Not even an air rifle is safe from the liberals...

This is a discussion on Not even an air rifle is safe from the liberals... within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Some people I know will be like Timmy....

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree58Likes

Thread: Not even an air rifle is safe from the liberals...

Some people I know will be like Timmy.

Not even an air rifle is safe from the liberals...-timmy.jpg
    "Don't drive your truck when you're all jacked up..." Gretchen Wilson
    2% of the U.S. population thinks the Cold War was caused by climate change

That is a funny meme, thanks. I think it raises an issue that I started a thread on not too long ago. There was some good discussion, but I don't think there was a conclusive answer. The question, and I am not still not sure of the answer myself, is: What good is some gun that has been declared illegal, or prohibited from your use, that is buried or otherwise hidden in an attempt to have it not confiscated?
    • Unless you bury it far, far away, you can't be sure the confiscators still won't find it. If they really want it, the gov't has ground and wall penetrating detection devices that would find your stash if it were close. Then you have lost your buried gun and you get arrested for not following the confiscation order.
    • But say you are able to hide it where they will never find it. You can't practice with it. You can't use it to defend your home. You can't even take it out in private and admire it. It is, for most purposes gone, unless you dig it up and then the whole can of worms opens up again.
    • Under what circumstances would you dig it up? Some future fantasized citizen uprising? That would assume: That some rebel entity that does not exist now will appear to organize it. That citizens who were too apathetic to fight for their rights at the polls, or too scared to start shooting when the confiscation got ordered, will all of a sudden become organized revolutionaries?
    • I suppose a buried gun and ammo might be useful for self protection if there was an eventual SHTF scenario where there is no law, like Bosnia and Argentina in the past and Venezuela now. But then it could not be buried too far away, or getting to it before someone gets to you might be a problem.

Just my musings...
    Attack Squadron 65 "Tigers", USS Eisenhower '80 - '83, peackeeping w/Iran, Libya, Lebanon and E. Europe

Quote Originally Posted by jmf552 View Post
    That is a funny meme, thanks. I think it raises an issue that I started a thread on not too long ago. There was some good discussion, but I don't think there was a conclusive answer. The question, and I am not still not sure of the answer myself, is: What good is some gun that has been declared illegal, or prohibited from your use, that is buried or otherwise hidden in an attempt to have it not confiscated?
    • Unless you bury it far, far away, you can't be sure the confiscators still won't find it. If they really want it, the gov't has ground and wall penetrating detection devices that would find your stash if it were close. Then you have lost your buried gun and you get arrested for not following the confiscation order.
    • But say you are able to hide it where they will never find it. You can't practice with it. You can't use it to defend your home. You can't even take it out in private and admire it. It is, for most purposes gone, unless you dig it up and then the whole can of worms opens up again.
    • Under what circumstances would you dig it up? Some future fantasized citizen uprising? That would assume: That some rebel entity that does not exist now will appear to organize it. That citizens who were too apathetic to fight for their rights at the polls, or too scared to start shooting when the confiscation got ordered, will all of a sudden become organized revolutionaries?
    • I suppose a buried gun and ammo might be useful for self protection if there was an eventual SHTF scenario where there is no law, like Bosnia and Argentina in the past and Venezuela now. But then it could not be buried too far away, or getting to it before someone gets to you might be a problem.

Just my musings...
    I don't think there is a conclusive answer. I think it depends a lot on where you live, how much of a "target" you have made of yourself, etc.

4. Remove Advertisements
    DefensiveCarry.com
    Advertisements

Excerpt from Selco Begovic's "The Dark Secrets of SHTF Survival", pg 111-112;

Owning weapons
    There used to be a law about weapons here, where I live, before the war. And yes, you could own a weapon but it was such a hard law that actually not too many people owned legal weapons.
    And right when the SHT the F, first thing that happened was the confiscation of legal weapons, based on lists of who own legal weapons. Now what people could do then was to say, “This is my legal weapon. I have a right to own it, by the law.” And those who did that usually got shot.

There were 20 heavily armed guys at your door asking nicely for your weapon, to be turned over to them in the name of “law” as an effort of a government that wanted to calm down a chaotic situation.
    Sometimes if you said no, those guys would simply destroy the whole house with RPGs and bombs. And guess what that meant?

Folks who owned legal weapon lost them even before the big SHTF. And a lot of guys who owned them in an illegal way hidden somewhere still own them when SHTF.
    Illegal and legal have different meanings in different times and based who says those words, so think about it.

I am not saying that it will go like that there where you are. What I do say is you that you need to think a bit outside the box when it comes to owning things.

My thoughts on this
    For many years I found it ridiculous not to have an illegal (not traceable) weapon stored somewhere safe for the bad times.

