Beto says police will enforce his gun confiscation plan - Page 3

Beto says police will enforce his gun confiscation plan

This is a discussion on Beto says police will enforce his gun confiscation plan within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; I pity the fool that comes for my guns ......

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast
Like Tree189Likes

Thread: Beto says police will enforce his gun confiscation plan

sgb
    I pity the fool that comes for my guns ...
    ugh762x39 and The Old Anglo like this.
    " It's easier to avoid conflict than it is to survive it, but if you have to play ..... play to WIN!!!"
    Best Choices for Self Defense Ammunition

Quote Originally Posted by KILTED COWBOY View Post
    I have never thought about that scenario.
    Truly frightening.
    That my friends would be the day that would go down in history when the 2nd civil war started.
    More like the second Revolution. If it ever gets to that point, it will be time to send all the usurpers to Hell or Cuba.

Quote Originally Posted by retired badge 1 View Post
    ...Personally, I have notified both of my state senators and my congressional representative that when the day comes that they want to pick up all the firearms and ammunition all they have to do is stop by the house, and I will give them the ammunition first. One bozo took it as a personal threat, if you can imagine that...
    Red Flag! Red Flag!
    Quick, somebody: Where's my safe space?

OK. Here's the real Red Flag:
    (The International)
    "Arise, ye prisoners of starvation,
    Arise, ye wretched of the earth,
    For justice thunders condemnation..."
    ugh762x39 and OldChap like this.
    Steve
    Retired Leathersmith and Practical Shooter

"Qui desiderat pacem, prśparet bellum."

4. Remove Advertisements
    DefensiveCarry.com
    Advertisements

Beto's threat does create a couple of dilemmas for me. First, If police officers showed up at my door to take my guns, I can't see shooting it out with them. For the most part, cops are well meaning people, fellow law abiding citizens, protectors of the community, just doing their job no matter how misguided. They probably would not want to be doing a confiscation, but they would have to follow orders to do so. Second, it would be a losing battle. They would call in reinforcements and I would wind up dead or in prison for the rest of my life. So that is not an option for me.

People here have rightly said the government does not have the capacity to confiscate all outlawed guns. That is true. But they don't have to. They will do token confiscations to show the media. They will do confiscations when someone is red flagged, when someone has their house visited by police for some other reason and the guns are found, and when the government wants to harass someone and they have a shred of evidence that person may have prohibited guns. Most importantly, they will have made those guns useless for practical purposes. You won't be able to take prohibited guns to the range or use them for SD. You will have to worry about buying ammo or parts for them or even letting anyone know you have them.

So I don't think they can accomplish actual, across the board confiscation, but they can put us all under the threat of confiscation, which is almost as bad.
    Nix, graydude, Hoganbeg and 1 others like this.
    Attack Squadron 65 "Tigers", USS Eisenhower '80 - '83, peackeeping w/Iran, Libya, Lebanon and E. Europe

Quote Originally Posted by jmf552 View Post
    Most importantly, they will have made those guns useless for practical purposes. You won't be able to take prohibited guns to the range or use them for SD. You will have to worry about buying ammo or parts for them or even letting anyone know you have them.
    Great point.
    Retired USAF E-8. Curmudgeon on the loose.
    Lighten up and enjoy life because:
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your life it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... Buffalo Springfield - For What It's Worth

Beto's threat does create a couple of dilemmas for me. First, If police officers showed up at my door to take my guns, I can't see shooting it out with them. For the most part, cops are well meaning people, fellow law abiding citizens, protectors of the community, just doing their job no matter how misguided. They probably would not want to be doing a confiscation, but they would have to follow orders to do so. Second, it would be a losing battle. They would call in reinforcements and I would wind up dead or in prison for the rest of my life. So that is not an option for me.

People here have rightly said the government does not have the capacity to confiscate all outlawed guns. That is true. But they don't have to. They will do token confiscations to show the media. They will do confiscations when someone is red flagged, when someone has their house visited by police for some other reason and the guns are found, and when the government wants to harass someone and they have a shred of evidence that person may have prohibited guns. Most importantly, they will have made those guns useless for practical purposes. You won't be able to take prohibited guns to the range or use them for SD. You will have to worry about buying ammo or parts for them or even letting anyone know you have them.

So I don't think they can accomplish actual, across the board confiscation, but they can put us all under the threat of confiscation, which is almost as bad.
    The SS soldiers were also just doing their job, no matter how misguided. Is disarming the population somehow protecting the community?
    MMinSC and Hoganbeg like this.
    We get the government we deserve.

Quote Originally Posted by SouthernBoyVA View Post
    Yes, you're right about this. My premise was that the call should have gone out allowing sufficient time to do what was necessary to protect themselves. What was done during Katrina was criminal and both the mayor and the police chief should have been arrested by local county sheriffs and prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law in order to set an example of what comes to faux authorities when the try to usurp the most fundamental rights of We the People.
    I believe it was the Sherrif who was behind the whole thing. How do you suppose that call was supposed to go out? This was 14 years ago. The city had been destroyed by the worst storm in our nations history in a time. Itís not like people were able to pull out their smart phone and start a thread here on DC and in every Facebook group they could find to let the world know what was going on.

