Anybody going to the 2A Rally in DC?

This is a discussion on Anybody going to the 2A Rally in DC? within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; This sounds really interesting. Wish I knew about it a lot sooner. Be At the Second Amendment Rally at the US Capitol in Washington, DC ...

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree59Likes

Thread: Anybody going to the 2A Rally in DC?

This sounds really interesting. Wish I knew about it a lot sooner.

Be At the Second Amendment Rally at the US Capitol in Washington, DC on November 2

Where will you be on November 2? Given recent events and efforts to outlaw and confiscate lawfully owned firearms from law-abiding Americans, you need to be in Washington, DC for the Second Amendment Rally on the Capitol lawn. It will be the of one of the biggest pro-gun grassroots gatherings in recent memory.

Anybody going to the 2A Rally in DC?-flyerimage.png

https://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/be...on-november-2/
    dp1911, OD*, gatorbait51 and 2 others like this.
    I'm with Joe Biden - you can't have 50 clips in a weapon!
    Learning occurs only after repetitive, demoralizing failures.
    We are ALL Virginians!

Distinguished Member Array KILTED COWBOY's Avatar
    Hope it is a success.
    I try to avoid demonstrations where I can not carry.
    I wonder if carry will be an option at this event.
    The capital Lawn? DC?

Quote Originally Posted by KILTED COWBOY View Post
    Hope it is a success.
    I try to avoid demonstrations where I can not carry.
    I wonder if carry will be an option at this event.
    The capital Lawn? DC?
    Given the laws in DC, I am pretty sure nobody will be carrying there.
    gatorbait51 likes this.
    We are ALL Virginians!

4. Remove Advertisements
    DefensiveCarry.com
    Advertisements

Per the VCDL re: this event:

Carry, even with a DC CHP, isn't going to be allowed at this event as the DC Police can post rallies, parades, and protests as "no carry" zones. Also, the Secret Service will be screening attendees if the President and/or Vice President is going to be present. (Trump and Pence are invited to speak. No idea if they actually will and we might not know until the day of.)

The VCDL is organizing carpools, even though they are not involved organizing the event. I seriously considered going, but I'm having cataract surgery three days before and it just didn't seem like a good idea medically. If something goes wrong with the surgery, I want to be near my doctor.

My plan had been to drive up to Springfield, VA, armed, park in the Metro lot and lock my gun in my car, then take the Metro to the event. I do hope the event goes well and a lot of people turn out.
    Attack Squadron 65 "Tigers", USS Eisenhower '80 - '83, peackeeping w/Iran, Libya, Lebanon and E. Europe

VIP Member
    A DC gun rights event seems like a bit of an oxymoron.

Good luck and best wishes to all who do attend.
    "Stop being dangerous, and you become edible." William Aprill

"Slaves, enjoy your freedom." Chuck Klosterman

And this is why we will lose. We're too busy having lives of our own to spend time protesting. Whereas the left have a rabid group of stay at home moms with nannies to take care of the kids, and college kids who should be studying but demonstrate instead.

Quote Originally Posted by gnius View Post
    And this is why we will lose. We're too busy having lives of our own to spend time protesting. Whereas the left have a rabid group of stay at home moms with nannies to take care of the kids, and college kids who should be studying but demonstrate instead.
    I think what you're saying is substantially true. I blame our side for all the bad stuff that is going on. In a war, you can't blame the other side for beating ours. It's their job to beat us. You have to blame our side for not fighting hard enough. I really believe if every gun owner belonged to a gun rights organization, contributed what they could spare to those organizations, wrote their legislators and turned up for events like this, we would not be looking at threats to our gun rights.

But don't tar us all with the same brush. I do all of the above and I participate in VCDL events regularly, sometimes in a leadership role. As I said, only a medical issue is keeping me from this event. So will you be there?

IMHO, though, the organizers did not give their audience enough notice on this and did not spread the word wide enough. People were not clear about the provenance of this event. Few recognized the name of the organizing group. Even the VCDL needed two weeks do research who was really behind it before they recommended it to their membership. Also, because of who is involved and that the NRA is not involved, or even recommending it, some people thought it might be an "anti-NRA" event, which it is not. The NRA so far does not seem to be jumping on the bandwagon for it, possibly because some "Save the Second" people are involved.
    Attack Squadron 65 "Tigers", USS Eisenhower '80 - '83, peackeeping w/Iran, Libya, Lebanon and E. Europe

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by gnius View Post
    When they have such events in Columbus, Ohio, I am often there. As for DC, I don't go into enemy territory unarmed.
    gatorbait51, ugh762x39 and Sister like this.

