Beto says police will enforce his gun confiscation plan - Page 5

Beto says police will enforce his gun confiscation plan

This is a discussion on Beto says police will enforce his gun confiscation plan within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Beto is Fredo...OK??....

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast
Like Tree189Likes

Thread: Beto says police will enforce his gun confiscation plan

Distinguished Member Array The Old Anglo's Avatar
    Beto is Fredo...OK??.
    Havok likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by M1911A1 View Post
    Just being as accurate as possible.
    Also, it's important to realize that only a somewhat more than half of the colonists were pro-revolution.
    Many were neutral, and quite a significant number were loyal subjects of the Crown.

If there's an armed revolt sometime soon, we may expect that the proportions might well be similar.
    There will be significant apathy, and many who will oppose any revolt against what they perceive to be the legally-constituted government.

Don't count your allies before they march.
    I think maybe you misunderstood my previous post, and it may have been because it was written sarcastically. I was referencing the number of people(supposedly) who did NOT take up arms against the red coats. I agree with what you're saying though.
    We get the government we deserve.

Quote Originally Posted by jmf552 View Post
    A lot of cops ARE confiscating guns though red flag. In FL, an 8-year old was red flagged. FL has red flagged over 2,500 people in the short time they have had the law, including over 100 minors. Cops had to implement those orders. Did they rationalize it that they were preventing 2,500 mass shootings? I have yet to hear of a cop refusing to implement a red flag order.

BTW, the feds cannot order local police to do anything but there is a federal bill being proposed that would make anyone red flagged a "prohibited person" for NICS checks. So the feds could prohibit the locals from ever giving the guns back.
    Our town has less that 2,000 people so it is not like most other towns and cities. Too small and people know the police. I still rather doubt our local police force would do something like this.
    In the final seconds of your life, just before your killer is about to dispatch you to that great eternal darkness, what would you rather have in your hand? A cell phone or a gun?

America First!

4. Remove Advertisements
    DefensiveCarry.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by jmf552 View Post
    I am willing to fight. I served in a combat role in the Mideast back in the day. It's just I would have a hard time shooting a local cop, on principle. Our local PD seems like some really nice guys.

BTW, if you want to see a good TV show re: what you're talking about, I just starting watching "Turn: Washington's Spies." It's a dramatization of a true story about a simple cabbage farmer on Long Island who is initially loyal to King George, but his family and friends are divided. He sees some British atrocities and turns his allegiance to the Revolution. Washington code-names him Samuel Culper and he becomes the head of the Culper Gang that was a very effective spy ring against the British. The show digs deep into the divided loyalties theme and how the Revolution initially seemed like a futile effort until it really got going.
    Historians generally agree that there were never more than about 2% of the population actively engaged in the American Revolution, and most of those were enrolled for periods of less than 6 months (they had farms to tend and families to feed). Roughly half of the population remained loyal to King George, and quite a few ended up fleeing to Canada rather than face ostracism and abuse in their communities. Frankly, there was quite a bit of activity that could only be described as terrorism during the American Revolution, with assaults on Torrey supporters and burning of their homes and businesses a rather common occurrence.

War is an ugly and disgusting thing to contemplate. Insurgency and civil strife accompanying a revolution are particularly ugly, and I hope something never to be repeated.

What will I do if confronted with unconstitutional demands at my home? That remains to be seen. I don't want to see it, and I hope that those in my government do not want to see it either.
    airslot, Hoganbeg, jmf552 and 2 others like this.

flh
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Beto says police will enforce his gun confiscation plan-img_2004.jpg  

Go Pack Go

Don't try to get into my head there's barely enough room for me in there .

Sonic .

Senior Member Array KILTED COWBOY's Avatar
    I do not worry about Robert Francis making it anywhere near the White House except maybe on a tour.
    There were only about a handful of his supporters at a counter rally he held near Dallas Thursday.
    But his radical ideas on gun laws are making it into the discussion and there are enough ignorant people out there
    who will not do their homework. Emotional voters,

Quote Originally Posted by Havok View Post
    Force? No, but federal funding is a powerful tool.
    Our town receives no federal funding at all, however your point is well taken. The real danger in attempted federal confiscation is further separation of the People from their public servants and at the extreme, some states deciding to secede. I really don't see that happening just like I think that the chance of a federal confiscation at this time is not all that great. But one would be a fool to stick their head in the sand and pretend that the possibility of something like this, mass confiscation, is just fantasy. Quite the contrary. Most of the democratic candidates running for their party's nomination do seem to support some level of confiscation. I think that if this were to take place, there would be a lot of violent encounters. Let's just hope nothing comes of this talk.
    Havok likes this.
    In the final seconds of your life, just before your killer is about to dispatch you to that great eternal darkness, what would you rather have in your hand? A cell phone or a gun?

America First!

Quote Originally Posted by beebee View Post
    Its only my opinion, but I have NO doubts that if a confiscation order ever came down, even without suspending the 2A, local, county, and state police would have NO problem following the directive, and would do it without hesitation, and with NO second thoughts..["Just doing my job"].. Same with the military.. they would follow orders.. A small percentage of police or military would not comply, but I would think it would be an insignificant number under say 5%.