When SHTF and when (if) guys show up on my doorstep to confiscate my weapon what will I do? I will give them the weapon that they know about. What else I should do?
    Practice my rights?

Nope.

I have more of that stuff. It’s not worth it to fight over the one they know about.
    Interesting insight from a fellow who had to live through the Balkan wars in the early 90's and was stuck in a besieged city for a couple of years.

My biggest problem is that I've sold dozens of guns. A few I even gave away over the years. Good luck on me getting them to believe I no longer have that AK and two HK91's I sold in a private sale years and years ago...

If ya gotta break out shovels, it's probably already time to start shooting.

Quote Originally Posted by entertainment72 View Post
    If ya gotta break out shovels, it's probably already time to start shooting.
    Good observation!

We shouldn't make fun of concerns over mass pelletings.
    NECCdude and G26Raven like this.
    "Lots of ways to help people. Sometimes heal patients; sometimes shoot dangerous people. Either way helps."
    - Dr. Mordin Solus

Quote Originally Posted by G26Raven View Post
    I don't think there is a conclusive answer. I think it depends a lot on where you live, how much of a "target" you have made of yourself, etc.
    Please say more about what you are thinking there, I'm interested. Please describe what you see as the extremes of those factors and how they would change your thinking. I am starting to feel the beginnings of some decisions for myself.
    Attack Squadron 65 "Tigers", USS Eisenhower '80 - '83, peackeeping w/Iran, Libya, Lebanon and E. Europe

Just my musings...
    The root of the problem is that one of the core principles "we" (responsible gun owners) hold is being law-abiding citizens. If a law is passed to ban/prohibit certain weapons we cannot keep those items and still consider ourselves "law abiding". But, what if that law is unconstitutional and therefore invalid? I'm not a religious man, but if a law was passed that outlawed religion, I would fully support anyone who wanted to practice their faith because I know that law is unconstitutional. Now, with respect to firearms, I believe all/most of us here understand the intent and scope of the 2A and there are many current and proposed laws that run counter to 2A or do a complete end run around it. E.g. automatic weapons are not "illegal". NFA was implemented as a TAX, but the requirements in order to have the privileged of paying that tax are significant. But, we are not the authorized arbiters of what is and is not constitutional. So, if a law is passed requiring people to turn in their legally acquired property (which is protected by the constitution) we are in a pickle. Unless or until it is found unconstitutional (by SCOTUS), we can either be law-abiding and hand them over or keep them and become criminals.

Please say more about what you are thinking there, I'm interested. Please describe what you see as the extremes of those factors and how they would change your thinking. I am starting to feel the beginnings of some decisions for myself.
    I haven't really thought it through completely. I can tell you a woman to whom I am very close, and who is one of the most law abiding people I know, told me when Obama threatened to outlaw "assault rifles" that she would bury her AR15 before she gave it up. At the time, we lived at the beach in California and had a front lawn that was maybe 30 feet by 8 feet.

I found a photo of ole' BETO searching for buried guns!!!

Not even an air rifle is safe from the liberals...-27e13d8ad4ab4d6995e17b24f9a5b807.jpg

@Psycho41 The BAD news for the government is that our country is filled with law abiding people who, should the foolhardy deem them criminals, know a great deal about being a very, very good insurgent.
    "The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has limits."

Senior Member Array KILTED COWBOY's Avatar
    I will not abide any law created by the government to circumvent my God given rights under the Constitution.
    The Constitution can only be changed by using the amendment process so brilliantly developed by our founders.
    We fought a war against unjust laws imposed on us by our government (England)
    Read the Declaration of Independence.
    I pray that it never comes that far that the government would cause us all to be criminals for abiding to the Constitution.

Distinguished Member Array The Old Anglo's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by G26Raven View Post
    Some people I know will be like Timmy.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Timmy.jpg 
Views:	16 
Size:	133.9 KB 
ID:	303832
    The day this happens is the End of America as we know it!!!.
    G26Raven and airslot like this.

Distinguished Member Array NECCdude's Avatar
    The image and caption reminds me of some movies where the main character digs up guns from various locations when needed. Usually in Europe.
    G26Raven and airslot like this.
    Member NRA, SAF, GOA, NFOA, USCCA

Microwave radio technicians are fully deviated.

The meme is meant as humor, but some places it is true. New Jersey has for decades required a rifle/shotgun permit to purchase an air rifle, or even a Red Ryder BB gun. That was not too much of a problem as people just bought them over the bridge in Philly. I think about 7 or so years ago, they made it illegal for children to use them and the parents could face some serious penalties. I believe, and not positive about this part, that the BB guns could be purchased with an adult rifle/shotgun permit and then children could use them. Not completely certain about that part. Anyway, crazy there.
    G26Raven likes this.
    It takes a Viking to raze a village.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Sponsored Links