The Black Gun of the Future

This is a discussion on The Black Gun of the Future within the The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; If worse comes to worse, post confiscation, there is always the Sten. In an article I found online, it can print 1.1" groups of three ...

Like Tree36Likes
  • 10 Post By jmf552
  • 7 Post By KevinRohrer
  • 4 Post By HotBrass45
  • 4 Post By KILTED COWBOY
  • 4 Post By jmf552
  • 3 Post By HotBrass45
  • 1 Post By OldChap
  • 1 Post By CLASS3NH
  • 2 Post By WrongRecroom

Thread: The Black Gun of the Future

If worse comes to worse, post confiscation, there is always the Sten. In an article I found online, it can print 1.1" groups of three at 20 yards, firing 115 gr. FMJ 9mm, leaving the barrel at 1136 fps, rate of fire 550 rpm. With the right tools a little skill, one can be made in about 5 hours with about $130 worth of parts. If you ever needed to use it, you could just pitch it and make another one.

The Black Gun of the Future-75317353_3390318920985753_3529948747733663744_n.jpg
    Attack Squadron 65 "Tigers", USS Eisenhower '80 - '83, peackeeping w/Iran, Libya, Lebanon and E. Europe

Senior Member Array KevinRohrer's Avatar
    I guarantee you that if all guns were confiscated, the drug cartels would add a new revenue source by providing AKs and other weapons for sale, just as they now do drugs.
    Member: Orange Gunsite Family, NRA--Life, American Legion

FP-45 Liberator is another

Name:  fp45_liberator.jpg
Views: 22
Size:  13.2 KB
    I was born a gun owner, it wasn't a choice, I didn't become one later in life...I was born this way

4. Remove Advertisements
    DefensiveCarry.com
    Advertisements

Senior Member Array KILTED COWBOY's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by HotBrass45 View Post

Name:  fp45_liberator.jpg
Views: 22
Size:  13.2 KB
    I remember that one. I think it is the pistol we dropped in France in WW2 for the resistance fighters

Quote Originally Posted by HotBrass45 View Post
    The CIA tried to update the Liberator for the Vietnam War. It is known as the "Deer Gun" because of its shape. It was a 9mm. The program was not all that successful, though.

Name:  440px-TYT1-T-F2-H.jpg
Views: 23
Size:  27.4 KB

It came with instructions. I especially like the right hand picture, third row.

Name:  Deer_gun_instructions.jpg
Views: 24
Size:  32.5 KB
    Attack Squadron 65 "Tigers", USS Eisenhower '80 - '83, peackeeping w/Iran, Libya, Lebanon and E. Europe

Quote Originally Posted by jmf552 View Post
    The CIA tried to update the Liberator for the Vietnam War. It is known as the "Deer Gun" because of its shape. It was a 9mm. The program was not all that successful, though.

Interesting, I hadn't seen that one before. I've got a glue gun that looks nicer than that thing!
    OldChap, CLASS3NH and baren like this.
    I was born a gun owner, it wasn't a choice, I didn't become one later in life...I was born this way

Quote Originally Posted by jmf552 View Post

That looks like something The Incredible Dr Pol uses to check for pregnant cows!
    CLASS3NH likes this.
    "The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has limits."

the Sterling would be a great go-to gun also.......along with the Sten, as previously pictured.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails The Black Gun of the Future-sterling-mk4.jpg  

msgt/ret likes this.
    Why Waltz when you can Rock-N-Roll

There is a number of homemade sub gun books out there from the 60-80 that still pop up a lot in homemade guns ..See the Pratchy sub gun I belive he call it .

The main hard part with any gun is ammo and barrels ..Most home made guns are unrifled and the ammo is either diverted from legal hunting ammo ( so normal 22lr or some form of shotgun ammo or in the case of Indian crazy high caliber rifle rounds ) or home made poweder which is ? on if it will work ... Most of the time they have simply unrifled tubes which work but are crap if you want to hit anything .

And yes most home made guns you see are simply actions either slam fire shotguns or some of form of slam or open bolt systme as they are easy to make and tend to work with even poor ammo

Mind you of course open bolt guns are not legal in the usa any more in most cases since 82 as they are easy to convert to full auto in most cases either legally or not ( a lot of open bolt guns were papered pre 86 so semi auto only open bolts are rather rare now why they go for way more )
    CLASS3NH and msgt/ret like this.
    “Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.” H.L. Mencken
    "Vous ne les laisserez pas passer, mes camarades"
    "We're surrounded. That simplifies our problem of getting to these people and killing them."Chesty Puller

Sponsored Links