Beto says police will enforce his gun confiscation plan

This is a discussion on Beto says police will enforce his gun confiscation plan within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Oh yes and he is counting on everyday Americans to comply with the law because gun owners are all law abiding. https://www.foxnews.com/media/beto-o...buyback-police...

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
Like Tree189Likes

Thread: Beto says police will enforce his gun confiscation plan

Senior Member Array KILTED COWBOY's Avatar

Oh yes and he is counting on everyday Americans to comply with the law
    because gun owners are all law abiding.
    https://www.foxnews.com/media/beto-o...buyback-police
    easy10, OldChap, airslot and 2 others like this.

Police went around and confiscated guns during Katrina, and they are enforcing red flag laws every day.
    OD*, OldVet, easy10 and 13 others like this.
    We get the government we deserve.

Quote Originally Posted by Havok View Post
    Police went around and confiscated guns during Katrina, and they are enforcing red flag laws every day.
    +1
    jmf552 and simple_man17 like this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    DefensiveCarry.com
    Advertisements

I believe Beto is right for once.
    Retired USAF E-8. Curmudgeon on the loose.
    Lighten up and enjoy life because:
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your life it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... Buffalo Springfield - For What It's Worth

Beto has about much chance being president as I becoming a brain surgeon......zero, nadda, not goin' to happen!

flh
    "My faith is in this country and in my fellow Americans following the law and listening to people who own AK-47s and AR-15s who acknowledge, who concede, they donít need it for self-protection," he said.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Beto says police will enforce his gun confiscation plan-img_1979.jpg  

Go Pack Go

Don't try to get into my head there's barely enough room for me in there .

Sonic .

When did the fed.gov start giving orders to local cops?

How many states now have or are considering laws prohibiting their state/local LEOs enforcing new federal gun laws?
    ~~~~~
    The only common sense gun legislation was written about 227 years ago.

I carry always not because I go places trouble is likely, but because trouble has a habit of not staying in its assigned zone.

Senior Member Array KILTED COWBOY's Avatar
    We have a few counties in Texas which have declared themselves sanctuary counties in regards to any new federal law which is not in line with the Constitution.
    What does Beto know anyway.
    He still does not know that he is not Hispanic
    Havok, OldChap, CWOUSCG and 5 others like this.

Quote Originally Posted by sdprof View Post
    When did the fed.gov start giving orders to local cops?

How many states now have or are considering laws prohibiting their state/local LEOs enforcing new federal gun laws?
    It is my understanding that local and state police would be under no obligation to enforce such a law. That leaves who would do it? Can't use the military. Forget the National Guard since sheriffs have greater authority than does the Guard. And in many places, the local population knows where a lot of Guard members live. So who does that leave that will be going door to door to confiscate?

And then there are the unintended consequences that are certain to arise when some faux authority attempts to disarm private citizens. I would expect a lot of people are going to be injured and killed if they try something like this.
    In the final seconds of your life, just before your killer is about to dispatch you to that great eternal darkness, what would you rather have in your hand? A cell phone or a gun?

America First!

VIP Member
    Bob O'rourke and his cohorts on the loony left haven't a clue about guns or gun owners.
    "Stop being dangerous, and you become edible." William Aprill

"Slaves, enjoy your freedom." Chuck Klosterman

Quote Originally Posted by Havok View Post
    And some of them paid a high price in court for doing that afterward. It also should never be forgotten that nobody was shooting back!

The mood of the country is vastly different now than it was then.
    "The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has limits."

Quote Originally Posted by OldVet View Post
    I believe Beto is right for once.
    Your avatar...your av....ava....ava...ava..tar! Take me to your leader!

OldVet, sdprof and CWOUSCG like this.
    "The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has limits."

Quote Originally Posted by OldChap View Post
    And some of them paid a high price in court for doing that afterward. It also should never be forgotten that nobody was shooting back!

The mood of the country is vastly different now than it was then.
    Using Katrina as an example, I am of the opinion that a bunch of good 'ole boys should have armed up and taken a stance at the entrances to their neighborhoods and when the faux authorities showed up to confiscate firearms, the good 'ole boys should have said in no uncertain terms, not today, not tomorrow, and not ever. Remember what happened to the British when they tried this in 1775.

After the debacle of Katrina, a law was passed in my state that banned the confiscation of private arms during times of catastrophic disasters. So anyone who tries something like this here, would be biting off more than they could chew.
    OldChap, sdprof, airslot and 1 others like this.
    In the final seconds of your life, just before your killer is about to dispatch you to that great eternal darkness, what would you rather have in your hand? A cell phone or a gun?

America First!

Quote Originally Posted by buckwheatpaul View Post
    Beto has about much chance being president as I becoming a brain surgeon......zero, nadda, not goin' to happen!
    I agree but he's spot on about cops following confiscation orders
    Rooster and CWOUSCG like this.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by SouthernBoyVA View Post
    Using Katrina as an example, I am of the opinion that a bunch of good 'ole boys should have armed up and taken a stance at the entrances to their neighborhoods and when the faux authorities showed up to confiscate firearms, the good 'ole boys should have said in no uncertain terms, not today, not tomorrow, and not ever. Remember what happened to the British when they tried this in 1775.

After the debacle of Katrina, a law was passed in my state that banned the confiscation of private arms during times of catastrophic disasters. So anyone who tries something like this here, would be biting off more than they could chew.
    During Katrina, the confiscations were happening pretty much door to door in conjunction with a regional, societal breakdown. No communication, no transportation and no way of knowing that the door-kickers had been unleashed until they arrived. When they did arrive, it was to citizens clueless of what was happening. Such a stunner would be tough on a widespread national scale. It is hard to surprise folks when they have been alerted to what's happening.
    "Stop being dangerous, and you become edible." William Aprill

"Slaves, enjoy your freedom." Chuck Klosterman

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links