AG William P Barr: Speech Transcript October 11, 2019

This is a discussion on AG William P Barr: Speech Transcript October 11, 2019 within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; This link is posted as a PSA to illustrate the depth of the intellect of our Nation's Top Attorney, and his admiration for our founders, ...

Like Tree18Likes
  • 6 Post By Rock and Glock
  • 3 Post By 1942bull
  • 3 Post By Havok
  • 1 Post By MJK
  • 1 Post By 1942bull
  • 4 Post By Rock and Glock

Thread: AG William P Barr: Speech Transcript October 11, 2019

Senior Moderator

This link is posted as a PSA to illustrate the depth of the intellect of our Nation's Top Attorney, and his admiration for our founders, the rule of law, and the Bill of Rights and Constitution.

While he touches on many topics forbidden here at DC, I wanted to post this because we should hope this man will support the Second Amendment as fervently as he supports the First Amendment!

Please feel free to discuss the article with a mind to ignore our forbidden topics.

AG William P Barr Speech at Notre Dame September 11, 2019
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ: Buy These Stickers Here

"If we suppose them sincere, we must pity their ignorance; if insincere, we must abhor the spirit of deception which it betrays." Alexander Hamilton

Quote Originally Posted by Rock and Glock View Post

While he touches on many topics forbidden here at DC, I wanted to post this because we should hope this man will support the Second Amendment as fervently as he supports the First Amendment!
    Who among us can hold his breath that long? My opinion is his 2A support is not likely.
    Retired USAF E-8. Curmudgeon on the loose.
    Lighten up and enjoy life because:
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your life it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... Buffalo Springfield - For What It's Worth

Distinguished Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Rock and Glock View Post
    ................. While he touches on many topics forbidden here at DC, I wanted to post this because we should hope this man will support the Second Amendment as fervently as he supports the First Amendment!

Please feel free to discuss the article with a mind to ignore our forbidden topics.
    Two points to be made.

First, when Barr was nominated several Gun Owners Organizations came out against him because of his dominant role in crafting e Assault Rifle Ban in 1990. While at his hearing he espoused belief in 2A he left wiggle room for more regulations. He is promoting Red Flag Laws across the country, and he was instrumental is getting bump stocks banned.

Second, the permission given by stating "Please feel free to discuss the article with a mind to ignore our forbidden topics" amounts to a disregard for the Rules, which are normally well enforced at DC. So it amounts to setting aside the Rules because it fits the OP's intentions. A moderator is governor of content but, as I see it, that does not mean he is free to exempt anyone. included self from the binding rules especially related to. thread he starts.

Pesronally, I do not care is Barr is discussed. but I do think Rules should apply to all and all the time.
    "You don't hurt them if you don't hit them." Lt. Gen. Lewis "Chesty" Puller, USMC Retired

USMC 9/59 through 9/69
    Vietnam June ‘66 to February ‘68
    MOS: 4641, Combat Photographer

Memberships:
    Gun Owners of America
    Second Amendment Foundation
    Pennsylvania Firearms Owners Against Crime

4. Remove Advertisements
    DefensiveCarry.com
    Advertisements

I think that AG Barr is a pretty solid guy, and can be trusted to protect guns and their owners.
    Crabby Old Goat, that's me!

Quote Originally Posted by 1942bull View Post
    Two points to be made.

First, when Barr was nominated several Gun Owners Organizations came out against him because of his dominant role in crafting e Assault Rifle Ban in 1990. While at his hearing he espoused belief in 2A he left wiggle room for more regulations. He is promoting Red Flag Laws across the country, and he was instrumental is getting bump stocks banned.

Second, the permission given by stating "Please feel free to discuss the article with a mind to ignore our forbidden topics" amounts to a disregard for the Rules, which are normally well enforced at DC. So it amounts to setting aside the Rules because it fits the OP's intentions. A moderator is governor of content but, as I see it, that does not mean he is free to exempt anyone. included self from the binding rules especially related to. thread he starts.

Pesronally, I do not care is Barr is discussed. but I do think Rules should apply to all and all the time.
    I think he was saying to ignore the parts that violate the rules, not to ignore the rules.

I haven’t had a chance to read the information in the link yet, but what you say about Barr is pretty
    Much my feelings regardless of what he says.
    We get the government we deserve.

MJK
    I read this right after it was posted on “The Federalist.” It is remarkable and well worth the time to digest. IMO this speech should be ranked with Lincoln’s second inaugural and Kennedy’s “Ask not what your country can do for you” speeches.
    Rock and Glock likes this.
    “I come in peace. I didn’t bring artillery. But I’m pleading with you, with tears in my eyes: If you [mess] with me, I’ll kill you all."
    — James “Mad Dog” Mattis

Distinguished Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Havok View Post
    I think he was saying to ignore the parts that violate the rules, not to ignore the rules.

I haven’t had a chance to read the information in the link yet, but what you say about Barr is pretty
    Much my feelings regardless of what he says.
    Hmm. Sounds like a good interpretation. Thanks.
    Havok likes this.
    "You don't hurt them if you don't hit them." Lt. Gen. Lewis "Chesty" Puller, USMC Retired

USMC 9/59 through 9/69
    Vietnam June ‘66 to February ‘68
    MOS: 4641, Combat Photographer

Memberships:
    Gun Owners of America
    Second Amendment Foundation
    Pennsylvania Firearms Owners Against Crime

Senior Moderator
    Well, to those that expressed an opinion without reading the speech, when I wrote the caveat in the OP I was referring to Religion, Abortion, and maybe another prohibited topic or two. Nothing more.

Regardless, I’ll close my own thread due to the failure to fully communicate the essence of the post which was clear had one actually read the speech.

In my defense, I did say “ignore the topics” rather than “ignore the rules” and there is a slight difference to those of you that understood my intent.

Peace. Out.
    SAXDM9, airslot, OD* and 1 others like this.
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ: Buy These Stickers Here

"If we suppose them sincere, we must pity their ignorance; if insincere, we must abhor the spirit of deception which it betrays." Alexander Hamilton

Sponsored Links