Quote Originally Posted by Havok View Post
    I believe it was the Sherrif who was behind the whole thing. How do you suppose that call was supposed to go out? This was 14 years ago. The city had been destroyed by the worst storm in our nations history in a time. Itís not like people were able to pull out their smart phone and start a thread here on DC and in every Facebook group they could find to let the world know what was going on.
    Well let's see. Cell phones have been in common use since the 70's so there is that. However, My guess is getting a connection would be less that common during that storm. Word could get out but unfortunately, as was already pointed out, probably few were expecting this sort of behavior by their employee servants. Perhaps they have learned a lesson for the next go 'round.

Please keep in mind that I was stating my opinion on the subject. The logistics are an entirely different thing. When Hurricane Andrew devastated parts of Florida, a lot of homeowners armed up since there was on-going looting taking place. I see very little difference between looters and armed faux authorities coming onto your property to steal your firearms.
    retired badge 1 likes this.
    In the final seconds of your life, just before your killer is about to dispatch you to that great eternal darkness, what would you rather have in your hand? A cell phone or a gun?

America First!

The SS soldiers were also just doing their job, no matter how misguided. Is disarming the population somehow protecting the community?
    No, it's not, hence the dilemma.

I don't think the SS is the right comparison, though. Those guys were not army or police, just doing their jobs. They were a paramilitary comprised of zealots whose allegiance was not to Germany, per se, but to the Nazi Party and the person of Hitler himself (as opposed to his role as Chancellor). It would be like if Joe Biden became president and raised his own Democratic Party paramilitary organization that did not report to DOD, DOJ, DHS, or any other established executive department. It would report up through the head of the Democratic party and then to Biden. If that came to pass, I could shoot one of those guys.
    Attack Squadron 65 "Tigers", USS Eisenhower '80 - '83, peackeeping w/Iran, Libya, Lebanon and E. Europe

Do you not think much the same thought occurred to the patriots in 1776? Do you think they ran home and surrendered because of King George's edicts? Do you think there were those who warned it might be a losing battle?

I think a great many people are willing to fight, even to the death if need be, for freedom. Were that a lie, I should think we would need conscription to fill the ranks of the military. There are some things worth dying for. Freedom and the threat of tyranny are one.
    "The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has limits."

No, it's not, hence the dilemma.

I don't think the SS is the right comparison, though. Those guys were not army or police, just doing their jobs. They were a paramilitary comprised of zealots whose allegiance was not to Germany, per se, but to the Nazi Party and the person of Hitler himself (as opposed to his role as Chancellor). It would be like if Joe Biden became president and raised his own Democratic Party paramilitary organization that did not report to DOD, DOJ, DHS, or any other established executive department. It would report up through the head of the Democratic party and then to Biden. If that came to pass, I could shoot one of those guys.
    I see your point about the differences in structural organization, but if youíre the guy getting your door kicked in, whatís the difference? In both cases they are carrying out orders against the citizens because they best serve the government. Is SS an extreme comparison? Yes it is, and thatís on purpose.

Quote Originally Posted by OldChap View Post
    Do you not think much the same thought occurred to the patriots in 1776? Do you think they ran home and surrendered because of King George's edicts? Do you think there were those who warned it might be a losing battle?

I think a great many people are willing to fight, even to the death if need be, for freedom. Were that a lie, I should think we would need conscription to fill the ranks of the military. There are some things worth dying for. Freedom and the threat of tyranny are one.
    I am willing to fight. I served in a combat role in the Mideast back in the day. It's just I would have a hard time shooting a local cop, on principle. Our local PD seems like some really nice guys.

BTW, if you want to see a good TV show re: what you're talking about, I just starting watching "Turn: Washington's Spies." It's a dramatization of a true story about a simple cabbage farmer on Long Island who is initially loyal to King George, but his family and friends are divided. He sees some British atrocities and turns his allegiance to the Revolution. Washington code-names him Samuel Culper and he becomes the head of the Culper Gang that was a very effective spy ring against the British. The show digs deep into the divided loyalties theme and how the Revolution initially seemed like a futile effort until it really got going.
    OldChap and retired badge 1 like this.

@jmf552 Turn is an excellent series. We watched every episode. Such is the stuff of retirement!
    "The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has limits."

I am willing to fight. I served in a combat role in the Mideast back in the day. It's just I would have a hard time shooting a local cop, on principle. Our local PD seems like some really nice guys.

BTW, if you want to see a good TV show re: what you're talking about, I just starting watching "Turn: Washington's Spies." It's a dramatization of a true story about a simple cabbage farmer on Long Island who is initially loyal to King George, but his family and friends are divided. He sees some British atrocities and turns his allegiance to the Revolution. Washington code-names him Samuel Culper and he becomes the head of the Culper Gang that was a very effective spy ring against the British. The show digs deep into the divided loyalties theme and how the Revolution initially seemed like a futile effort until it really got going.
    Probably about as hard of a time as 97% of the colonists has shooting the red coats.

Probably about as hard of a time as the colonists has shooting the red coats.
    I think it's different. The colonialists were multi-generational Americans. Most had never been to Britain or ever wanted to go. They had to put up with a lot of crap from the red coats on a regular basis. The British troops were intentionally never on an equal or friendly basis with the locals. It was always an "us versus them" situation even before war broke out.

I got cops who live in my neighborhood who I wave at when I'm walking my dog.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Sponsored Links