Guess Robert Francis O'Rourke (Beto) didn't consider this....

This is a discussion on Guess Robert Francis O'Rourke (Beto) didn't consider this.... within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; By now, I'm sure Robert Francis O'Rourke's gun confiscation proposal is not news to anyone who pays any attention to what's going on. Guess the ...

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree138Likes

Thread: Guess Robert Francis O'Rourke (Beto) didn't consider this....

By now, I'm sure Robert Francis O'Rourke's gun confiscation proposal is not news to anyone who pays any attention to what's going on. Guess the Fraternal Order of Police has been paying attention, too, and they're not too happy.

National police unions refuse to enforce Beto’s gun confiscation plan if elected

While Robert “Beto” O’Rourke’s plan for a mandatory buyback of “assault weapons” remains conceptual, many law enforcement officials have already assailed the proposed measure as “unconstitutional” and one they would not enforce.

Last week O’Rourke proposed a “visit by law enforcement” to collect banned firearms from holdouts of his proposed mandatory buyback of “assault weapons,'” such as AR-15s. O’Rourke appeared to reach that law enforcement conclusion after being pressed for details on how his plan would counter mass noncompliance by gun owners; however members of the National Fraternal Order of Police (FOP) and other law enforcement officials are already undermining that proposal, according to the Washington Free Beacon.

https://americanmilitarynews.com/201...7mJag7_xEgGV_0
    "Don't drive your truck when you're all jacked up..." Gretchen Wilson
    2% of the U.S. population thinks the Cold War was caused by climate change

I'm glad to hear that.
    MACV Advisory Team 75, HQ'd in My Tho at the "Seminary", 1967-1969

Distinguished Member
    I'm happy to hear it but.....sadly, I don't believe it. We've got way too many Barney Fife LEOs salivating at the Red Flag authority they were given for me to believe that Robert Francis' plan would find no enforcers with badges.
    NRA Life Member - Member GA Carry Organization

4. Remove Advertisements
    DefensiveCarry.com
    Advertisements

Distinguished Member Array kukla's Avatar
    beedo makes stuff up as he goes along.
    "I plan ahead. That way, I don't have to do anything right now!"

One of the many reasons I moved to TEXAS 6 months ago. Bravo.
    "You talk a lot, but you're not saying anything" - Psycho Killer, The Talking Heads

"The winds are crying, 'Remember me;' Through the Holy silence of the desert and the sea; The next armada, waiting for the tide; Wind and rain are nothing to the storm inside" - Running on the Rocks, Shriekback

Quote Originally Posted by PPS1980 View Post
    I'm happy to hear it but.....sadly, I don't believe it. We've got way too many Barney Fife LEOs salivating at the Red Flag authority they were given for me to believe that Robert Francis' plan would find no enforcers with badges.
    I'll beg to disagree. There have been enough surveys of peace officers and enough sheriff's who have been outspoken on this topic that the prevailing attitude is clear to me. I never said there were no officers who would follow Federal injunctions. Yes, there are some, but I don't believe they are in the majority.
    "Don't drive your truck when you're all jacked up..." Gretchen Wilson
    2% of the U.S. population thinks the Cold War was caused by climate change

Distinguished Member Array Shootnlead's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by G26Raven View Post
    By now, I'm sure Robert Francis O'Rourke's gun confiscation proposal is not news to anyone who pays any attention to what's going on. Guess the Fraternal Order of Police has been paying attention, too, and they're not too happy.

National police unions refuse to enforce Beto’s gun confiscation plan if elected

While Robert “Beto” O’Rourke’s plan for a mandatory buyback of “assault weapons” remains conceptual, many law enforcement officials have already assailed the proposed measure as “unconstitutional” and one they would not enforce.