There may come a day when those of us who use the term "molon labe" will really have to decide if the 2A is worth fighting for.
    I am not a conspiracy theorist, but lets face it my good friends, confiscation is now openly discussed as a perfectly acceptable government response to the "gun problem in this country", by the nations largest political party. It may happen one day before too very long.. We'll then see how the "molon labe" mindset plays.. Sad to say, I think when most 2A proponents see swarms of armed troops/police get out of armored personnel carriers, clad in riot gear with fully automatic weapons at the ready, they will simply capitulate, rather than try and shoot it out with aggressive,fast,strong, well armed and trained young men that outnumber them badly... It will not be the aging, fat, friendly local beat cop that comes for your guns..We do have the numbers, but we are separate, and not well organized compared to government entities. Add to that probably half our fellow citizens want no one to own guns of any type.. Confiscation will have huge support... I might be a downer, but I live in NY state where the NY SAFE ACT enjoys a 67% statewide approval rating, so I tend to look at gun laws from a decidedly negative viewpoint. bob
    Can't use the military for domestic situations.

As for local, county, and state police doing this, perhaps in some states you might see this. But in many, if not most, I rather doubt it. Just for kicks, ask your police chief of just some cops on the street you see. Get their take on this and see what they have to say. Most of America is rural and pretty open. In the close-in suburban areas and larger cities is where something like this has a better chance of taking place. But in the more rural areas, I don't think you'd see much at all of happening.

America First!

Quote Originally Posted by SouthernBoyVA View Post

As for local, county, and state police doing this, perhaps in some states you might see this. But in many, if not most, I rather doubt it. Just for kicks, ask your police chief of just some cops on the street you see. Get their take on this and see what they have to say. Most of America is rural and pretty open. In the close-in suburban areas and larger cities is where something like this has a better chance of taking place. But in the more rural areas, I don't think you'd see much at all of happening.
    My problem is every time I move farther away from a city, the city seems to catch up with me.
    Next time I am going to move so far away the city will never find me.
    CavemanBob and simple_man17 like this.

Well, giving the OVERWHELMING compliance in Canada and New Zealand.....I think he is a bit optimistic.

Quote Originally Posted by SouthernBoyVA View Post

You will see it in urban centers, especially places like NYC, Baltimore, Sh*tcago, LA, SF, Seattle, Portland. But once you are outside the limits of the city and the jurisdiction of the big city police departments, it will be rare.
    The Old Anglo likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by simple_man17 View Post
    You will see it in urban centers, especially places like NYC, Baltimore, Sh*tcago, LA, SF, Seattle, Portland. But once you are outside the limits of the city and the jurisdiction of the big city police departments, it will be rare.
    Seems like most guns in the big cities are in the possession of the street gangs.
    I would love to see them go in and try to take them away from them. I am sure they will be peaceful and comply
    firemanjoe likes this.

Distinguished Member Array CavemanBob's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by simple_man17 View Post
    Perhaps but the trend isn't good. In Colorado, mostly rural, but that's practically irrelevant, the power center is the Denver-Boulder corridor which is dominated by the left. Increasingly, the state immigrants, many of whom are fleeing places like California, are moving to towns such as Longmont and Greeley which up until recently have been conservative, agriculture based economies, but no longer. The politics of these small cities are now dominated by by the left and despite having issues such as rampant opiod and meth issues, the city council sees issues such as climate change to be of over-riding importance.
    https://engage.longmontcolorado.gov/...ncy-resolution

It doesn't take long after the population centers of these rural counties become controlled by the left, that soon the sphere of influence controls the entire county, much as Denver-Boulder now control the agenda of the entire state of Colorado and we get laws such as our new "red-flag" law which is one of the most aggregious versions of the red-flag laws in the country, the point of which is not gun-safety, but rather the harrassment and intimidation of lawful gun owners. Over time, it gets to the point that firearms ownership practically becomes moot, that you'll be nervous about leaving home with one, that you won't be able to shoot your AR because it is a prohibited item, etc. The urban centers and their left-wing politics exert control over the entire state and the rural-dwellers become virtual prisoners of the urban centers.
    retired badge 1 likes this.
    The best citizenry is an informed citizenry

NRA Patron member

Quote Originally Posted by KILTED COWBOY View Post
    Seems like most guns in the big cities are in the possession of the street gangs.
    I would love to see them go in and try to take them away from them. I am sure they will be peaceful and comply
    No, they will ignore the gangs. They are just interested in law abiding gun owners. And in cities, they are stacked high, close together, and easier to find.
    KILTED COWBOY likes this.

Well, this is refreshing:

"All you need to know is one thing. No matter how many anti-gun orders you decide to makeÖ no matter how you use the media to get your message outÖ no matter how you try and politicize police departmentsÖ

I WILL NOT COMPLY.
    My oath isnít to politicians. Itís to serve and protect. Itís to defend the Constitution. Itís not to be a pawn. My oath is to the country and Her people."

https://www.lawenforcementtoday.com/...Ohy4-pUg93AJfE

I know there are plenty of officers who have already committed the unconstitutional acts of RFL's, but it seems not every LEO is on board with Francis.

Also, there are numerous County Sheriffs that have publicly stated they will not enforce red flag laws.
    danco and retired badge 1 like this.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Sponsored Links