VA loses big time - Page 2

VA loses big time

This is a discussion on VA loses big time within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Again, do not give up the fight! It needs to be fought back right away. It is like a cancer, the longer it is allowed ...

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
Like Tree197Likes

Thread: VA loses big time

Senior Member Array KILTED COWBOY's Avatar
    Again, do not give up the fight!
    It needs to be fought back right away.
    It is like a cancer, the longer it is allowed to metastasize, the harder it is to get rid of.
    Do not do what Cali did and let it go on for generations, then you lose

Quote Originally Posted by jmf552 View Post
    I'm with you. I'd like to move back to MO, where I have spent most of my life and I consider my home state. I think they are emerging as one of the bastions of the RTKABA.
    I live 5 miles for Missouri. My wife just won't move. It might be handy to get some kind of little vacation place over there.
    Peace

Sorry to hear. Hopefully you guys will recover next time around.
    gatorbait51 likes this.
    We get the government we deserve.

4. Remove Advertisements
    DefensiveCarry.com
    Advertisements

One of the issues that has contributed to the problem is that the state Republicans pick candidates in a caucus rather than a primary. This result in less voter interest and some candidate choices that were certain to not carry the state
    gatorbait51, M1911A1 and Merovius like this.

The worst has happened here in VA. With Bloomberg's help, the Dems will take control of both the state House and Senate in January. The state whose Second Amendment was the model for the US Second Amendment is probably going to take some serious hits on gun rights the first of the year. We know this will be the starter set and I imagine most of them will get passed and signed.
    • UBCs
    • AWB
    • 10 round mag limit
    • Ban on suppressors
    • One firearm purchase a month limit
    • Mandatory reporting of lost or stolen firearms
    • Standards for safe storage of firearms
    • Local preemption of firearms laws

I imagine they will eventually mess with reciprocity and ban guns in churches and on school property, even with a permit.
    You forgot "Red Flag law" on your list...
    NECCdude and gatorbait51 like this.

VIP Member
    I would think calling VA "purple" at this point is burying the head in the sand. VA has been trending blue for a while now, and this appears to seal the fate. My condolences to the remaining red patriots.

My hope on a national scale is we can get another favorable SCOTUS ruling to reemphasize the meaning of "shall not be infringed". I count my lucky stars I was able to escape from MD and return to a solidly pro-gun state.
    Sister, gatorbait51 and Merovius like this.
    "The best we can hope for concerning the people at large is that they be properly armed." Alexander Hamilton

Patron Life Member NRA
    SAF - CCRKBA
    NAGR / GOA
    TFA-LAC / Save the 2A
    Handgunlaw.us Donor

Quote Originally Posted by danco View Post
    You forgot "Red Flag law" on your list...
    Thanks. After I posted that, I was in bed last night and realized I forgot that one. You fixed it for me. That is definitely on the list.
    danco, Sister and gatorbait51 like this.
    Attack Squadron 65 "Tigers", USS Eisenhower '80 - '83, peackeeping w/Iran, Libya, Lebanon and E. Europe

Quote Originally Posted by bklynboy View Post
    One of the issues that has contributed to the problem is that the state Republicans pick candidates in a caucus rather than a primary. This result in less voter interest and some candidate choices that were certain to not carry the state
    You are so right about that. The VA Republican Party is a huge part of the problem here. There seems to be a lot of cronyism in the caucus. I was at a dinner event for the VCDL and sat across from a lady who has been a conservative activist and organizer in VA for years. She said there was a time when the Tea Party had the VA GOP almost whipped into shape. But the RINOs smelled blood in the water and swooped in with some money and basically co-opted that effort and got it back to cronyism. If we have any chance of turning this around, and I am not sure that is even possible, we need to bring back that kind of effort.

