2A, it's seems to have become a single focus with so many - Page 7

2A, it's seems to have become a single focus with so many

This is a discussion on 2A, it's seems to have become a single focus with so many within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; I have no problem with open carry. I do it myself on a regular basis. What I do have a problem with is people OC'ing ...

Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast
Results 91 to 105 of 139
Like Tree479Likes

Thread: 2A, it's seems to have become a single focus with so many

  1. #91
    VIP Member Array mcp1810's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    6,704
    I have no problem with open carry. I do it myself on a regular basis. What I do have a problem with is people OC'ing and claiming it is their Right to do so in circumstances where they are wrong. And that is not limited to OC. Anyone whether OC or CC needs to understand what their Rights actually are, not just what they want them to be.
    wmhawth, G-man*, AzQkr and 5 others like this.
    Infowars- Proving David Hannum right on a daily basis

  2. #92
    VIP Member Array Cuda66's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    minnesota
    Posts
    3,460
    Are those mule hooves I hear?
    AzQkr and OD* like this.
    There are no dangerous weapons; there are only dangerous men.--RAH

    ...man fights with his mind; the weapons are incidental.--Jeff Cooper


    There is a reason they try and make small bullets act like big bullets--Glockmann10mm

  3. #93
    Ex Member
    Array Mike1956's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Marion county, Ohio
    Posts
    32,804
    Quote Originally Posted by Cuda66 View Post
    Are those mule hooves I hear?
    It was an inbound smart round.
    Cuda66 and OD* like this.

  4. Remove Advertisements
    DefensiveCarry.com
    Advertisements
     

  5. #94
    VIP Member Array Cuda66's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    minnesota
    Posts
    3,460
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike1956 View Post
    It was an inbound smart round.
    Indeed...that was the very definition of a surgical strike if I’ve ever seen one...
    There are no dangerous weapons; there are only dangerous men.--RAH

    ...man fights with his mind; the weapons are incidental.--Jeff Cooper


    There is a reason they try and make small bullets act like big bullets--Glockmann10mm

  6. #95
    VIP Member Array jmf552's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    Virginia
    Posts
    6,852
    Quote Originally Posted by forester58 View Post
    I missed the place in the BOR that mentioned dogs.
    It does not mention dogs. It does, however, mention free speech. The only legal limits on that are extensions of the old "you can't yell 'fire' in a crowded theater. Fine. So outside of that, you have the right to say what you want, where you want. But does it make sense to use the N-word, especially within earshot of black people? You have a right to do so in this country, but you are probably going to get your butt kicked and LE is probably not going to do anything about it. If you work at any job, even a federal government job (the feds being who is charged directly with supporting the BOR) you will get fired.

    I am sure you can find differences between that and OC, but it is an example of where just because you have a right to do something, doesn't mean it is a good idea. Rights you abuse are rights you will lose.
    Nix, Mike1956 and Merovius like this.
    Attack Squadron 65 "Tigers", USS Eisenhower '80 - '83, peackeeping w/Iran, Libya, Lebanon and E. Europe

  7. #96
    VIP Member Array OldVet's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    The Florida Twilight Zone
    Posts
    32,050
    Sometimes it gets a bit old hearing, "Just because you have the right to do ______ doesn't mean it's smart to do it."

    If you have the "right" to do something, then obvious there was a legitimate reason to establish that "right." One man's right can easily be another man's wrong. It's all a matter of opinion. Having nothing but "good" ideas would get boring for Youtube.
    Bikenut and Merovius like this.
    Retired USAF E-8. Curmudgeon on the loose.
    Lighten up and enjoy life because:
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your life it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... Buffalo Springfield - For What It's Worth

  8. #97
    Senior Member Array Bikenut's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2018
    Location
    Too close to Saginaw Mi.
    Posts
    929
    Perhaps the most important thing we can do for freedom is to support the rights we DON'T like.... and the rights we do like exercised in ways we don't like.
    Havok and Merovius like this.
    Unfortunately there are many gun owners who will still shop at Wal Mart even though they know Wal Mart partnered with Everytown for Gun Safety just because it is convenient and they can save a few bucks.

  9. #98
    Senior Moderator
    Array Rock and Glock's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    404 Page Not Found
    Posts
    22,557
    What I do have a problem with is people OC'ing and claiming it is their Right to do so in circumstances where they are wrong.
    Wrong, by who's definition? Or do you mean illegal?

    Wrong is a matter of OPINION. Illegal is a matter of LAW.

    We're getting into an OC / CC argument here and I don't think that was the OP's intent?

    @AzQkr ?
    Havok and Merovius like this.
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ: Buy These Stickers Here



    "If we suppose them sincere, we must pity their ignorance; if insincere, we must abhor the spirit of deception which it betrays." Alexander Hamilton

  10. #99
    Ex Member Array AzQkr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    In the Superstitions
    Posts
    19,639
    Quote Originally Posted by Rock and Glock View Post
    Wrong, by who's definition? Or do you mean illegal?

    Wrong is a matter of OPINION. Illegal is a matter of LAW.

    We're getting into an OC / CC argument here and I don't think that was the OP's intent?

    @AzQkr ?
    correct sir

  11. #100
    Nix
    Nix is offline
    Distinguished Member Array Nix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Montana
    Posts
    1,339
    That sounds like an invitation to get back on topic!

