past few years and it's getting worse.
    OD*, baren, dp1911 and 1 others like this.

Maybe that's because it's actually something to discuss? You can only talk about "what gun belt" so many times before it becomes nauseating.

Also the 2A section is a catch all for Dems wanting to ban/confiscate/limit etc. Which there has been a TON of over the past few years and it's getting worse.
    Hence the very reason I started this thread, 2a discussions are becoming nauseating
    M1911A1 likes this.

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links