VA loses big time

VA loses big time

This is a discussion on VA loses big time within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; The worst has happened here in VA. With Bloomberg's help, the Dems will take control of both the state House and Senate in January. The ...

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
Like Tree195Likes

Thread: VA loses big time

VA loses big time

The worst has happened here in VA. With Bloomberg's help, the Dems will take control of both the state House and Senate in January. The state whose Second Amendment was the model for the US Second Amendment is probably going to take some serious hits on gun rights the first of the year. We know this will be the starter set and I imagine most of them will get passed and signed.
    • UBCs
    • AWB
    • 10 round mag limit
    • Ban on suppressors
    • One firearm purchase a month limit
    • Mandatory reporting of lost or stolen firearms
    • Standards for safe storage of firearms
    • Local preemption of firearms laws

I imagine they will eventually mess with reciprocity and ban guns in churches and on school property, even with a permit.

The only minor bright spot was the state senator I helped campaign for, one of our most pro gun senators, won by a handy 56%. But we are in for some rough going. I don't think we will get as bad as NY, NJ, CA or HI, but it will still be bad.
    Attack Squadron 65 "Tigers", USS Eisenhower '80 - '83, peackeeping w/Iran, Libya, Lebanon and E. Europe

Too close to the swamp?
    MY RIGHTS DON'T END WHERE YOUR FEELINGS BEGIN

The situation will NEVER BE THE WAY YOU WANT, it WILL BE THE WAY IT IS. You must be FLEXIBLE ENOUGH TO ADAPT and just "DEAL WITH IT".

Quote Originally Posted by jmf552 View Post
    The worst has happened here in VA. With Bloomberg's help, the Dems will take control of both the state House and Senate in January. The state whose Second Amendment was the model for the US Second Amendment is probably going to take some serious hits on gun rights the first of the year. We know this will be the starter set and I imagine most of them will get passed and signed.
    • UBCs
    • AWB
    • 10 round mag limit
    • Ban on suppressors

I imagine they will eventually mess with reciprocity and ban guns in churches and on school property, even with a permit.

The only minor bright spot was the state senator I helped campaign for, one of our most pro gun senators, won by a handy 56%. But we are in for some rough going. I don't think we will get as bad as NY, NJ, CA or HI, but it will still be bad.
    I am ready to leave the state. My lineage runs deep here, as does my wife's, both go back to the 1600's. But the state has been lost to the other side and I fear for good.
    In the final seconds of your life, just before your killer is about to dispatch you to that great eternal darkness, what would you rather have in your hand? A cell phone or a gun?

America First!

4. Remove Advertisements
    DefensiveCarry.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by airslot View Post
    Too close to the swamp?
    That's only part of it. It was mostly a media blitz financed by Bloomberg who has long had his sights on VA. There was a lot of last minute, negative campaign ads on TV that seemed to have worked.

We had a great start several years ago as a strong Tea Party state, but the RINOs saw opportunities there and basically co-opted and diluted it until it has pretty much disappeared. We had our chance. We blew it.
    Attack Squadron 65 "Tigers", USS Eisenhower '80 - '83, peackeeping w/Iran, Libya, Lebanon and E. Europe

Too close to the swamp?
    That's one reason and a big one, but the more sinister side of he equation is the pollution of our traditional ways by people who have come here from other parts of the county, and the world, and have brought their socio-political ideas with them. They have not adopted that which was Virginia and as such, have destroyed the fabric of the state. This is happening all over the country and it is troublesome to me.
    In the final seconds of your life, just before your killer is about to dispatch you to that great eternal darkness, what would you rather have in your hand? A cell phone or a gun?

America First!

Quote Originally Posted by SouthernBoyVA View Post
    I am ready to leave the state. My lineage runs deep here, as does my wife's, both go back to the 1600's. But the state has been lost to the other side and I fear for good.
    I'm with you. I'd like to move back to MO, where I have spent most of my life and I consider my home state. I think they are emerging as one of the bastions of the RTKABA.