There are some really great conservative, pro 2A populist candidates in VA that would have broad appeal, but they never see the light of day under current system.
    Attack Squadron 65 "Tigers", USS Eisenhower '80 - '83, peackeeping w/Iran, Libya, Lebanon and E. Europe

The "Things like that never happen here" syndrome spreads far and wide.
    Retired USAF E-8. Curmudgeon on the loose.
    Lighten up and enjoy life because:
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your life it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... Buffalo Springfield - For What It's Worth

Senior Moderator
    The worst has happened here in VA. With Bloomberg's help, the Dems will take control of both the state House and Senate in January. The state whose Second Amendment was the model for the US Second Amendment is probably going to take some serious hits on gun rights the first of the year. We know this will be the starter set and I imagine most of them will get passed and signed.
    • UBCs
    • AWB
    • 10 round mag limit
    • Ban on suppressors

I imagine they will eventually mess with reciprocity and ban guns in churches and on school property, even with a permit.

The only minor bright spot was the state senator I helped campaign for, one of our most pro gun senators, won by a handy 56%. But we are in for some rough going. I don't think we will get as bad as NY, NJ, CA or HI, but it will still be bad.
    Fight like the third monkey getting on the Ark.

We had the same exact situation in Maine last year, and beat them all.

Other than taking thousands of volunteer hours and keeping Committees in session until the wee hours, it was easy. We beat them at the Committee level. It just took numbers. Every committee, every hearing.

I know that you know that (^^^^^) but want to give you some cheering up. Hard, yes. Impossible, no.

Fight like the third monkey.
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ: Buy These Stickers Here

"If we suppose them sincere, we must pity their ignorance; if insincere, we must abhor the spirit of deception which it betrays." Alexander Hamilton

Quote Originally Posted by flh View Post
    Fight Fight Fight .......

Bloomberg's playbook ....... https://safeact.ny.gov/

Best States for Gun Owners

https://www.gunsandammo.com/editoria...369075#NewYork
    The “Best States” list, why isn’t Missouri, Tennessee and Kentucky on that list? I thought they were all gun friendly? Actually, SC too?
    gatorbait51 likes this.
    Trust God always in every thing you do 🙏

UDC member, Rebels with a cause.

EPSTEIN DIDN’T KILL HIMSELF

Distinguished Member Array NECCdude's Avatar
    My understanding is that the Bloomberg people were pushing safety over RTKBA. I guess the majority of VA voters (that showed up to vote) are willing to trade freedom for "safety".
    danco, gatorbait51 and M1911A1 like this.
    Member NRA, SAF, GOA, NFOA, USCCA

Microwave radio technicians are fully deviated.

Quote Originally Posted by Rock and Glock View Post
    Fight like the third monkey getting on the Ark.

We had the same exact situation in Maine last year, and beat them all.

Other than taking thousands of volunteer hours and keeping Committees in session until the wee hours, it was easy. We beat them at the Committee level. It just took numbers. Every committee, every hearing.

I know that you know that (^^^^^) but want to give you some cheering up. Hard, yes. Impossible, no.

Fight like the third monkey.
    Thank you. The VCDL uses that same methodology of targeting committee meetings and has been almost 100% successful at it, but that was with every committee being chaired by a conservative. Now it will be a different story. I would really like more details on what happened in Maine, whether from your description or a link or both. Like:
    • What specifically happened politically that created the threat?
    • How did you organize to combat it?
    • What was your strategy for the committee meetings themselves?
    • How long and how often did it take?
    • What were the results, exactly?
    • Etc.

I will share it with the VCDL membership, who I think could use a boost right now.

There were like 35 seats open with ZERO Republican challengers.
    gatorbait51 and CWOUSCG like this.

• UBCs
    • AWB
    • 10 round mag limit
    • Ban on suppressors

The only minor bright spot was the state senator I helped campaign for, one of our most pro gun senators, won by a handy 56%. But we are in for some rough going. I don't think we will get as bad as NY, NJ, CA or HI, but it will still be bad.
    I would think most would wind up going to court.
    gatorbait51 likes this.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Sponsored Links