VA loses big time - Page 3

VA loses big time

This is a discussion on VA loses big time within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Originally Posted by Nifty I would think most would wind up going to court. No doubt, but each restriction will be in place while it ...

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
Like Tree197Likes

Thread: VA loses big time

Quote Originally Posted by Nifty View Post
    I would think most would wind up going to court.
    No doubt, but each restriction will be in place while it winds its way through the courts, it will cost a lot of money and those are all restrictions that have stood up in other states, so the chance of success is questionable. Better to not have the laws passed at all.
    Attack Squadron 65 "Tigers", USS Eisenhower '80 - '83, peackeeping w/Iran, Libya, Lebanon and E. Europe

Quote Originally Posted by bustoff View Post
    I live 5 miles for Missouri. My wife just won't move. It might be handy to get some kind of little vacation place over there.
    I feel your pain. We have grandkids here, so my wife won't budge either. I do have to opine, though, five miles? That's nothing.

It sounds like you're in my old stomping ground. I have relatives in Jacksonville, Jerseyville and Granite City. Spent a lot of time around there.
    gatorbait51 and craze like this.
    Attack Squadron 65 "Tigers", USS Eisenhower '80 - '83, peackeeping w/Iran, Libya, Lebanon and E. Europe

Distinguished Member Array flphotog's Avatar
    This is very sad to hear, it's looking like VA could wind up being the next NJ, I'm just glad that I no longer have any reason to go up there.
    gatorbait51 and Sister like this.
    Member COTEP 772, NRA, GOA, Florida Carry

4. Remove Advertisements
    DefensiveCarry.com
    Advertisements

As a citizen from Colorado, all I can say is welcome to the club.
    Arkancide- Three self-inflicted gunshots to the head with hands tied behind the back.

Active Shooter Response- Assess the situation, Position yourself to gain tactical advantage, Engage perpetrator violently (APE).

Ex Member
    We've lost elections and majorities before. I'm reluctant to put Virginia in the same gun-rights catagory as California and New Jersey just yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Sister View Post
    The “Best States” list, why isn’t Missouri, Tennessee and Kentucky on that list? I thought they were all gun friendly? Actually, SC too?
    Kentucky is #6 or 8 on that list I think. Though we lost our governor last night so idk how that’ll change now.
    Sister likes this.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Sister View Post
    The “Best States” list, why isn’t Missouri, Tennessee and Kentucky on that list? I thought they were all gun friendly? Actually, SC too?
    Missouri is 12, Tennessee is 13 on the list. If you open the link and scroll down, it gives the logic for why each state is where it is on the list.
    Sister likes this.
    "The best we can hope for concerning the people at large is that they be properly armed." Alexander Hamilton

Patron Life Member NRA
    SAF - CCRKBA
    NAGR / GOA
    TFA-LAC / Save the 2A
    Handgunlaw.us Donor

Quote Originally Posted by spclopr8tr View Post
    Missouri is 12, Tennessee is 13 on the list. If you open the link and scroll down, it gives the logic for why each state is where it is on the list.
    My theory is based on recent politics in MO, it may be set to move up to the top ten next year. Whereas I think a couple on the top ten are set to move down. Just MHO. I think those lists are a good starting point, but they look back a year. I think it takes some more interpretation to look forward a few years. For instance, I worry about states that are getting a lot influx of Kalifornians.

Bloomberg and his Moms spent $2M on the elections. The NRA? $300,000. Draw your own conclusions.

I had a feeling this was going to happen but held out hope. I have 2-3 years until retirement so a move will probably be in our future. I live less than 5 minutes from NC but I'm worried that Charlotte, Asheville, Chapel Hill and Durham will eventually turn NC too. Might look at going back to my home state of TN.
    Sister likes this.

I'm not big on cutting and running just because I lost the first battle. Eventually there will be nowhere left to go. I have a lot to think about, as I've never been faced with the prospect of becoming a felon by judicial fiat before. All I know is I'm too damned old to be kowtowing to fools and dictators (It's hard on the knees and the back).

Eventually, it boils down to this: "Is life so dear, or peace so sweet, as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it, Almighty God! I know not what course others may take; but as for me, give me liberty or give me death!"
    - Patrick Henry, March 23, 1775, St. John's Church, Richmond, Virginia.
    M1911A1 likes this.
    In light and darkness alike,
    I am fearfully and wonderfully made.

Quote Originally Posted by scottync View Post
    Bloomberg and his Moms spent $2M on the elections. The NRA? $300,000. Draw your own conclusions.
    I cant think of the last time I have voted based on the amount of money a PAC spent on an election.
    Mike1956 likes this.
    We get the government we deserve.

Quote Originally Posted by Havok View Post
    I cant think of the last time I have voted based on the amount of money a PAC spent on an election.
    Maybe not, but you might be surprised how many voters decide who to vote for while filling out the ballot, and the name they check is the one that has the most familiarity of mind. And what creates that familiarity of mind? The billboards and TV ads they most recently and frequently saw. That is where the money factor comes in.
    Merovius, Havok, M1911A1 and 3 others like this.
    Retired USAF E-8. Curmudgeon on the loose.
    Lighten up and enjoy life because:
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your life it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... Buffalo Springfield - For What It's Worth

That doesn't sound like fighting for gun rights to me. It sounds like an excuse for losing Virginia.

I am sure that holds true for better informed voters like yourself, but Bloomberg's money bought a slew of negative campaign ads that ran on TV starting about two weeks before the election and ramped up to the day of. It's interesting, they were not mainly about guns. They were character assassinations, based on incidents that may or may not have happened in a candidate's past. It was Kavanaugh hearing-type stuff. Some were just BS, like, "John Doe...he's not one of us" whatever the hell that means. The senator I campaigned for faced an ad about an argument she got into with a Capital police officer over a parking spot. They made it seem really ominous. She won by a small margin, but others were not so lucky.

The feeling is the ads were effective.
    Havok and CWOUSCG like this.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Sponsored Links