• UBCs
    • AWB
    • 10 round mag limit
    • Ban on suppressors

- ahh!
    - NOW i see why you are so mad...lolz
    - it all makes sense now...
    - CA welcomes you
    - I mean that with sincerity
    - we need more passionate 2a people here
    gatorbait51 and BigJon10125 like this.

Distinguished Member Array SOS24's Avatar

VA loses big time

Too close to the swamp?
    Actually several of the districts that were flipped are in the Hampton Roads (Virginia Beach, Norfolk,Chesapeake, Suffolk, etc) area. I think the reasons for the areas being flipped was three part:
    - the mass shooting that occurred in Virginia Beach back in May caused a lot of support for “gun control” measures. Add to it that no new laws came out off the special legislative session because all were referred to committee which is normal procedure, but Democrats claim the Republicans shot them down and blocked action
    - out of state interference. This was not just in the form of millions of dollars of money, but also celebrities who were originally from the area advocating for Democrats on social media and out of state “interns” who went door-to-door campaigning in support of Democratic candidates.
    - a large immigrant and transplant population. There are many people who come here due to the military from more liberal states/territories whose families vote here or who settle here then vote.

Distinguished Member Array SOS24's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by SouthernBoyVA View Post
    I can understand that. Unfortunately for me, my wife’s only family is in Virginia and she will not abandon her mother. My family is in NY which is even worse, so it is not like that option is any better.

Jmf552, so sorry to hear that. I know you have worked very hard to secure gun rights for the state and its residents, which would ultimately benefit all Americans.
    "Don't drive your truck when you're all jacked up..." Gretchen Wilson
    2% of the U.S. population thinks the Cold War was caused by climate change

Senior Member Array KILTED COWBOY's Avatar
    Do not give up the fight in VA.
    It is a setback, but there is always another election down the road.
    The liberals are bound to screw the pooch and hopefully the citizens will revolt and take back VA.
    It still amazes me how these states who where the "birthplace" of freedom choose servitude.

Distinguished Member Array xXxHeavy's Avatar
    • UBCs
    • AWB
    • 10 round mag limit
    • Ban on suppressors

Welcome to New Jersey.............
    Why did the Moron buy a ladder...... he's takin' his case to a higher court.

As an outsider who is settling into VA due to family reasons, this is troubling.

Guess it's time to stock up on extra mags and ARs, local prices are about to jump.

See y'all at Lobby Day again.
    Ride hard, shoot straight, always speak the truth

Distinguished Member
    I saw the voting outcome last night. I had the same thoughts about consequences as the OP. Then I notice that the Dems had small majorities in the 2 legislative houses. It occurred to me that if there are some Dems who are not keen on some of those legislative possibilities they might Neo get the votes to pass. I do not know much about VA demographics, but I do understand that the farther from DC it gets the more conservative it gets. Dems in those regions are possibly not going to support some of the legislative proposals. I think gun owners have to sit tight and see what develops. The VCDL has done good things for gun owners in there. My guess is that they will be looking to ID any democrat who might be prepared to resist the anti gun owner initiatives.

Keep in mind that there are liberal who have guns. There is even a Liberal Gun Club of America. The best way to fight in VA is to harness democrats with guns and put pressure on Democrat's legislators. One thing is certain. This I is no time to give up in VA.
    M1911A1, Merovius and baren like this.
    "You don't hurt them if you don't hit them." Lt. Gen. Lewis "Chesty" Puller, USMC Retired

USMC 9/59 through 9/69
    Vietnam June ‘66 to February ‘68
    MOS: 4641, Combat Photographer

Memberships:
    Gun Owners of America
    Second Amendment Foundation
    Pennsylvania Firearms Owners Against Crime

flh
    Fight Fight Fight .......

Bloomberg's playbook ....... https://safeact.ny.gov/

Best States for Gun Owners

https://www.gunsandammo.com/editoria...369075#NewYork
    gatorbait51 likes this.

Go Pack Go

Don't try to get into my head there's barely enough room for me in there .

Sonic .

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Sponsored Links