Senior Moderator
    Read the comments under the article linked above. It is amazing how ignorant some folks truly are, and then argue when an answer they don't appreciate is provided. Eating our young, even if they are toothless wonders.

I truly hope this turns out well, with hundreds of thousands massing for the event. We gun owners could use a "pick me up".
    Mike1956, Sister and gatorbait51 like this.
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ: Buy These Stickers Here

"If we suppose them sincere, we must pity their ignorance; if insincere, we must abhor the spirit of deception which it betrays." Alexander Hamilton

Quote Originally Posted by jmf552 View Post

IMHO, though, the organizers did not give their audience enough notice on this and did not spread the word wide enough. People were not clear about the provenance of this event. Few recognized the name of the organizing group. Even the VCDL needed two weeks do research who was really behind it before they recommended it to their membership. Also, because of who is involved and that the NRA is not involved, or even recommending it, some people thought it might be an "anti-NRA" event, which it is not. The NRA so far does not seem to be jumping on the bandwagon for it, possibly because some "Save the Second" people are involved.
    That's my issue. I could have gone with a bit more notice so I could budget and make arrangements.
    gatorbait51 likes this.
    We are ALL Virginians!

Iím a bit confused as to the laws there; so ok, nobody can carry a gun as this is the DC law. Could it be called a ďParadeĒ so folks could drive tanks down the street? Itís not open carry since you would be driving it
    G26Raven and G-man* like this.
    Trust God always in every thing you do 🙏

UDC member, Rebels with a cause.

EPSTEIN DIDNíT KILL HIMSELF

I do not protest or attend rallys. This is not a prerequisite if my rights.

The way I see it, is that instead of all this hoopla, the best way to make them leave us alone is to just be plain and clear about about what we understand the 2A means.

And if they donít hear it, they must feel it when they cross the lines of unlawful transgressions.
    Because that is absolutely what itís coming down to.

Instead of wasting time pandering to politicians who are two faced and money hungry, and protesting, we need to be organizing and networking as one armed militia so that we can coordinate and assist each other when these treasonous actions are put in to effect.

Im weary of the political bs. We are beyond that. A United armed and organized populace ready to defend against this crap is all that these people will understand.
    Always was, always will be.
    Sister, dp1911, Mike1956 and 2 others like this.
    " Blessed is that man, who when facing death, thinks only of his front sight.Ē
    -Jeff Cooper

ď Looking around doesnít cost you anything; and itís a healthy habitĒ
    -Joe Foss

Quote Originally Posted by Sister View Post
    Iím a bit confused as to the laws there; so ok, nobody can carry a gun as this is the DC law. Could it be called a ďParadeĒ so folks could drive tanks down the street? Itís not open carry since you would be driving it
    They could put a horse head on their AR and "ride" it down the street...
    Sister likes this.
    We are ALL Virginians!

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by G-man* View Post
    I do not protest or attend rallys. This is not a prerequisite if my rights.

The way I see it, is that instead of all this hoopla, the best way to make them leave us alone is to just be plain and clear about about what we understand the 2A means.

And if they donít hear it, they must feel it when they cross the lines of unlawful transgressions.
    Because that is absolutely what itís coming down to.

Instead of wasting time pandering to politicians who are two faced and money hungry, and protesting, we need to be organizing and networking as one armed militia so that we can coordinate and assist each other when these treasonous actions are put in to effect.

Im weary of the political bs. We are beyond that. A United armed and organized populace ready to defend against this crap is all that these people will understand.
    Always was, always will be.
    Talk like this will get you on several more lists.

Hence the like.
    G-man* and ugh762x39 like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Sister View Post
    What the rally should be is one million armed citizens showing up unannounced locked and loaded with ARís and congregating peacefully for a few hours with banners saying ď Donít make us come back!Ē
    Bikenut and Sister like this.
    " Blessed is that man, who when facing death, thinks only of his front sight.Ē
    -Jeff Cooper

ď Looking around doesnít cost you anything; and itís a healthy habitĒ
    -Joe Foss

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Sponsored Links