FL Red Flags over 100 children, as young as 8 - Page 3

FL Red Flags over 100 children, as young as 8

This is a discussion on FL Red Flags over 100 children, as young as 8 within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; I have lived in the UK/Australia/Canada and owned pistols in all 3. I holster a 9mm Glock 43X, every day here in God's Country. And ...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
Like Tree102Likes

Thread: FL Red Flags over 100 children, as young as 8

Distinguished Member Array Scouse's Avatar
    I have lived in the UK/Australia/Canada and owned pistols in all 3. I holster a 9mm Glock 43X, every day here in God's Country. And the weather is great!

This I could not have ever done in those 3 Countries, ever. So as I have done every day, for many years, I wake up with a smile, and go about my life, with my lovely wife of 26 years.

The above still allows me to be watchful as I go about my daily activities. Take a booth, face the entrance.
    retired badge 1 likes this.

Senior Member Array KILTED COWBOY's Avatar
    Soon they will begin to red flag our dogs

Quote Originally Posted by jmf552 View Post
    @SpringerXD : I hope you are aware that Psychiatry and Psychology are generally not involved in Red Flag proceedings, at least not in the ex parte (pre due process) part of it. And they really can't be. For a psyc professional to diagnose a dangerous condition, they would need to examine the patient, generally of over multiple sessions. They are not going to testify to a person's mental health without that and of course that could not be done without that person's knowledge and cooperation. They are not going to base a diagnosis on hearsay.

Generally with Red Flag proceedings, the determination that someone is a danger is done solely by the judge, who is not a psyc professional. Also, keep in mind that only about a third of mass killers are diagnosed with a dangerous mental illness. The other two-thirds are technically "sane" so a psyc determination would make no difference. You do no have to have a dangerous mental illness to be Red Flagged. You don't have to have violated any laws, or threatened violence against anyone. It only requires that family members or LE think you might be a threat and a judge buys off on it.
    ^^^THIS^^^ is a very well written and succinct commentary on the subject under discussion.

How long do you think it will be until the political critters pass another law that provides a legal presumption of mental illness to permit involuntary commitments of anyone who owns firearms, has ammunition, participates on firearm-related internet forums, or expresses disagreement with the government in any way, shape, or form? I think that day is closer than any of us might wish to consider.
    SouthernBoyVA and Mike1956 like this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    DefensiveCarry.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by jmf552 View Post
    @SpringerXD : I hope you are aware that Psychiatry and Psychology are generally not involved in Red Flag proceedings, at least not in the ex parte (pre due process) part of it. And they really can't be. For a psyc professional to diagnose a dangerous condition, they would need to examine the patient, generally of over multiple sessions. They are not going to testify to a person's mental health without that and of course that could not be done without that person's knowledge and cooperation. They are not going to base a diagnosis on hearsay.

Generally with Red Flag proceedings, the determination that someone is a danger is done solely by the judge, who is not a psyc professional. Also, keep in mind that only about a third of mass killers are diagnosed with a dangerous mental illness. The other two-thirds are technically "sane" so a psyc determination would make no difference. You do no have to have a dangerous mental illness to be Red Flagged. You don't have to have violated any laws, or threatened violence against anyone. It only requires that family members or LE think you might be a threat and a judge buys off on it.
    That's correct, but where I was coming from is that psychology has been given a certain amount of "validity" over the years that it really doesn't deserve. My memory is fuzzy on this, but one of the leftist idiots (Feinstein, maybe?) pushed a law saying that ALL returning Gulf War vets were to be denied gun ownership because they "might" have PTSD.

And as for judges? They have gotten WAY out of hand in legislating from the bench, so in your scenario above, anyone anywhere can declare someone they don't like as a "threat" and some boneheaded judge can then trample all over that person's rights.

This will seem off-topic, but it's actually quite relevant here and it has happened in all 50 states. There have been cases where a man dated a single mom, never married or even engaged to her, just dated or saw her socially. Then the couple broke up and the guy was ordered by a judge to pay child support for her kid(s) until they turned 18. That's because the guy was seen as a "father figure" to the children for a while. Note that there is NO law behind this, only the orders of a judge. And if that man fails to pay or falls behind on his payments, he goes to jail as a "deadbeat dad." Again, it has happened in all 50 states.

So one solution to the problem is to reign in these out-of-control judges, once and for all.
    msgt/ret, sdprof, OldVet and 1 others like this.
    "I practice the ancient art of Klik Pao."

-miklcolt45

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Sponsored Links