Last week O’Rourke proposed a “visit by law enforcement” to collect banned firearms from holdouts of his proposed mandatory buyback of “assault weapons,'” such as AR-15s. O’Rourke appeared to reach that law enforcement conclusion after being pressed for details on how his plan would counter mass noncompliance by gun owners; however members of the National Fraternal Order of Police (FOP) and other law enforcement officials are already undermining that proposal, according to the Washington Free Beacon.

https://americanmilitarynews.com/201...7mJag7_xEgGV_0
    Don't be mislead...they will still confiscate or attempt to.
    Rockymonster likes this.
    “The everyday man who holsters a handgun for come-what-may eventualities cannot improve on a .44 Special revolver.” Skeeter Skelton

Quote Originally Posted by PPS1980 View Post
    One thing is certain. However many there are, after a month there would probably be significantly less.

And on somewhat the same topic...what we REALLY need to be concerned about is that many officers are openly talking about the Supreme Court decision that stated police have no duty to protect citizens, only people in their custody. What that means is that they are getting really tired of the "war on police" and are just going to collect a paycheck, not do any kind of proactive policing. Picture a large number of officers doing what the lazy bum deputy did in Florida.

https://www.lawenforcementtoday.com/...staying-quiet/
    airslot, flh, msgt/ret and 4 others like this.
    "The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has limits."

Even if they are the minority, I believe there would be attempts made by some officers and that would be enough to ruin a lot of lives. JMO
    danco likes this.
    "...as politics in Washington and elsewhere grows increasingly un-moored from reality, humanist wisdom provides us with one final consolation: There is no greater lesson from the past than the intractability of human folly." Heather Mac Donald

flh
    For those who think there will be a bunch of officers will be running to do O'Rourke's bidding , consider what happened in N.Y. with the safe act ... https://safeact.ny.gov/

All the areas in green are county's that opposed the safe act ,
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Guess Robert Francis O'Rourke (Beto) didn't consider this....-img_2053.jpg  

Go Pack Go

Don't try to get into my head there's barely enough room for me in there .

Sonic .

Where it gets bad is; you still have your AR, and have to use it to protect yourself/ family etc. You survived a criminal attempt to end your life. Now your the criminal for using an AR instead of a single shot shotgun or revolver.
    jmf552 likes this.

Senior Moderator
    @OldChap called it.

LEO are demonized. Vilified, assaulted physically and mentally, thrown to the wolves by the politicians and their minions, all for inadequate pay and horrid working conditions given the environment.

Sure, some will suck up to the politicians and have stars in their eyes. How many, and for how long? Will it last as the ranks deplete, the unrest spreads and strengthens, and the prosecutors and courts release more into society?

I think not.

They don’t have the stomach for it.
    msgt/ret, OD*, G26Raven and 5 others like this.
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ: Buy These Stickers Here

"If we suppose them sincere, we must pity their ignorance; if insincere, we must abhor the spirit of deception which it betrays." Alexander Hamilton

Quote Originally Posted by flh View Post
    For those who think there will be a bunch of officers will be running to do O'Rourke's bidding , consider what happened in N.Y. with the safe act ... https://safeact.ny.gov/

All the areas in green are county's that opposed the safe act ,
    And you got it anyhow.
    G26Raven likes this.
    Retired USAF E-8. Curmudgeon on the loose.
    Lighten up and enjoy life because:
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your life it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... Buffalo Springfield - For What It's Worth

Senior Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by OldVet View Post
    And you got it anyhow.
    I think the point is there is not a surfeit of compliance. Either turning them in, or seizing them. The owners tell them to go to hell under their breath, and the LEO say “to hell with it”.
    flh, G26Raven and Sister like this.
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ: Buy These Stickers Here

"If we suppose them sincere, we must pity their ignorance; if insincere, we must abhor the spirit of deception which it betrays." Alexander Hamilton

Quote Originally Posted by Rock and Glock View Post
    I think the point is there is not a surfeit of compliance. Either turning them in, or seizing them. The owners tell them to go to hell under their breath, and the LEO say “to hell with it”.
    That's fine until it comes to surface when you have to use an "illegal" firearm and the case is out of the local LEOs' hands.
    OldChap and graydude like this.
    Retired USAF E-8. Curmudgeon on the loose.
    Lighten up and enjoy life because:
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your life it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... Buffalo Springfield - For What It's Worth

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Sponsored Links