    I was thinking that I don't discuss my 2A concerns with other people in any depth outside this forum. I enjoy arguing here, both sides of the issue. This is a nice collection of people with strong thoughts on the subject, people who have done some research, people who have given it some thought.

    With my friends.....well, we're already like minded and will just shrug and say "thanks goodness for the second amendment", then get on to the more serious topic of where to scout for elk.

    Here, however, there is a group of people who are willing to debate the nuances of the second amendment (or which caliber is best, or why a hammer gun is better than striker, etc.....) ad nauseam. So it's easy to join in the fun and have a lovely fight.

    As I posted earlier, I don't focus on the second amendment in real life. But here on the internet, with y'all, I can pretend to be an expert and maybe just maybe, encounter a new idea or learn a new bit of history.

    I think it's all good.

  12. #101
    VIP Member Array jmf552's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    Virginia
    Posts
    6,852
    Quote Originally Posted by Bikenut View Post
    Perhaps the most important thing we can do for freedom is to support the rights we DON'T like.... and the rights we do like exercised in ways we don't like.
    I'm sure you remember the young guy in Springfield, MO who OC'ed an AR and a pistol in a Walmart, intentionally with the idea to test his 2A rights. He even called Walmart before he went there and asked if he could OC and a manager told him yes. He did not do anything to threaten anyone. And MO is a very gun friendly state. But he is now facing felony charges.

    Here's my point: I will go out on a limb and say this is a site for more serious than average gun owners, and more strident than average RTKABA supporters. But at least half the people on this site who discussed that incident seemed to say he was stupid for what he did and/or he got what he deserved. Personally, I stood up for him, but I was amazed how many people didn't.

    I would not have done what he did. I do think it was insensitive. But I applaud his intent, however flawed and I definitely don't think he should have been arrested at gunpoint by a non-LEO and he should not have been charged with any crime.
    Attack Squadron 65 "Tigers", USS Eisenhower '80 - '83, peackeeping w/Iran, Libya, Lebanon and E. Europe

  13. #102
    Distinguished Member Array KILTED COWBOY's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2019
    Location
    TEXAS
    Posts
    1,432
    Wow! My head is spinning from this debate.
    I think we are making this way too complicated. To me it is simple.

    "A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear arms, shall not be infringed."

    Short and sweet.
    Mike Drop.
    Bikenut likes this.

  14. #103
    Nix
    Nix is offline
    Distinguished Member Array Nix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Montana
    Posts
    1,339
    Quote Originally Posted by KILTED COWBOY View Post
    Wow! My head is spinning from this debate.
    I think we are making this way too complicated. To me it is simple.

    "A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear arms, shall not be infringed."

    Short and sweet.
    Mike Drop.

    He talks funny, but makes the same point:

    KILTED COWBOY and Merovius like this.

  15. #104
    VIP Member Array Havok's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Location
    US
    Posts
    7,061
    Quote Originally Posted by jmf552 View Post
    It does not mention dogs. It does, however, mention free speech. The only legal limits on that are extensions of the old "you can't yell 'fire' in a crowded theater. Fine. So outside of that, you have the right to say what you want, where you want. But does it make sense to use the N-word, especially within earshot of black people? You have a right to do so in this country, but you are probably going to get your butt kicked and LE is probably not going to do anything about it. If you work at any job, even a federal government job (the feds being who is charged directly with supporting the BOR) you will get fired.

    I am sure you can find differences between that and OC, but it is an example of where just because you have a right to do something, doesn't mean it is a good idea. Rights you abuse are rights you will lose.
    If saying the “N word” around black people were such a big deal, black people wouldn’t use it to refer to each other so often. As far as getting beat up and LE not doing anything about it, well assault is still a crime.

    As far as employment in the federal government is concerned, you say they are charged with defending the bill of rights, and while true, they are the biggest offenders of violating it. 1A does not mean you can’t be fired from a job for saying something, it means you can’t be put in jail for saying something the government doesn’t like.
    AzQkr and Merovius like this.
    We get the government we deserve.

  16. #105
    VIP Member Array Havok's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Location
    US
    Posts
    7,061
    Quote Originally Posted by jmf552 View Post
    I'm sure you remember the young guy in Springfield, MO who OC'ed an AR and a pistol in a Walmart, intentionally with the idea to test his 2A rights. He even called Walmart before he went there and asked if he could OC and a manager told him yes. He did not do anything to threaten anyone. And MO is a very gun friendly state. But he is now facing felony charges.

    Here's my point: I will go out on a limb and say this is a site for more serious than average gun owners, and more strident than average RTKABA supporters. But at least half the people on this site who discussed that incident seemed to say he was stupid for what he did and/or he got what he deserved. Personally, I stood up for him, but I was amazed how many people didn't.

    I would not have done what he did. I do think it was insensitive. But I applaud his intent, however flawed and I definitely don't think he should have been arrested at gunpoint by a non-LEO and he should not have been charged with any crime.
    When it comes to rights, I don’t stand up for someone based on whether I agree with their decision. I may disagree with their actions, but I’m not going to sacrifice our rights because I disagree with someone. People are willing to shred 1A over the NFL kneeling. We need to get away from this mentality.
    Nix, Bikenut and Merovius like this.
    We get the government we deserve.

Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast

Sponsored Links

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •